Kizuna Encounter EURO Sold. $12500.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Force said:
This is a fun game, and worth the price on MVS, but anything over $75 is too much, unless you just want some shelf art.

I <3 shelf art.

cornrex

n00b
Hi Folks,
As the previous owner of the Kizuna Encounter Euro that just sold i'd like to add some input on this fiery topic. I'm a recent newcomer to forums and have only posted a couple of times but this fact puts in perspective two of the major topics of this whole discussion : 1.) Although i'm a newbie here i've been a collector & fan of neo-geo AES on and off since 1990. I owned the Kizuna Encounter from about 1997 but only found out it's value about 9 months ago when i first checked the price guides, i didn't even know about neo-geo.com shortly before this and that PLAYMORE had been releasing new carts - for a long time after purchasing KOF2000 from buyrite(!) i thought that was it for the AES. I'd suggest that there would be many people out there that still avidly play/use their AES system but are either just not savvy to the continued renaissance of the Neo online or don't know about the rarity/collectibility of some carts or perhaps don't even use the net at all. ctd.

cornrex

n00b
(ctd.) I beleive these would count for many of the ER carts from 1996 that were made in (albeit smaller) production-quantity runs but have just failed to surface, surely as many as those just sitting forgotten in peoples cupboards or being hoarded by people.

2.) On the publicity associated with the sale and Kusanagi-sama's handling of it - i have nothing but praise for the whole procedure from beginning to end. For myself, not being an ebay seller/user there was NO-WAY i was just going to be able to pop it on ebay and get offers anything near what it finally sold for, even on these forums people would have thought long and hard before finalising a sale (anywhere near the amount finally agreed upon) to a newbie like myself - man i even had people mailing me asking to quote lines from pages of the manual and threatening to post 'cause i was probably a scammer. So in return for a fair (but not o.t.t.) commission he did what i couldn't do - (ctd.)

cornrex

n00b
(ctd.) - for a reasonable but not o.t.t. commission created interest & excitement (but not in an braggish or full-of-himself way) amongst the hardcore collectors. People (and not nutters - money is always relative) willing to make definite offers on such a rare item to someone who has a history of being a trustworhty salesperson on ebay and here (and Shawn and FTL both know how much this count's for in sales of this type), resulting in a hassle free and more profitable QUICK sale than i could have done for myself. Not only that but he has been straight-up and honest throughout - with both me and all interested purchasing parties. How many people would you trust to send a cart like KEEuro (or Ultimate11 for that matter) to for sale from the first advertising through to the final transfer of money into your account?? Well done mate - professional from start to finish.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Now just who was it in Adelaide that i traded my Ultimate 11 Euro cart with in 1997 for Samurai Shodown 4?? (true story!!!)

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
cornrex said:
How many people would you trust to send a cart like KEEuro (or Ultimate11 for that matter) to for sale from the first advertising through to the final transfer of money into your account?? Well done mate - professional from start to finish.

:buttrock:

Thanks for the kind words buddy! ...and hopefully you will come and hang out a bit in Sydney before you go to the UK.

By the way - You got a PM!:cool:

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Kusanagi-sama' said:
:buttrock:

Thanks for the kind words buddy! ...and hopefully you will come and hang out a bit in Sydney before you go to the UK.

By the way - You got a PM!:cool:

Moving to UK???
Australia is much better place to live imo...

Herzog Drei

Ace Ghost Pilot
Guys,don't bet that there are THAT many Kizunas 'collecting dust somewhere'!:spock:
Whoever bought that game in 96 was a total videogame nuthead from the beginning.
The neo & its games were just too expensive to place them in the closet like your trusty NES.:rolleyes:
The ones who really didnt care anymore about that system SOLD it back then(That was when my collection started in 94.;) )
And i find it rather suprising if there are 'videogamenutheads' without Inet access...the DC should have solved that problem.

Ok,-...'should'...:glee:

Mefffisto

Quiz Detective
Makismo said:
I bet that Shawn could get $15,000 for his copy. Is there any chance that this game will stop rising in price? I don't think that this game is as rare as some people say it is. I bet a lot of collectors have it but choose not to sell it because of the rarity of it.

I can tell you that Shawn's copy is not as in good condition as Kusanagi-sama's... Shawn is not a god...
The 2 last copies sold in 2003-2004 were in better condition...
That's it!

Retaliator

Armored Scrum Object
Mefffisto said:
I can tell you that Shawn's copy is not as in good condition as Kusanagi-sama's... Shawn is not a god...
The 2 last copies sold in 2003-2004 were in better condition...
That's it!

Well judging from the pic of Shawn´s Kizuna in the pic section I`d say that his copy makes the Australian one look like a badly treated one (2 cm insert tear --> ouch!)

eight one

Igniz's Servent
twalden said:
neo-ego.com :rolleyes:

Absolutely fuckin' priceless. :lol:

I wonder why in the fuck SNK would produce only five copies of a game. And they expect to stay afloat?

