Ghostlop homecarts etc...

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
OmegaSaber said:
Where's the thread praising Japhei for bringing us new MVS games for cheaper than official (and I certainly don't condone that asshole.)

Case in point. The SVC MVS cart is out in boot form and to everyone (HPMAN included) was blasphmeous yet he now is making bootlegged carts of another game and can have a clear concience about it?

And that my friends is hypocrisy.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Decepticon said:
Case in point. The SVC MVS cart is out in boot form and to everyone (HPMAN included) was blasphmeous yet he now is making bootlegged carts of another game and can have a clear concience about it?

And that my friends is hypocrisy.

Well said.

HPMan can say whatever he wants.

The fact is it is still a bootleg.

One that costs 765 Euros for that matter.

What a dipshit.

I love these people who claim to be Neo fans then first chance they get they will do shit like this for money.

As far as I am concerned if I had the prototype I would just release the roms out to the public and let anyone do what the fuck they want with it.

You have to love the French. :oh_no:

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Shin Takuma said:
What comments ?

.... sold them @ 765€ each and even put some resin on the chips to make any further copy impossible.

I think this part of the whole deal is what sucks. Why would you prevent any further copying of the chip when you have already made your initial investment + profit? (YES I ALREADY KNOW WHY) that part of the whole scheme seems shit to me.

Phillip

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
DangerousK said:
Well said.

HPMan can say whatever he wants.

The fact is it is still a bootleg.

One that costs 765 Euros for that matter.

What a dipshit.

I love these people who claim to be Neo fans then first chance they get they will do shit like this for money.

As far as I am concerned if I had the prototype I would just release the roms out to the public and let anyone do what the fuck they want with it.

You have to love the French. :oh_no:

I'll admit what boots I have...SVC, Kizuna, and Metal Slug...I knew that SVC was a boot while the other 2 were purchased unknowingly.

I also have the home cart even though I don't have a homesystem so I can be comfortable with the fact I own a boot.

If SVC ever comes out on MVS officially I will burn the one I have, and for the record I didn't order it from any of the known bootleggers even though it originated from Japhei.

I don't condone bootlegging in the least but there are some cases that are tolerable....this on the other hand is not.

I still say prove you care about the game and let us all have the rom. Hell I will even host it on 2 servers and write the MAME driver and Nebula dat file.

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
Decepticon said:
I'll admit what boots I have...SVC, Kizuna, and Metal Slug...I knew that SVC was a boot while the other 2 were purchased unknowingly.

I also have the home cart even though I don't have a homesystem so I can be comfortable with the fact I own a boot.

If SVC ever comes out on MVS officially I will burn the one I have, and for the record I didn't order it from any of the known bootleggers even though it originated from Japhei.

I don't condone bootlegging in the least but there are some cases that are tolerable....this on the other hand is not.

I still say prove you care about the game and let us all have the rom. Hell I will even host it on 2 servers and write the MAME driver and Nebula dat file.

So you bash others over boots but feed the bootleggers money yourself? You know what the word hypocrite means, do you? :oh_no:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
MeanBeanMachine said:
So you bash others over boots but feed the bootleggers money yourself? You know what the word hypocrite means, do you? :oh_no:

Again you didn't read where I said none of my purchases came directly from bootleggers....both are actually respected members of this site and I choose not to name them because one didn't know he had boots and the other I approached about buying it off of him.

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
You knowingly bought a bootleg. That's all there is to it. Without the demand created also by people like you there wouldn't be bootlegs. Don't cheat yourself, you are also responsible for the ongoing bootlegging. :shame:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
HPMan is not by himself. Chamane is his partner in crime.
He bought the proto.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
MeanBeanMachine said:
You knowingly bought a bootleg. That's all there is to it. Without the demand created also by people like you there wouldn't be bootlegs. Don't cheat yourself, you are also responsible for the ongoing bootlegging. :shame:

Actually the demand was created by SNKP and no I am not saying they "forced my hand"

I was the first to preorder the MVS kit when they first went on sale...2 months later I gave up hope and traded my pre order in on SSV, then ordered the homecart and a week or 2 later bought the boot.....I hate knowing I have a boot willingly but again I spent over $400 on this game so far so I think I have more than earned the right to play it on the medium of my chosing.

But again back on topic, asking $1000 for any boot at all is alot worse than someone buying a boot to sit next to their original.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
HPMan is not by himself. Chamane is his partner in crime.
He bought the proto.

Isn't Chamane the stupid ass who paid like $20G's for Euro Kizuna?

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
DangerousK said:
Isn't Chamane the stupid ass who paid like $20G's for Euro Kizuna?

One in the same...guess he had to get his money back somehow.

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
Decepticon said:
Actually the demand was created by SNKP and no I am not saying they "forced my hand"

I was the first to preorder the MVS kit when they first went on sale...2 months later I gave up hope and traded my pre order in on SSV, then ordered the homecart and a week or 2 later bought the boot.....I hate knowing I have a boot willingly but again I spent over $400 on this game so far so I think I have more than earned the right to play it on the medium of my chosing.

But again back on topic, asking $1000 for any boot at all is alot worse than someone buying a boot to sit next to their original.

MVS carts are not for homeuse anyway. if SNK/P decides to release a game in a given format it is not up to you to decide that if they don't release it on an MVS cart you have a right to bootleg it. Neither does it matter whether or not you bought the AES cart as you before filled the pockets of the bootleggers which means that they continue. You are a hypocrite. :oh_no:

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Decepticon said:
One in the same...guess he had to get his money back somehow.

Of course.

I hope he is having fun doing it.

