Here comes the 360 Slim

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I'd rather have them focus on bringing out top-tier exclusives first. Seems like the PS3's software has complimented the hardware's slim redesign in perfect synch thus far. Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, GoW3, etc. I don't know what's on the horizon for the 360 except for the token inevitable Halo entry.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Needs built in wifi.
This tell me Microsoft is starting to get scared.

It's not going to have built-in wifi. MS makes a lot of money with those wifi adapters.

And I don't see what MS has to be scared about, the 360 still outsells the PS3 in the US, for the most part (and I think in the UK too). This just seems like business as usual, and something that they need to do to both lower production/shipping costs and retail price (and hopefully increase reliability). A lot of people knew this was going to happen eventually, ever since the details on Valhalla were leaked.

I don't know what's on the horizon for the 360 except for the token inevitable Halo entry.

Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Fable 3, Ninety-Nine Nights 2, Halo Reach of course. There's probably other stuff that hasn't been announced yet. And then there's Natal.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Something somebody posted on 1up.

360s.jpg

360s2.png

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
lol i love how people are just making comments about the hardware design when they know nothing about it. like "let me edit this image and add comments to everything even though i know nothing,"

its pretty obvious that the dvd drive doesnt need to be mounted through the board. it can be mounted to the top half of the case.

and you wouldnt "license" coolermasters logo to put on a fan...youd contract coolermaster to provide fans. if they are thats awesome but if not, then its obviously just on there for testing purposes.

obviously the "WTF?"s are usb ports. what a tard. the other front port is for the memory card.

and why would the dvd drive necessarily be resting on that one capacitor? theres like 6 other things that the dvd drive would hit into being that close to the board. it obviously isnt going to be mounted flush with the board..

one sata is for the hdd one is for the dvd. just because theres a sata connector on the board doesnt mean the other end definitely wont be a proprietary connector like the original 360.

"looks photoshopped" lol

Last edited:

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I'll buy it only if mine kicks the bucket again. I have a JP 360 and don't want to sacrifice that if possible. It's a Falcon unit and I can actually hear when the unit becomes hotter, as it becomes louder. I always feel like it shouldn't be on if it isn't being played (as in, idling on the Xbox Dashboard is probably not a good idea).

No worries with my PS3 though, the thing's super quiet and I can leave it on the XMB for ages without having to worry about anything. I still turn it off whenever I'm not using it though. I wish there was some way to log into PSN/XBL without actually having to turn the consoles on (and I don't mean stuff like xbox.com, I mean actually going online).

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Oh I believe it legit, I read on the magicbox site a while ago that Microsoft was looking for engineers to build a slim.

There is one thing that I kind of agree with from the pics though... Where are the memory card slots? Unless the one at the bottom on the right is exactly that. Just doubled over each other.

@ Henti Sama...

Wow.. I just read your sig...

lol i love how people are just making comments about the hardware design when they know nothing about it. like "let me edit this image and add comments to everything even though i know nothing,"

its pretty obvious that the dvd drive doesnt need to be mounted through the board. it can be mounted to the top half of the case.

and you wouldnt "license" coolermasters logo to put on a fan...youd contract coolermaster to provide fans. if they are thats awesome but if not, then its obviously just on there for testing purposes.

obviously the "WTF?"s are usb ports. what a tard. the other front port is for the memory card.

and why would the dvd drive necessarily be resting on that one capacitor? theres like 6 other things that the dvd drive would hit into being that close to the board. it obviously isnt going to be mounted flush with the board..

one sata is for the hdd one is for the dvd. just because theres a sata connector on the board doesnt mean the other end definitely wont be a proprietary connector like the original 360.

"looks photoshopped" lol

Last edited:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
Oh I believe it legit, I read on the magicbox site a while ago that Microsoft was looking for engineers to build a slim.

There is one thing that I kind of agree with from the pics though... Where are the memory card slots? Unless the one at the bottom on the right is exactly that. Just doubled over each other.

in the first link of the thread they speculate that it looks like theres just one memory card port, and its that one port on the front of the board.

even though the memory cards are pretty wide, the connector on em is pretty small, only a little bigger than a usb port.

i have no doubt these pics are legit either. too hard to fake and too much money to waste to not be real.