Ghostlop homecarts etc...

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
ORPHEUS said:
All I know is that Ghostlop looks to be a very fun game. funy how I noticed the arkanoid style play elements as well. I also noticed some very catchy music, which is a big plus for me.
To me, ghostlop seems to be to puzzlers what NITD was to action games on the neo (which is a really good thing).
It is unfortunate that most of the people on this thread are bashing the title simply because of this homecart and the fact that they can't own one. regardless, I think we will all get a chance to give this game a spin as a rom dump seems inevitable.

I agree here... All I know is I want to play it...

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It is amazing fun (but there's no language option which is annoying coz both of my neo geo systems are Japanese), and I'm not too much of a puzzle game fan. Its really original and has deep game play (the ghost heads don't appear in random sequences much of the time - there are set patterns to the way these come down), too deep in my case. Anyway, the only thing I have ever enjoyed in video gaming terms are fighting games - reason for which neo geo is ichi ban with me.
I got it coz I was curious - I''m not anymore. Played, loved it, time to move on. If you like puzzle games this is one of the best you are going to play, probably ever. If you don't enjoy puzzle games, its atleast going to perplex you as to why this was never released in no shape or form.

But I'm of a mind that if this game where to be dumped it would be alright as all neo geo enthusiasts should get the opportunity to play it. Money has never been a real issue with neo geo collectors - games have retained their price even though emulation has made even the hardest to get games, available for everyone. This will not be the case with Ghostlop - it will certainly fall in price, but as I have said, money has never been an issue (even less if your dealing with unoficial software such as this - you know the risks).

There is no such thing as the neo geo elite. Just hardcore fans.
There's also a whole world out there, and its just not worth obsessing too much over these things. 'nuff said.

Ckd N Lkd

Smoking Gun!,
DevilRedeemed said:
you wish :D

anyway, you're an MVS collector, am I right? this game is for AES.

I have both:cool:

Oh well, if you ever get to the Chicago area feel free to come on over with it and we can play..:tickled:

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
I know some piece of dog shit in london bought a zintricks cart proto ..(his words) and he's presently working on making a few conversions to make a killing.See Mr Ranatunga's thread in unrelated for more details.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
rugal2000 said:
I know some piece of dog shit in london bought a zintricks cart proto ..(his words) and he's presently working on making a few conversions to make a killing.See Mr Ranatunga's thread in unrelated for more details.

Big Al?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
the price was aprox 1,000 dollars:loco:
it was actually part of pay for an AES game I traded over.
It is an awesome game as I say but I would not say I am a games collector. I was curious to see what this was like - that and the fact that I'm stupid with money. sometimes I wish I had never gotten into the neo geo:loco: :loco:

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
xtoo_short20x said:

Not sure to be honest but I'll find out.

The Zintrick I sold is still in my possession, the guy is struggling a bit to come up with the money although I do know him reasonably well.

Not going to drop his name here but I've known him for a while and would doubt he would pass Zintrick onto this idiot to duplicate as that would seriously drop the value of his buy.

Also, I have been told that this Zintrick is more or less impossible to copy. I know nothing about making conversions so I don't know if that's the case but it would explain why there were only a handful about. Or it could be that the few of us that own them don't want them to be spread around.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Big Al said:
Not sure to be honest but I'll find out.

The Zintrick I sold is still in my possession, the guy is struggling a bit to come up with the money although I do know him reasonably well.

Not going to drop his name here but I've known him for a while and would doubt he would pass Zintrick onto this idiot to duplicate as that would seriously drop the value of his buy.

Also, I have been told that this Zintrick is more or less impossible to copy. I know nothing about making conversions so I don't know if that's the case but it would explain why there were only a handful about. Or it could be that the few of us that own them don't want them to be spread around.

Zintrick has had a few neo home cart conversions made already.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Yeah but they were all made by the same person. To the best of my knowledge there were only something like 8 made and I have 2 of them sitting in front of me.

I was just saying that I was surprised no one had made more, ala this Ghost Lop situation.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh well, this is a bit off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning. I just got another "rare" Data East arcade game board, from 1992. It is...

Pocket Gal Deluxe.

This is not a proto, the game was actually released and I enjoyed it at the arcades many years ago. So what's so special about it? Well, this:

http://unmamed.mame.net/non_other90.html#PocketGalDeluxe

The game is not emulated, so very few people can enjoy this old game anymore. Here's some shots I just made:

The board:
pocketboard.jpg

The game:
pocket.jpg

And the rewards :loco:
hottie.jpg

Since I don't want to keep this game just for me, I'm now in the process of contacting MAME programmers/dumpers to see if it would be possible to have this board used to make MAME support it in the future.

OK, I know this can't be compared to Ghostlop, as this board was very cheap, there are more than one around (but I don't think that many), is not a Neo Geo game, and in fact this game is basically the same as Side Pocket, Pocket Gal and some other clones, that are emulated.

Thanks for your attention

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Big Al said:
I was just saying that I was surprised no one had made more, ala this Ghost Lop situation.

Because it was already officialy released on the neo cd and the game is not that desired. whereas ghost lop is a "lost" game (whicjh looks to be more interesting than zintrick).

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Since I don't want to keep this game just for me, I'm now in the process of contacting MAME programmers/dumpers to see if it would be possible to have this board used to make MAME support it in the future.

Don't bother...it's unemulated because it has an unknown encryption system, not because they can't find a board...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You are right, I just found this:

http://emustatus.rainemu.com/games/pktgaldlx.htm

No known emulation under development. The roms of my board will be dumped by the Guru. This game uses encryption that's making Mish unable to verify the identity of the main processor which is needed to ultimately emulate the game.
The Guru believes that the processor may be an encrypted MC68000, but this has yet to be confirmed. Even if this
happens, trying to find the opcodes & how it functions will be very difficult.

So I don't need to bother about this... :crying: A real shame.