GCW Zero - new retrogaming handheld looks great

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
They should make another stretch goal for 225k, one day to go, could happen.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm officially in. After talking more with my friend Sid and watching more of the videos on what this thing can run has me even more excited. Since it can run the CPS-3 does that mean it can run Naomi/Dreamcast games? Even if it can't there's more then enough to tide me over with it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What color is everyone choosing? I love white but only if it's a gloss white.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Black. Must resist the iCopy revolution.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I prefer black, but am on board for white if it's the only one available. Just went in on this. I hope we get them promptly, because I am clamoring for this. I'd love to free up the space on my PSP memory stick to stick my PSX library on.

I'm so happy all the stretch goals were met. I had a feeling this thing would hit hard the last few days as people scrounged for cash to buy it.

ronald0

Crazed MVS Addict
I prefer black, but am on board for white if it's the only one available. Just went in on this. I hope we get them promptly, because I am clamoring for this. I'd love to free up the space on my PSP memory stick to stick my PSX library on.

I'm so happy all the stretch goals were met. I had a feeling this thing would hit hard the last few days as people scrounged for cash to buy it.

I'm also happy that the Kickstarter worked out so well! According to a post by the team or the founder, the console will ship in late march and no delays are expected.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I just threw down and pledged.

When do you get to select colour or did I miss that entirely during the ordering excitement?

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I just threw down and pledged.

When do you get to select colour or did I miss that entirely during the ordering excitement?

After the kickstarter ends, you will be debited the money and at some point after that you'll get a survey that with applicable choices. (Not always right after the end of the kickstarter drive though). So sometime before they ship essentially.

Mike26

McWow,
I'm thinking white for me. But if black is all that's available I'll go for that color.

I'm psyched for the possibilities with this system, just needs to get in the hands of users so we can build a solid community withsetup resource guides and preconfigured emus setup to maximize compatibility etc. I assume the home base forums for the device will be dingoonity where it currently is...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I doubt they'll make 15 grand in less then an hour, but that was a damn good run. Everybody else I know has a portable console for other games, so I really hope this one shapes up to be a good one. After watching a lot of videos online it gets most things right, but as others have said most of the programs running on it are early so we'll have to wait and see how people can work with this.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The software is the key with this device. As some noobs have stated that the NGX is superior, I'm guessing they didn't realize that the GCW and the NGX both share the same CPU and GPU, the GCW has double the RAM of the NGX and 14gb more internal storage.

BUT the biggest difference is the software. Since this device will have tons of support, only goods things can happen. At least March isn't that far away.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
And keep in mind, all the GCW emulators you see on youtube are re-compiled versions of the previous dingoo ones. So yes, it's still early, but it's not very far from tweaking those emulators to better utilize the hardware of the GCW.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn, I don't check kickstarter for a day and this happens! Happy to take a screen protector, but it would have been really badass to get the micro SD card. Oh well.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
After the kickstarter ends, you will be debited the money and at some point after that you'll get a survey that with applicable choices. (Not always right after the end of the kickstarter drive though). So sometime before they ship essentially.

Thanks for that, appreciate the help.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Moon Jump, seriously?

If you can't find what you're asking for using google, then I don't know what to say. It's dead easy, and always has been. Not to mention that you're asking to be banned for rom begging.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler

New video from Q*Bert showing off a program that runs an analog mouse support and SCUMMVM running Day of The Tentacle.