Gamesack Neo-Geo aes&mvs Episode

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
obscurity is life.

jemhadar02.jpg

The opinions of their show here seem to range from neutral to negative. I've watched all their episodes. I do not think they have a great show or even decent jokes. I also would agree with points about their statements about games getting repetitive with the same vague language used a lot.

I wouldn't agree that what they do is bad though. I enjoy to watch their episodes even if the funny parts are when their banter is so bad you are laughing at them and not with them. I am not watching them to learn, but usually to just pass the time. Especially when I can't sleep but I'm too tired to play games.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Awkward intro

I really love Sega, but I really love Nintendo!

Here's some games, they have okay graphics but decent music

We're wearing some game t-shirts

And scene.

havok666

n00b
These guys are robots.

"This is a great game"

"I really like the graphics of this one"

"The music is fantastic"

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
One thing I do like about Game Sack is the production value - particularly the game captures. Joe seems to be a real nut for getting the best image, which I appreciate.

I can agree that the show has become (or always was) formulaic, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I did notice a drop in quality when they went weekly. I used to be excited when a new Game Sack episode appeared, but now I don't immediately jump on it. I'll still give it a watch, and enjoy.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
One thing I do like about Game Sack is the production value - particularly the game captures. Joe seems to be a real nut for getting the best image, which I appreciate.

I can agree that the show has become (or always was) formulaic, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I did notice a drop in quality when they went weekly. I used to be excited when a new Game Sack episode appeared, but now I don't immediately jump on it. I'll still give it a watch, and enjoy.

I believe Joe is a video editor irl, so that makes a lot more sense. You're right though, it is formulaic in it's structure. This has always been the case, but it seems like they are really running out of things to say about games. It's all starting to run a bit together in their reviews...just my opinion though.

I do have a lot of respect for anyone who puts themselves out there like this. I think there are a few people on the forum who have channels...

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
In their most recent episode, Joe openly admits that he does not know much about or even like wrestling games, yet there they are, covering wrestling games. And the selection they went over was piss poor. If you are not knowledgeable about or even like a certain genre, why cover it except to pump out more shows about anything?

I liked this show at first, but it seems like it is becoming too saturated now.

Ghudda

New Challenger
The series does seem a bit over saturated now. I think the main reason why I watch them is because they're just likeable dudes. I agree with the fact that a lot of their overviews are lacking valuable information on each game, and realistically they probably don't spend a ton of time on each title, but the richness of footage and game play keeps me entertained. It introduces me to, and sparks an interest for games I hadn't heard of before, so that's pretty cool. I think quality is important here, and there is far too much senseless, lazy video game "review" content on the internet at the moment, so that's pretty inexcusable.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks like they've hit burnout and are taking a break. It also looks like they'll be going back to a bi-weekly format when they return. This was posted on their Facebook page.

Game Sack is going on hiatus. We do have another episode coming up in two weeks but then after that we don't know when the next one will be. And no, there's no internal struggle or anything like that going on. Everyone is getting along fine and dandy and there's no conflicts. However come April the show will be 5 years old. We've been doing this pretty much nonstop regularly since April of 2011. No breaks. Even when there were obligations in real life we kept going through with Game Sack. TV shows get seasons and nobody minds. You take breaks on Youtube and people lose interest, subscribers diminish and people become angry. Don't get us wrong, we love making the show for everyone and it is constantly on our minds. The show has also been dying. It's been rapidly declining in views and I think people are perhaps getting a little too much "Sack". We think the best thing to do when we come back might be to go bi-weekly again.

We let our Patreon supporters know first about this yesterday since they actually fund part of the show. That way they could also decide if they want to change or delete their pledges.

Also we wanted to let you know that we won't be attending any conventions in 2016. This was a decision we made during the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in 2015. While we love meeting you all, it's just really hard for us to go on these trips because it's stressful and it interferes with the production of the show.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That's the problem with trying to do YouTube full-time. I upload new episodes when I feel like it, because at the end of the day I don't need to do it at all.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Current top comment on the facebook post:

Matt Nicolaïdis If I were to give feedback, yeah, the show feels really stale. It's predictable at this point, and I feel like you guys are having to dig deeper and deeper into mediocre games just to pad out episodes. I'd love to see episodes that focus more on the hardware, the shit under the hood of the console, and more technical details on how games achieve certain graphical effects and such. That's always what made your show unique.