I'm sorry, but no game is really worth $10K.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
Retaliator said:
Well judging from the pic of Shawn´s Kizuna in the pic section I`d say that his copy makes the Australian one look like a badly treated one (2 cm insert tear --> ouch!)

Shawn's insert and perhaps even manual were in better condition yes - however his cart is quite scratched all over, the one I recently sold was pretty much blemishless. It didn't have ANY scuff-marks to speak off as it was only played a handfull of times.

So in a way they kind of even each other out.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Hmmm I can see nothing had changed these past few months. Didn't know Simone was a mod now.

Hell must have really frozen over for that one.

Anyways 12.5k, If you have the money to blow on that more power to ya. Seriously tho it's a shame that only a select few sites on the net, *this being one of them*, will only really give a damn about it.

At least do yourself the diginity of the purchase and plug the damn cart into your system and play it. I doubt you'll get 12.5k worth of play out of but if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Kusanagi-sama'

Ninja Combat Warrior
BonusKun said:
At least do yourself the diginity of the purchase and plug the damn cart into your system and play it. I doubt you'll get 12.5k worth of play out of but if you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

I spoke to the new owner off the Kizuna EURO the other day over the phone - yes he has played it a little - but being the collector that he is I don't expect him to use it as frequently as he would a normal cart. I mean, when you have a $12,500US cart sitting in your AES system it is an odd feeling - you wouldn't want a blackout to short the power and possibly fry the circuits on your AES or game for that matter. (A highly unlikely possibility but crazier things have happened!)

eight one

Igniz's Servent
Kusanagi-sama' said:
I spoke to the new owner off the Kizuna EURO the other day over the phone - yes he has played it a little - but being the collector that he is I don't expect him to use it as frequently as he would a normal cart. I mean, when you have a $12,500US cart sitting in your AES system it is an odd feeling - you wouldn't want a blackout to short the power and possibly fry the circuits on your AES or game for that matter. (A highly unlikely possibility but crazier things have happened!)

Even so, that's being a little too anal-retentive, no?

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
eight one said:
Even so, that's being a little too anal-retentive, no?

I don't know about that. If I dropped 12.5K on a game you can rest assured that it would be well taken care of. Whoever purchased this is defiantly more of a collector than a gamer.

aria

Former Moderator
BonusKun said:
Seriously tho it's a shame that only a select few sites on the net, *this being one of them*, will only really give a damn about it.

Oh, I think other sites would give a damn -just not in a positve way. More like, "OMG, look at the people who spend $12k on a video game." I don't know that I'd blame them for mocking this thead.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
eight one said:
Sad truth.

SNK might as well have sold empty boxes with pretty art.
What are you talking about? That game Kizuna is worth at least $70, easy. No way the empty box would go for more than $12,430.00 (insert rolling eyes smiley).

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
Oh, I think other sites would give a damn -just not in a positve way. More like, "OMG, look at the people who spend $12k on a video game." I don't know that I'd blame them for mocking this thead.

Oh I'm aware of a few sites....scratch that...a lot of sites and places that would call these type of 'Extreme collectors' idiots for shelling out that much money for a Videogame.

I personally wouldn't blame em either.

eight one

Igniz's Servent
SouthtownKid said:
What are you talking about? That game Kizuna is worth at least $70, easy. No way the empty box would go for more than $12,430.00 (insert rolling eyes smiley).

Exactly my point.

Is there really a point to dropping $12K on a game so it can look pretty on a shelf?

Didn't think so, sucka. :oh_no:

aria

Former Moderator
BonusKun said:
Oh I'm aware of a few sites....scratch that...a lot of sites and places that would call these type of 'Extreme collectors' idiots for shelling out that much money for a Videogame.

I personally wouldn't blame em either.

I kind of hope they do :)

THey'll come, they'll gawk, they'll mention it back at their "home" forums and a few will register here just to ask the collectors how stupid they are -of course of those a handful will stay since they'll unwittingly be drawn into "the drama" which nets so many young souls. Then, soon after, my Genesis Device will be complete. hoo-hoo-haa-haa-haa!

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Bobak said:
I kind of hope they do :)

THey'll come, they'll gawk, they'll mention it back at their "home" forums and a few will register here just to ask the collectors how stupid they are -of course of those a handful will stay since they'll unwittingly be drawn into "the drama" which nets so many young souls. Then, soon after, my Genesis Device will be complete. hoo-hoo-haa-haa-haa!

I originally registered to gawk and mock, so I can relate.

Honestly, though, not to beat a dead horse or anything, but 12 GRAND!??!?! And just because there are antique coin collectors, perfume bottle collectors and car collectors that put this price to shame, citing other insanely overpriced hobbies doesn't make this insanely overpriced hobby any less embarassing. Some people say it's immoral to download and play ROMs, but I would argue spending this much money on a hunk of plastic when you could play the same damn game for free on you computer and give the money to a cause is a much more questionable activity.