Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
45231479.jpg

Dude.

at least he's trying.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I played Samurai Pizza Cats on an emulator.

I didn't read much of the thread. :(

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
You haven't played enough of 2 to make that statement.

Hmm.. that could be true.. I will say that I beat X first, and that if they had just made 2 without slowdown it MAY be better than X.. but that 2 player slowdown is game breaking for me, it just feels miserable.

That's why X will always be the best slug in my book.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Hey I am going to start getting myself more acquainted with the Neo Geo but I would appreciate a little help.

What are some good games?

Games I like some but not all would be ,

Ninja Gaiden , Contra , Castlevania , Zelda stuff like that. I am a Nes fanboy for sure but I want to open my eyes to more!
Which system do you have, AES or MVS? Some games are cheaper on MVS.
Metal Slug 1 (on MVS) is a good game to get if you're a fan of Contra. It's the easiest in the series.
The Neo is not a very good system for platformers or RPGs.

Last edited:

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
Like most said here the Metal Slug series would be right your alley. Also check out the Shock Troopers games you would probably like those to.
Hey I am going to start getting myself more acquainted with the Neo Geo but I would appreciate a little help.

What are some good games?

Games I like some but not all would be ,

Ninja Gaiden , Contra , Castlevania , Zelda stuff like that. I am a Nes fanboy for sure but I want to open my eyes to more!

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I'm just here to say Double Dragon is the shit...don't listen to these people .

Also...just for my own edification...why would you join a site dedicated to something you have zero interest or knowledge of.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hmm.. that could be true.. I will say that I beat X first, and that if they had just made 2 without slowdown it MAY be better than X.. but that 2 player slowdown is game breaking for me, it just feels miserable.

That's why X will always be the best slug in my book.

Play Slug 2 single player. You'll appreciate the slowdown like in a Cave game. Weapon drops are perfect. 1cc that game and then we'll talk about how X is just a remix with less slowdown and meh weapon drops. I don't believe it at first till I sat down in front of my AES and spent a solid month on the game. I still can't 1cc it yet but I'm down to the 3 credits.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Also...just for my own edification...why would you join a site dedicated to something you have zero interest or knowledge of.

To use the market
:keke:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Play Slug 2 single player. You'll appreciate the slowdown like in a Cave game. Weapon drops are perfect. 1cc that game and then we'll talk about how X is just a remix with less slowdown and meh weapon drops. I don't believe it at first till I sat down in front of my AES and spent a solid month on the game. I still can't 1cc it yet but I'm down to the 3 credits.
Metal Slug 2 is way harder to 1cc than Metal Slug 1, even with the slowdown.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
NBD, man.. I moderate this place and i don't even OWN a neo geo.

:keke:

Spoiler:
Dumbest. rumor. ever.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
X > 2

That slowdown is unforgivable.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
If 2 was the only Metal Slug game ever made people wouldn't give a hoot about the slowdown and they would just rave about how awesome that game is, same with 4 and 5. They are not bad games just overshadowed by 1, X , and 3. That bar was just set way too high.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If you guys REALLY want to experience 2 without slowdown, play the Wii VC release. It plays at normal speed and has minimal slowdown. But that makes it harder than fuck.

Mack702

New Challenger

I am still going to try Double Dragon ;)

Market Place.

Mack702

New Challenger
Which system do you have, AES or MVS? Some games are cheaper on MVS.
Metal Slug 1 (on MVS) is a good game to get if you're a fan of Contra. It's the easiest in the series.
The Neo is not a very good system for platformers or RPGs.

I am still a bit confused on the difference of AES, MVS, AEC, I seen some other one too but I have no idea lol. I am going to have to google all of this! I do not own any of them.

Mack702

New Challenger
Sorry, man. As soon as I read "armpit of California", I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Although (in reference to Shadow's comment) Downey is probably a close second, if what I see of the area while driving down the 710 is any indication. Yuck!

Ya only moved here because work is steady, when I was in Sac it died off everywhere.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
There really isn't any difference gameplay wise between AES and MVS. Just the carts are physically different so you can't take a home cart (AES) and put it into an MVS Arcade cab, or visa versa.

Mack702

New Challenger
There really isn't any difference gameplay wise between AES and MVS. Just the carts are physically different so you can't take a home cart (AES) and put it into an MVS Arcade cab, or visa versa.

What do people usually prefer ?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
What do people usually prefer ?

Price wise? Used to be MVS, but due to the explosion of the CMVS prices are going up. AES is the cream of the drop and alot of people just collect and don't even play for fear of putting insertion marks on their cart. AES also limits your credits to four. Baseball Stars 2 on MVS runs on a timer for each credit. AEC is the name that ignorant sellers on eBay use for things they are flipping. Joking, I think AEC stands for Advanced Entertainment Console. I've seen some white boxes that say AEC on them and I assume that it's the console only with no games nor controllers.

Last edited:

Mack702

New Challenger
Price wise? Used to be MVS, but due to the explosion of the CMVS prices are going up. AES is the cream of the drop and alot of people just collect and don't even play for fear of putting insertion marks on their cart. AES also limits your credits to four. Baseball Stars 2 on MVS runs on a timer for each credit. AEC is the name that ignorant sellers on eBay use for things they are flipping. Joking, I think AEC stands for Advanced Entertainment Console. I've seen some white boxes that say AEC on them and I assume that it's the console only with no games nor controllers.

Ok gotcha on the AEC thing, So for a new guy buying a system and wanting to play his games what's the cheaper route?