But to me the real question is why would anyone be stupid enough to buy it?

It's not official.

It never will be official.

Have fun with your fake boot Ghostlop and lining some idiot's pockets.

Like it was said, this is like the French equivalent of NGF.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
MVS carts are not for homeuse anyway. if SNK/P decides to release a game in a given format it is not up to you to decide that if they don't release it on an MVS cart you have a right to bootleg it. Neither does it matter whether or not you bought the AES cart as you before filled the pockets of the bootleggers which means that they continue. You are a hypocrite.

Again never once did I line the pockets of any bootlegger. These were people I consider friends who had items for sale and I bought it after they lined the pockets of the bootleggers or the distributor lined the pockets.

And yes as a consumer I have a choice of what format I want to play, I am aware of MVS not being for home but again consumers run the market and SNKP turned their backs on every supporter of the format that has kept Neo Geo alive for so long.

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
MeanBeanMachine said:
MVS carts are not for homeuse anyway. if SNK/P decides to release a game in a given format it is not up to you to decide that if they don't release it on an MVS cart you have a right to bootleg it. Neither does it matter whether or not you bought the AES cart as you before filled the pockets of the bootleggers which means that they continue. You are a hypocrite. :oh_no:

Why are you turning this on Decepticon this is about GHOST LOP.
Stop trying to start shit:shame: :spock:

daz007

Morden's Lackey

This just sums it up for me. You castrate somebody for selling Ghostlop for 765 Euros because it is proffiting from a boot ( even though it was unreleased ) and yet you openly buy an SVC boot.

Buying an SVC is FAR FAR worse ( if indeed you are making comparisons ) because everybody knows there is no SVC MVS cart and therefore it HAS to be a boot. This in turn provides profit to the bootlegger either directly or indirectly.

The fact that two other members of this forum were involved or knew about just reinforces my earlier post that there are double standards on this forum.

If you really wanted SVC then it is only slightly more expensive to buy a cheap AES system and an AES cart and NOT fund the bootleggers.

Totally unbelievable !

Last edited:

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
Doesn't matter, you knowingly bought a bootleg and keep the foodchain going. Your preferred format not being available doesn't justify stealing. Bootlegs are illegal. You knowingly buying one is criminal.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
daz007 said:
This just sums it it for me. You castrate somebody for selling Ghostlop for 785 Euros because it is proffiting from a boot ( even though it was unreleased ) and yet you openly by an SVC boot.

Buying an SVC is FAR FAR worse ( if indeed you are making comparisons ) because everybody knows there is no SVC MVS cart and therefore it HAS to be a boot. This is in turn provides profit to the bootlegger either directly or indirectly.

The fact that two other members of this forum just reinforces my earlier post that there are double standards on this forum.

If you really wanted SVC then it is only slightly more to buy a cheap AES system and an AES cart and NOT fund the bootleggers.

Totally unbelievable !

:lol: :lol:

As opposed to a game THAT NEVER SAW THE LIGHT OF DAY!?

So it's worse to buy a legit game then buy the boot so you can play it than it is to buy a boot cart knowing what you paid for....god you make more sense than I bet you think.

/sarcasm off

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
KOF_FANATIK said:
Why are you turning this on Decepticon this is about GHOST LOP.
Stop trying to start shit:shame: :spock:

I'm annoyed that he, someone who knowingly buys bootlegs, bashes others over bootlegs and calls them a hypocrite while that makes him the biggest one around here.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
MeanBeanMachine said:
I'm annoyed that he, someone who knowingly buys bootlegs, bashes others over bootlegs and calls them a hypocrite while that makes him the biggest one around here.

There is a huge world of difference from buying a bootleg and making a bootleg and selling it for a large profit...I would expect that most people on these boards would see the difference.

MeanBeanMachine

Crazed MVS Addict
Decepticon said:
There is a huge world of difference from buying a bootleg and making a bootleg and selling it for a large profit...I would expect that most people on these boards would see the difference.

And I would expect that the majority here considers both them and you to be criminals. :shame:

scooby105

Kula's Candy
If you really wanted SVC then it is only slightly more to buy a cheap AES system and an AES cart and NOT fund the bootleggers.

there was no aes version out when most people bought the bootleg

get back on topic or start a new topic discussing this
i really dont feel like reading about svc

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
scooby105 said:
there was no aes version out when most people bought the bootleg

get back on topic or start a new topic discussing this
i really dont feel like reading about svc

So true...I will just ignore the ones that troll looking for flames and get back to the topic....give me teh rom :D

daz007

Morden's Lackey
turn the lights on!

So it's worse to buy a legit game then buy the boot so you can play it than it is to buy a boot cart knowing what you paid for....god you make more sense than I bet you think.

You've missed the point.

The proto ( ghost lop ) was never going to see the light of day and therefore 25 new people will now have the opportuntiy to play this.

My point is that you bought an SVC boot KNOWING it was a boot AND KNOWING there was an alternative in buying an AES and cart.

I actually think this makes perfect sense.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Re: tunr the lights on!

daz007 said:
You've missed the point.

The proto ( ghost lop ) was neer going to see the light of day and therefore 25 new people will now have.

My point is that you bought an SVC boot KNOWING it was a boot AND KNOWING there was an alternative in buying an AES and cart.

I actually think this makes perfect sense.

Ok well my last post on the matter...I am not going to buy a home system just to play SVC the few times that I Have played it. That is just as monopolistic as Microsoft's business practices...especially after the promise of an MVS cart release and it never coming out.

You have your opinion and I have mine, I hate that I have a boot but I know that I did what I could to justify it...
end of story
kiss my ass
thank you
have a good day.