If shit went nuts and you could only keep 3 games for the rest of your life...

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Streets of rage 2 - IMO it is one of if not the best in this genre of games. Music, stages, bosses, challenge. Its all there.

Street fighter third strike - The fighting game that got me into playing fighters competitively. Learning all the characters, and learning to red parry, and all that jazz would provide lots of entertainment.

Spriggan/Dimahoo - This one i'm not 100% on. Spiggan was my favorite shooter, but I've been playing lots of Dimahoo and its really great. I'll have to come back to this

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
hold up
hold up
hold up

Spoiler:

amirite?

YoNoidAd.png

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Dracula X

Which? I'm guessing you mean Rondo of Blood, but the SNES version is simply called Dracula X.

P.S. Do that many people own a copy of Rondo of Blood, or is a Wii copy being counted? I've always wanted to track a physical copy down just don't have the money to throw at it.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Super Metroid
Shadowgate
Radiant Silvergun

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Mega Man 2
Street Fighter II X
SamSho II

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Master what? The game is a pile of turd.

lol, from roker that's ok 'cause he doesn't know any better...but you? Oh wait...right...nevermind, carry on with your trolling.

Sengoku 3 is probably one of the best brawlers ever, an evolutionary step in the genre for sure.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Armed Police Batrider - there is literally no end to the replay value of this game just ask Chem

Hell f'in yes!

Not only an awesome shooter with great characters, enemy design, music, graphics, and level design, but loaded with a variety and different ways to play. It seriously is the ultimate shooter IMO. I 1cc'd by it getting the extends and skipping the tougher boss, but I have yet to beat it without the tricks that make it easier. There's a 2nd final boss that seems to take an infinite amount of hits.

One day, yes, one day, I'll own a cab just to play this game proper (I used to play it a friend's house all the time).

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special

MGS2 or 3. Probably 2.

Maybe God Hand? Or possibly Jet Set Radio Future?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
JSR Future is a great game, so much better than the first JSR, could be 'cause you don't have to do them silly analogue moves to pray a big area...just do it on the fly while doing combos like a champ!

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
JSR Future is a great game, so much better than the first JSR, could be 'cause you don't have to do them silly analogue moves to pray a big area...just do it on the fly while doing combos like a champ!

Really? Guess I might have to give it a shot. I really like 'De La Jet Set' with the extended soundtrack.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
This is a tough one for sure, initial thoughts:

Metal Slug - I think X is the better game (X > 2), but I never get tired of the original
Mario Kart Double Dash - Great game, great courses and would be useful single player or with multiple people
GTA San Andreas - GTA games are fun whether you're actually following the story lines or just purposely screwing around

I originally thought NBA Jam TE JAMMA board, but put MKDD in there instead.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

The only reason I want an Xbox. Been waiting forever or a re-release of some sort. I never played it but loved the first.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
One game that I forgot to include was Heroes of Might & Magic II. Holy shit is that one of the best strategy/RPG's of all time. Addictive as hell and a huge time sink (single maps can take hours to conquer). I always end up getting my ass kicked, but I still keep coming back for more.

Don't know which game I'd have to kick off my list to put it in though.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
One game that I forgot to include was Heroes of Might & Magic II. Holy shit is that one of the best strategy/RPG's of all time. Addictive as hell and a huge time sink (single maps can take hours to conquer). I always end up getting my ass kicked, but I still keep coming back for more.

Don't know which game I'd have to kick off my list to put it in though.

Dude, did you play III? The XL maps were double the size. Most games I didn't necessarily know they were being released - they just showed up on store shelves. Heroes III was one of the few games I remember coming out and thinking "Wow, I hope it's awesome". And I didn't even have a computer, so playing II at friends' houses was quite special in itself. The game made some excellent improvements in customizing armies/magic/heroes.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The only reason I want an Xbox. Been waiting forever or a re-release of some sort. I never played it but loved the first.

If you end up getting it, mind as well get the SEGA GT combo and some other great XBOX titles like Outrun 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta and Gun Valkirie. Ninja Gaiden Black is my favorite XBOX game so that's another well worth a while and if you like that genre, both Otogis are really good as well. Not a whole lot of amazing titles in the XBOX but a few that are top notch. Extreme Volleyball Beach is way better than I ever thought it would be.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Namco Assault Plus
118124204986.png

Legend of Zelda LTTP
006.png

Brutal DOOM
10e6EwAN2jg59e.gif

These should satisfy most gaming urges I would have and they never get old.

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star
For me, it would have to be these three:

Streets of Rage 1 - Genesis (I love SOR2, but I keep coming back to 1 because I think 1 really sticks to the whole violent city theme well)

Dracula X: Rondo of Blood - PCE (A gem of a game that pushes the PCE-CD)

Real Bout Special - Neo Geo MVS (An all around fun fighting game for the Neo Geo, and I still need to master more characters)

Honorable Mentions for me include:

Chrono Trigger - PS Version
Metal Slug 1 - Neo Geo MVS
Tetris Attack - SNES

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Have you played Pokémon Puzzle League N64? How about the DSiware Puzzle League? It plays vertical, it's awesome! Both games are the same premise as Tetris Attack, which is weird how is not a Tetris game and Yoshi is the protagonist, there's also Yoshi a puzzle game on the Gameboy and NES, I feel it was the start of this puzzle concept, great game!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd also agree with SSF2T but playing solo it would get old quicker than most.

I've yet to scratch the surface with ST and I know I can grow but I'm not a fast learner, it takes me eons to get things just right, even against the AI, 1CC SX maybe in level 4, once it starts creeping up the cheese is thick, there's plenty of practice to be had with the AI, also I feel that I can still have some friends even though I just have 3 games...lol. Everyone would have 3 games and I'd be a multiplayer sensation around the block...

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Super metroid

garou mark of the wolves

UN squadron (arcade version)