Game scalper horror stories?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This is a drop thread for people to rant about nonsense mark ups, idiotic stores over charging for games, and over all shitty scalper attitudes.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
d6799cfc1638579136bb7a4e0a69376a.png

For a Gowcaizer cart.

/drops mic

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I actually decided against selling it. I am not a reseller though, I originally needed to sell that because of a debt situation that was becoming really stressful, and that game is rare as hell and never pops up in US format. I only really needed like maybe 3k'ish though, so it's a good criticism I guess. Yeah, it is a zinger though, good shit, haha.

Thread still stands.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I actually decided against selling it. I am not a reseller though, I originally needed to sell that because of a debt situation that was becoming really stressful, and that game is rare as hell and never pops up in US format. I only really needed like maybe 3k'ish though, so it's a good criticism I guess. Yeah, it is a zinger though, good shit, haha.

Thread still stands.
yea but u just got wrecked

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I will say that without a doubt Gamestop is prolly the worst of the bunch. Back when I worked there they would give you chump change for games and then immediately sell for 3-5 dollars less than new. Mostly to try and get you to subscribe to their "rewards" card. Such a scam. Haven't stepped foot in one in over 10 years.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Gowcaizer really is a piece of shit. Would anyone blame me if I sold it to the french though? I feel like that is a karmic balance. The most bizarre thing though is I've never sold anything here for the 15+ years on this site. I've never sold on ebay either. In retrospect I'm very happy I kept em all. My gowcaizer price was absolutely nuts, but I assure everyone I am not a reseller.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's ok, nobody is giving you grief, it was just hilarious. Carry on.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I will say that without a doubt Gamestop is prolly the worst of the bunch. Back when I worked there they would give you chump change for games and then immediately sell for 3-5 dollars less than new. Mostly to try and get you to subscribe to their "rewards" card. Such a scam. Haven't stepped foot in one in over 10 years.

I remember when working there that someone bought the deluxe edition of Madden '09. He hated it and traded it in. We gave him $5 for it and sold it for $55.