Ghostlop homecarts etc...

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Since HPMAN is browsing this forum but not posting, I'll post for him!

07-minister.jpg

"You infidels got it wrong! The Ghostlop homecart is the real deal! It doesn't use any type of eproms, and it has the permission of its rights holders! No actual AES anim... (sorry, I meant cart) was harmed in the proces!"

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Decepticon said:
Under copyright law, if I game is abandoned by the developer then the developer must destroy all sources of game code..protos...whatever. After that anything that leaked out is considered open game pretty much.

What?! Who says? The property always belongs to the original creator/owner, just because they stop work on it doesn't make it free.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Amano Jacu said:
Since HPMAN is browsing this forum but not posting, I'll post for him!

07-minister.jpg

"You infidels got it wrong! The Ghostlop homecart is the real deal! It doesn't use any type of eproms, and it has the permission of its rights holders! No actual AES anim... (sorry, I meant cart) was harmed in the proces!"

07-minister.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
c.t.h said:
What?! Who says? The property always belongs to the original creator/owner, just because they stop work on it doesn't make it free.

I will find it, IIRC it was under the new DCMA amendment but I can be wrong.

SNKJorge

2 pages so far? No HPMan comments? Chamane?
Come on guys! :glee:

Shin Takuma

Kuroko's Training Dummy
What comments ?

He bought a proto, made 25 copies, sold them @ 765€ each and even put some resin on the chips to make any further copy impossible.

Maybe it's not legit, maybe it is... but it's still an interesting collector's item with a nice insert and even a manual...

France, right behind HK for bootlegs production.

SNKJorge

Shin Takuma said:
What comments ?

He bought a proto, made 25 copies, sold them @ 765€ each and even put some resin on the chips to make any further copy impossible.

Maybe it's not legit, maybe it is... but it's still an interesting collector's item with a nice insert and even a manual...

France, right behind HK for bootlegs production.

A collectors' item?

Give me a fucking break :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The actual proto might be it, but no those fucking fancy
looking boots. A bitch is a bitch, a boot is a FUCKING boot.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
hpman

maybe he might want to tell us about slug 1.......

Shin Takuma

Kuroko's Training Dummy
xtoo_short20x said:
a boot is a FUCKING boot.

Yeah, right, but a nice looking and rare one.

One of the few (if not the only one) NeoGeo game who has not been dumped yet...and according to the bootlegers, it should never :loco:

It the price was not so high, it would be delighted to have a US copy on my shelf.

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
Shin Takuma said:
Yeah, right, but a nice looking and rare one.

One of the few (if not the only one) NeoGeo game who has not been dumped yet...and according to the bootlegers, it should never :loco:

It the price was not so high, it would be delighted to have a US copy on my shelf.

Well you go out and spend the money on it but if HPMAN really cared about the "Neo scene" as much as he was wanting to make a quick buck he would have actually released the rom for the gamers or kept the game to himself.

Instead he shows what he truly cares about and pushed his credibility over the cliff in the process.

That is truly no different than NGF, just a different accent.

HPMAN

UI resident
c.t.h said:
Isn't it kind of hypocritical for HPman to be on arcades back for bootleg puzzle bobble conversions and sac's when he aided with this? o_O

Actually this has already been discussed, I don't feel hypocrit about this, I think you missed my point back at the time.

Nobody has been FOOLED here, everyone getting this know straight from the start what's involved in it.
- I don't swear to god my carts are done with original parts, even after being proven wrong (PB anyone ?).
- I don't build a market by claiming I'm not saccing carts, while I do it for every conversion/phantom being produced.

People know it's a repro/boot, call it what you feel like, then they decide if they're interested into it or not.

I think KNOWING what you get makes a big difference here, people who got the cart are very happy with it, despite all you can say.

As for NGF I don't remember them releasing a proto. And actually some people complain about it. Go figure, whatever you do, you won't please everyone.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
HPMAN said:
Actually this has already been discussed, I don't feel hypocrit about this, I think you missed my point back at the time.

Nobody has been FOOLED here, everyone getting this know straight from the start what's involved in it.
- I don't swear to god my carts are done with original parts, even after being proven wrong (PB anyone ?).
- I don't build a market by claiming I'm not saccing carts, while I do it for every conversion/phantom being produced.

People know it's a repro/boot, call it what you feel like, then they decide if they're interested into it or not.

