JUne arrival date for classic volumes now!!!!

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
DokiDokiMajoShinpan.jpg

DokiDokiMajoShinpan2Duo.jpg

Doki_majo_plus.jpg

Doesn't count for shit these days.

I second Danthor!

I...

but...

they...

pink...

*brain explodes*

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I....what? What...what even are those?

Games were you grope animu girls to find out if they're witches.
I actually had the special edition (sealed) for the second game which I bought for almost nothing and sold it for more than twice to some douche.

Last edited:

Superfrick

n00b
So.. I was in Japan on vacation 5 years ago, and it was my first time actually out in the city and there was a game store with a GIANT STAND UP DEMO of one of these Touch Witches games. I'm all like.. REALLY? Seriously? In PUBLIC?? My mind exploded a little and I haven't been the same since :)

Eze

n00b
This subforum is completely infested with first-world problems and fanboys. For real though. If I wanted to buy an AES, it would be WAY more money. The game prices are down right ridiculous, not to mention the console itself is stationary. Any other method of getting these games and playing them like they were made back in the day is ultimately more expensive. The NGX has problems, sure, but they're minor and anything WRONG with it can be fixed by software updates.

First and foremost, does the device WORK? Yes. It does. If not, you should be able to determine that within the time frame the warranty exists for. If problems arise after, stop dropping it. Buying an AES doesn't have a warranty period so that sucks.

If the argument made about getting a PSP or a Pandora, or any other emulation hand held is the best thing you can muster up, that's pretty stupid, especially considering it's pretty damn easy to modify the NGX. Who are you supporting when you buy a Pandora, or a PSP or a Dingoo? Not SNK. Sure, Tommo probably gets some money, but would you not rather support the company that brought you these damn games to begin with?

Waiting an extra couple months for an affordable version of these games which I can STILL play on my television and actually AFFORD (Garou MOW for example), isn't going to burden my existence. If the it burdens yours, you live a pretty good life.

Seriously I've never seen grown men whine about such little things so much in my life. As for the people who actually enjoy this, I'm with you. The people making it out to be the worst creation ever mustered, seriously, just stop.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
~lol poor people complaining about NeoGeo being expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SSS

neo retired
buy a shitty old PC and run MAME. Plugged the X up to my HDTV the other day, looks like complete garbage. Switched over to MAME on another input, night and day.

The neo x is final burn alpha with a severe case of dysentery.

Eze

n00b
~lol poor people complaining about NeoGeo being expensive

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Further validifying lack of thought process to create an actual response/argument aforementioned.

SSS

neo retired
Further validifying lack of thought process to create an actual response/argument aforementioned.

How about Tommo stole a freeware emulator violating it's terms of use. so... fuck them

Eze

n00b
How about Tommo stole a freeware emulator violating it's terms of use. so... fuck them

How about that's completely null considering you just stated using MAME is better.

SSS

neo retired
How about that's completely null considering you just stated using MAME is better.

Uhh.. cause MAME is a thousand times better than the crippled shit job that's running on the Neo X. Plus I'm not trying to profit from MAME.

Eze

n00b
Uhh.. cause MAME is a thousand times better than the crippled shit job that's running on the Neo X. Plus I'm not trying to profit from MAME.

You obviously missed the point. First off, it's freeware. Tommo & SNK are profiting from the hardware they're selling, as well as the games SNK created/has rights to. The freeware (including Linux) RUNS the hardware. With your ideology, any hardware running on Linux is illegal.

About MAME, you're stealing the games regardless and you're not supporting anyone by doing so.

SSS

neo retired
You obviously missed the point. First off, it's freeware. Tommo & SNK are profiting from the hardware they're selling, as well as the games SNK created/has rights to. The freeware (including Linux) RUNS the hardware. With your ideology, any hardware running on Linux is illegal.

About MAME, you're stealing the games regardless and you're not supporting anyone by doing so.

Are you really that daft?

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba_license.php

Go read the first couple lines.