I tend to agree with this guy. I really enjoyed Game Sack, but lately it's been pretty boring.

Omerta

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm kinda surprised that anyone actually noticed they're going to be gone.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Current top comment on the facebook post: Matt Nicolaïdis If I were to give feedback, yeah, the show feels really stale. It's predictable at this point, and I feel like you guys are having to dig deeper and deeper into mediocre games just to pad out episodes. I'd love to see episodes that focus more on the hardware, the shit under the hood of the console, and more technical details on how games achieve certain graphical effects and such. That's always what made your show unique.

I tend to agree with this guy. I really enjoyed Game Sack, but lately it's been pretty boring.

I don't think "mediocre" games are the problem. I'm sure this guy is a sad sack himself though!

EDIT: Maybe one of the hosts can get a job as the new ball zack brat. hahaha

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Looks like they've hit burnout and are taking a break. It also looks like they'll be going back to a bi-weekly format when they return. This was posted on their Facebook page.
Good every week for them wasn't the best period.The quality went really down when it was weekly,bi-weekly gives them the time they need.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I am tired of monetized game channels who will just cover anything that they didn't even have a history with or weren't a true part of. Last thing we need is more fucking noobs knocking down the doors. It'd be like a orgy of destruction with the noobs and resellers.

Retro gaming prices are completely fucked up to. Nonsensical price increases, probably from hipster trash mostly, along with reseller greed and price trending. Honestly, Ebay is to blame almost solely for increased prices due to the idiocy in referencing. Years ago I was bitching about Soul Blazer being to much at 40$. It still is to much at 40$, as they made tons of this game. Now it's like 89$? WTF. I hate how gaming went the same way as the toy collector shit. I don't know if this market will just bubble like people keep saying. This isn't something like inflation, where tons of these games are being printed. It is the perfect target for price increases.

People for this bubble that will burst mindset are not looking how the technology we have today can make things much worse. It is always in the back of someones mind to check. They see a copy of demon's crest for 5$, check ebay, say 'omg, score, I can resell this high'. That same person will check EVERY game always. This keeps the market going and never in the gamers favor, and as ebay is crazy all around, it is the goose's gander. I'd love to see a crash, but when? Japan has been scraped clean from reports. Even lukemorse doesn't bother filming checking those shops anymore, because he probably feels it's not worth bothering.

You wanna know how stupid it has gotten? I am a thrift store person. I love these places. I've scraped thousands of dollars of treasures from them. My recent acquisition is a 1740's Faience beer stein for 6.99$. Gold and silver jewelry at great prices. Let's just say I know my shit. So on a rare occasion a pile of snes games shows up. So the recent score I check out, and low and behold a boxed snes game is like 39$ or so. AT A THRIFT STORE. The set up for a loose cart was like 5$ prior. Combine easy smart phone ebay referencing, and you have a situation that is no fun for the hunt at all. It's just becoming a bummer. I've even seen a ebay reference on a thrift store item. That has its place in antique shops because those are designed for stupid suckers anyway, but c'mon, a thrift store? Fuck that, they get that stuff free.

Youtuber fueled by monetized channel, and thinking of anything game related to talk about> Ignorant new gamer who saw 'etc' youtube video propaganda> Ebay pricing> Ebay price referencing off of BIN's nobody is buying... Even true referencing hurts now> ebay price trending to keep prices steadily increasing> Greedy resellers> Scumbag joints like games4less> $$$$^

This set up is the perfect trickle down to make anything suck.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What a bunch of babies. So let me get this straight... they're taking a break from the shows, but they are also not going to conventions this year because it interferes with the filming of their shows? Wait wut?

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Eventually global markets are going to crash and people won't have disposable income to spend on games. This is the only way things will normalize but it will be back to this again once the money is back. There are a finite amount of these games, but the question is will the people that care about them as we get older and older increase or decrease.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
What a bunch of babies. So let me get this straight... they're taking a break from the shows, but they are also not going to conventions this year because it interferes with the filming of their shows? Wait wut?

The excuse about the conventions is kinda lame. Real reason = waifus and kids...most likely.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I guess I don't understand why they need to have a legitimate reason to take a break from the show, or to stop going to conventions. "We don't feel like it" is all the explanation we're entitled to, quite frankly.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I guess I don't understand why they need to have a legitimate reason to take a break from the show, or to stop going to conventions. "We don't feel like it" is all the explanation we're entitled to, quite frankly.

To try and drum up fan support again would be my guess