Here comes the 360 Slim

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I like the possible inclusion of 2.5inch drives in this model... That would be really nice. I just worry about a few things like will it support current 360 hard drives and of course reliability. I guess worse case scenario you just use the HD transfer cable to copy stuff from your old external to a new internal drive. Sounds promising!

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Hopefully it wont be as shitty as its predecessor.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
They finally figured out that you need a fan over the heatsync to suck out the hot air... :oh_no:

However this is good if the price point is fairly low. From the mobo shots, the hard-drive would hook into the top left corner, meaning new HDD. 2 USBs in front one atop the other, 2 memcard slots one atop the other beside that.. AC adaptor (still using the brick apparently) top right... AV/HDMI top middle, with ethernet hub and another USB beside it.

This is where I'm confused though.. between the HDD port and the ethernet port, there's another hookup slot for something. Possibly the NATAL sensor bar? :conf:

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
I just wonder if it will actually be designed to NOT die when you look at it funny. Or seriously.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
I just wonder if it will actually be designed to NOT die when you look at it funny. Or seriously.

Sorry Deuce, you'll have to wait another 5 years of revisions for this version to become stable.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
This might be my opportunity to get one. With all the horror stories surrounding the 360 I've been holding out getting one until they fixed it. But it still doesn't play Blu Ray.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It doesn't surprise me they're making a slim.

That fuckin' crate couldn't get any bigger.

Isn't he lol360 the biggest/heaviest console system ever?

In 10 years, we'll look at it and laugh.

NipRing

The Shlonginator,
I thought the original xbox was the biggest/heaviest. Internal power supply and everything.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
It doesn't surprise me they're making a slim.

That fuckin' crate couldn't get any bigger.

In 10 years, we'll look at it and laugh.

The fat PS3 is bigger. Or at least weighs more.

Anyway, a slim 360 is a good idea if it is more reliable.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
The largest mass-production game console ever made (so far as I'm aware) was the Atari 5200, at least in terms of overall profile/volume taken up by the system itself. That thing was frickin' enormous.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
This is where I'm confused though.. between the HDD port and the ethernet port, there's another hookup slot for something. Possibly the NATAL sensor bar? :conf:

VGA?

:scratch: No. PS3. Original Xbox probably has just as much volume.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Natal is going to use USB. It can't use a new connector since Natal has to work with every 360.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Good. My 360 sounds like a fucking jet engine and it gets choppy when I watch movies or play games for more than an hour. I keep thinking it's going to RROD any second, but it never seems to.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
The largest mass-production game console ever made (so far as I'm aware) was the Atari 5200, at least in terms of overall profile/volume taken up by the system itself. That thing was frickin' enormous.

Yes it was!

xmas84.jpg

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
If this is true, I'm gonna go ahead and call it good news. Presumably they'll finally kill any issues with reliability, and come up with a console that's built to last. And if that is indeed a 2.5 inch HD in there, maybe it'll be as easily upgradable as the PS3's is (though I seriously doubt it — I bet MS makes a lot of money from their overpriced hard drives).

Anyways. Assuming this launches at the standard $300 price tag, or even lower, maybe, I'd think about buying one. Typically EB offers a deal where you can trade your old console and a couple games for a massive discount on the new one, so I'd probably go for something like that. It'd be worth it for peace of mind (at fucking last).

T.A.P.

15 Year Member

I'm pretty sure the LaserActive has the 5200 beat.

Edit: One of the Phillips CD-i models (the 910) has the 5200 beat, and I think the LaserActive is bigger than it.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Good. My 360 sounds like a fucking jet engine and it gets choppy when I watch movies or play games for more than an hour. I keep thinking it's going to RROD any second, but it never seems to.

Same here, except mine has red ringed. I very rarely play a game from the disk - If it's not playing from the HD, I have to use headphones. If I have the money when this comes out (prob the same day as Natal), I'll buy it.