Gamesack Neo-Geo aes&mvs Episode

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Well again, that's the problem with trying to make a living off of YouTube.

I could see getting burned out on doing weekly episodes. I don't think they fully knew the toll it would take on them. Games are fun, but when you have deadlines...well, you've seen the episodes they've put out lately.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
gs.jpg

With episodes like this, I'm surprised they haven't been more popular.

pegboy

Armored Scrum Object
These guys made a few mildly amusing videos but when they started having "release schedules" and deadlines and pretend it's a real career is when the show starts to suck.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
These guys made a few mildly amusing videos but when they started having "release schedules" and deadlines and pretend it's a real career is when the show starts to suck.

I think you can say that about most YouTube channels. When they're done for fun, it shows in the end product. When it starts to feel like work to the content creator, it starts to feel like work to the viewer as well.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think the dudes from My Life In Gaming release quality videos, especially all they've done with explaining RGB and the tools to get the best out of your consoles. No pretension, just solid information.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I think the dudes from My Life In Gaming release quality videos, especially all they've done with explaining RGB and the tools to get the best out of your consoles. No pretension, just solid information.

Completely agree. Their whole "RGB 101" series has been stellar. They're great guys, as well.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Completely agree. Their whole "RGB 101" series has been stellar. They're great guys, as well.

Those videos opened my mind to the importance of utilising the intricate settings of the Framemeister, as well as teaching me about different applications of composite and sync. There is a reason why Solaris imbedded their XRGB video.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Spoiler:
I am tired of monetized game channels who will just cover anything that they didn't even have a history with or weren't a true part of. Last thing we need is more fucking noobs knocking down the doors. It'd be like a orgy of destruction with the noobs and resellers.

Retro gaming prices are completely fucked up to. Nonsensical price increases, probably from hipster trash mostly, along with reseller greed and price trending. Honestly, Ebay is to blame almost solely for increased prices due to the idiocy in referencing. Years ago I was bitching about Soul Blazer being to much at 40$. It still is to much at 40$, as they made tons of this game. Now it's like 89$? WTF. I hate how gaming went the same way as the toy collector shit. I don't know if this market will just bubble like people keep saying. This isn't something like inflation, where tons of these games are being printed. It is the perfect target for price increases.

People for this bubble that will burst mindset are not looking how the technology we have today can make things much worse. It is always in the back of someones mind to check. They see a copy of demon's crest for 5$, check ebay, say 'omg, score, I can resell this high'. That same person will check EVERY game always. This keeps the market going and never in the gamers favor, and as ebay is crazy all around, it is the goose's gander. I'd love to see a crash, but when? Japan has been scraped clean from reports. Even lukemorse doesn't bother filming checking those shops anymore, because he probably feels it's not worth bothering.

You wanna know how stupid it has gotten? I am a thrift store person. I love these places. I've scraped thousands of dollars of treasures from them. My recent acquisition is a 1740's Faience beer stein for 6.99$. Gold and silver jewelry at great prices. Let's just say I know my shit. So on a rare occasion a pile of snes games shows up. So the recent score I check out, and low and behold a boxed snes game is like 39$ or so. AT A THRIFT STORE. The set up for a loose cart was like 5$ prior. Combine easy smart phone ebay referencing, and you have a situation that is no fun for the hunt at all. It's just becoming a bummer. I've even seen a ebay reference on a thrift store item. That has its place in antique shops because those are designed for stupid suckers anyway, but c'mon, a thrift store? Fuck that, they get that stuff free.

Youtuber fueled by monetized channel, and thinking of anything game related to talk about> Ignorant new gamer who saw 'etc' youtube video propaganda> Ebay pricing> Ebay price referencing off of BIN's nobody is buying... Even true referencing hurts now> ebay price trending to keep prices steadily increasing> Greedy resellers> Scumbag joints like games4less> $$$$^

This set up is the perfect trickle down to make anything suck.
It's the truth but...

5hwd5qF.gif