How long will this amiibo craze last?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I gotta admit I feel like a chump buying all those amiibos, but they do some cool stuff in games. I'm just lazy and it's too big of a pain in the ass to touch the amiibo to the controller/ system to get the goodies.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm just lazy and it's too big of a pain in the ass to touch the amiibo to the controller/ system to get the goodies.

Negroid please, you need to open them first before you can do such things :keke:

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I pretty much got the Amiibos I wanted and stepped out of this shit.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I have a few I use with Mario Kart and Smash. I've opened them up. I'm using them. I have no desire to chase unicorns. I'll probably grab a Bowser Jr. in the next wave. Not really too much exciting me out there. Still don't get the madness.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I have a few I use with Mario Kart and Smash. I've opened them up. I'm using them. I have no desire to chase unicorns. I'll probably grab a Bowser Jr. in the next wave. Not really too much exciting me out there. Still don't get the madness.

If you look at Disney Infinity, you can quite easily go into a store right now and buy practically the entire collection of 59(?) figures. You'll only have a little bit of a hard time finding some of the earlier 1.0 ones like Violet and Syndrome. The same is holds true for Skylanders, with some of the early ones being hard to find at this point.

Nintendo, though, they made some excuse early on that they didn't have the shelf space and were not going to reprint any of the more niche characters. They recently reprinted a couple here and there (like Marth), but it can't make a dent in the demand. So unless it's Mario and Zelda characters (which they made a zillion of and keeping making more), you have to either lurk on Reddit.com/r/ all the time, import, or pay ebay prices for some of the rare figures.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I gotta admit I feel like a chump buying all those amiibos, but they do some cool stuff in games. I'm just lazy and it's too big of a pain in the ass to touch the amiibo to the controller/ system to get the goodies.

I just like some of them cause I collect figures, but fuck getting all of them at this point. The only ones I truly want are of characters that got no figures (little mac, captain falcon, rosalina etc which I have mostly). Even when I wasted god knows how many hours waiting for the preorders, I was always late or it turned on when I went to bed. You know its pretty fucked up when amiibo in stock is too slow to react. To make matters worse, people have created automatic scripts to add this shit to their carts automatically without any human intervention.

I wish the smash bros ones were more than a dlc ai that (other than mindless button reading, cheats by doing more damage, and exploits all that is wrong with smash 4 in a nutshell such as rolling,infinite air dodges, perfect power shielding, and magnet ledges). The ai isn't evne better than the regular, it just does more damage aka handicap.

With this in mind, China is already working on bootleg amiibos, or more to the point cloning the NFC chip to upload and download peoples amiibos.

With that said, It seems Nintendo has done everything wrong with launching amiibos right down to communicating timely releases, stock, and even going back on their word (remember when they tweeted saying marth was going to be restocked in April?) and I hope it bites them in their asses.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I got what I wanted, but if I see an amiibo that I'm lacking that I like the design for I'll buy it. I will not pay more than retail for one, fuck that noise.

I just wish there was more to do with them. Maybe a sandbox game like infinity or some sort of actual incentive, like if I scan Link in the next Mario we get an exclusive Zelda themed level. Stuff like that. Simple but adds a ton to existing games.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I pretty much got the Amiibos I wanted and stepped out of this shit.

Same here- I had a bunch still boxed and held out some hope of finding rares on shelves, then a week ago or so I finally said fuck this and just opened all of them to use. Way better.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Villager, Marth, and Ike all got reprinted and oh boy did the mess up the faces even more.
new-marth-amiibo-jpg.jpg

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Villager, Marth, and Ike all got reprinted and oh boy did the mess up the faces even more.
new-marth-amiibo-jpg.jpg

They both look like shit to me, which one is the original version, the boy or the girl? :keke:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm interested in Jigglypuff, Bowser Jr., Wario, and Pac Man and that's it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Broke down and bought Wario on amazon.

At least I'd get the cool amiibo board on MP10.

I want Pac Man for the cool racing suit in MK8.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Girl Marth is a mongoloid!

While this may be intended to be negative, it is actually correct.
mongoloid meaning it has features of a person of mongol. Prominent epicanthal folds creating a more narrow eye shape.

it does however, look retarded. as in a retarded person made this sculpt.

[/snark]

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
While this may be intended to be negative, it is actually correct.
mongoloid meaning it has features of a person of mongol. Prominent epicanthal folds creating a more narrow eye shape.

it does however, look retarded. as in a retarded person made this sculpt.

[/snark]

true that, if the marth on the right is the new design, they did a poor job with it.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
new-marth-amiibo-jpg.jpg

For what it's worth, the one on the left is NOT the original version of Marth. That's the reprint. Nintendo totally shit the bed with him and Villager. Their reprints are the fixed versions, and that Marth on the left is the new edition, the one on the right is one of the "Merths"...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Do you guys think Pac Man will be th3 R4R3?

I have a feeling pac man will be like sonic and mega man - uncommon, but not rare.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Do you guys think Pac Man will be th3 R4R3?

I have a feeling pac man will be like sonic and mega man - uncommon, but not rare.

No, the two with smaller production runs than the others this time around are Robin and Lucina. Iirc, the ration is something like 3:1 for the rest vs. those two, not counting the exclusives of course. Ironically enough, GS (for example) is getting far more units of Ness than they are of Robin and Lucina.