Eze

n00b
Are you really that daft?

http://www.barryharris.me.uk/fba_license.php

Go read the first couple lines.

Again, they're not selling the software or claiming right to the software the device runs on. They're selling hardware. They never claimed they owned the emulation software, they just stated it IS emulated.

I encourage you to read more on that page and think as you read. It will help, I promise.

SSS

neo retired
Holy fuck are you a moron. If that was true they would sell the Neo X as a blank canvas with nothing installed. THE SOFTWARE IS IN THE FUCKING PRODUCT.

By them not developing their own software, they are profiting from using FBA. How in the hell do you not understand this.

Last edited:

Eze

n00b
Holy fuck are you a moron. If that was true they would sell the Neo X as a blank canvas with nothing installed. THE SOFTWARE IS IN THE FUCKING PRODUCT.

By them not developing their own software, they are profiting from using FBA. How in the hell do you not understand this.

. . .

Ok lets use an example here. In The Groove, a rhythm dancing game was created and RAN off of freeware which ALSO ran on freeware. Google Chromebooks RUN on freeware. These companies make money on the HARDWARE they're creating, they're not SELLING the freeware, because that makes no sense.

If what they were doing is actually illegal, do you NOT think they would already be sued for using this freeware illegally?

Eze

n00b
Also just let me add this citation from the same page you just linked me.

"All material not covered above © 2004-2009 Team FB Alpha."

SSS

neo retired
. . .
, they're not SELLING the freeware, because that makes no sense.

If what they were doing is actually illegal, do you NOT think they would already be sued for using this freeware illegally?

THE SOFTWARE IS CONTAINED IN THE PRODUCT THEY ARE SELLING. Therefore they are selling the software as well. Google chromebooks?! They are running on an OS the company created. How is that an example?

Just because something is freeware doesn't mean you can use it for profit. Which is exactly what Tommo is doing.

Let me remind you the neo x also has other emulators and the Playstation bios burried inside it as well considering it is a dingoo clone.

And the 2004-2009.... so the fuck what? so he hasn't updated that page in a few years. Doesn't make what Tommo is doing legal.

Also did it cross your mind perhaps the gentleman behind FBA doesn't have the time or resources for litigation with a commercial company?

Last edited:

Eze

n00b
THE SOFTWARE IS CONTAINED IN THE PRODUCT THEY ARE SELLING. Therefore they are selling the software as well. Google chromebooks?! They are running on an OS the company created. How is that an example?

Just because something is freeware doesn't mean you can use it for profit. Which is exactly what Tommo is doing.

Let me remind you the neo x also has other emulators and the Playstation bios burried inside it as well considering it is a dingoo clone.

And the 2004-2009.... so the fuck what? so he hasn't updated that page in a few years. Doesn't make what Tommo is doing legal.

Also did it cross your mind perhaps the gentleman behind FBA doesn't have the time or resources for litigation with a commercial company?

Chromebooks run on Linux actually. I own one. Underneath the fact that most of the OS runs on the browser, the core is Linux, which is freeware.

When copyright ceases to exist, it's quite legal. Why do you think companies patent things.

Just because Tommo is selling a piece of equipment with freeware on it, that makes every other emulation handheld OK?

SSS

neo retired
If other emulation handhelds are being sold with software who's license prohibits the use for commercial profit, then they are not OK.

The FBA license prohibits it's use for commercial profit.

TOMMO is using it for commercial profit.

end of story

As far as MAME, I already own the games in MVS format. If I so chose I could make my own legal backups of the ROMS.

Last edited:

Eze

n00b
If other emulation handhelds are being sold with software who's license prohibits the use for commercial profit, then they are not OK.

The FBA license prohibits it's use for commercial profit.

TOMMO is using it for commercial profit.

end of story

As far as MAME, I already own the games in MVS format. If I so chose I could make my own legal backups of the ROMS.

The FBA license means shit-all. The freeware's copyright expired in 2009.

If you really have 10,512 posts, I feel really bad for anyone who has had the misfortune of reading the other 10,500 I haven't read.