I think KNOWING what you get makes a big difference here, people who got the cart are very happy with it, despite all you can say.

As for NGF I don't remember them releasing a proto. And actually some people complain about it. Go figure, whatever you do, you won't please everyone.

HPMAN,

Is it true that the cart was only offered to people on an individual basis? By time I found out about it, they had already been available for months and I had never seen a picture of one till I saw it on Ebay. Out of curiosity, which is the correct price as I am in the US:

765 Euro = $962 USD

or

765 GBP = $1,372 USD

Phillip

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Bulletnyourass said:
HPMAN,

Is it true that the cart was only offered to people on an individual basis? By time I found out about it, they had already been available for months and I had never seen a picture of one till I saw it on Ebay. Out of curiosity, which is the correct price as I am in the US:

765 Euro = $962 USD

or

765 GBP = $1,372 USD

Phillip

The price offered was 765 Euro = $962 USD...

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Heh, ok.

But I think this was a bad idea - Playmore has been cracking down hard on stuff like this, and if they have the rights to this game/know who does, I would be worried if I were you.

If this game ever gets an official homecart release, I will laugh sooo hard.

What really bothers me is the 1000 price tag - if you just wanted the game to be available, fine. But charging a ridiculous amount, then only making 25 copies to make it exclusive just seems like profiting off another persons work to me (data east). I mean, are you even going to release the roms publicly? You've already made your initial investment back.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
T_Smallz said:
The price offered was 765 Euro = $962 USD...

T_Smallz,

Thanks for the info. I tried to decipher what little (and I do mean little) French I could off of www.neogeofans.com . Only because I had grown too lazy to keep copying and pasting to the translator.

By the way, were you able to get yourself a P&N kit yet? If not, Shiftyfink is getting some. You may want to contact him.

Phillip

bulletnyourass

noble trader
c.t.h said:
Heh, ok.

But I think this was a bad idea - Playmore has been cracking down hard on stuff like this, and if they have the rights to this game/know who does, I would be worried if I were you.

If this game every gets an official homecart release, I will laugh sooo hard.

cth,

I lost your web address to your site. Could you post it here or send me a pm please. Thanks.

Phillip

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Bulletnyourass said:
cth,

I lost your web address to your site. Could you post it here or send me a pm please. Thanks.

Phillip

crazearcade.com

HPMAN

UI resident
c.t.h said:
What really bothers me is the 1000 price tag

We're not asking $1000n, we're asking €765.

Not my fault if $ sucks nowadays against €.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
HPMAN said:

Still seems rather excessive to me.

But whatever, I really don't care - I don't want the game, I just don't like how you did this 'Release"

daz007

Morden's Lackey
I dont actually see the problem here. Everything has been open and upfront and the fact remains that CUSTOMERS will determine if the price is excessive by refusing to buy , however we all know that this will not happen and there will in fact be more than enough buyers for this regardless of the price.

I think the reason this has not been shouted about before on this forum or should I say kept discreet is because of the expected reaction.

I say good luck to you HPman. You were the person who had to take the ' risk' in the first place by buying the proto.

Just to digress slightly there is definately double standards on this forum. For example, how many people dislike Dion and Chris for what they did ( rightly so ) yet it is also members on this board that will snap up items for sale that Chris may post, latest examples being a collection of NGF mags and music CD's.

Cheers

daz

Decepticon

Mizuki's Demon
HPMAN said:

So then what about the rom? If it's not totally about money then I am sure you would be more than generous to provide the rom to us because you have more than made your money back.

How about proving that this is all about providing the game to people rather than the almighty €

Whoever bought it is a dumbfuck.

Eventually the romz will be out, if you think there is only one Ghostlop prototype in the world think again, anyone with a eeprom burner, a bunch of eeproms and some boards will be able to produce a cart exectly like this one.

and the final price would be something below 80usd.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
So what is it exactly that lets people like this get off on owning this stuff? Not only that but about the whole "Ive got the proto and no one else can have it." bullshit. Are there actually people who'll look up to people like this? Respect them? Worship them? Not that I'm interested in any of these bootlegs, I'm just wondering what's so great about being a Neo Geo Nazi, or the "Elite." Because personally I couldn't give a shit who they are, they're still assholes making bootleg games. Where's the thread praising Japhei for bringing us new MVS games for cheaper than official (and I certainly don't condone that asshole.)