Fucking Ebay Retards!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
lithy said:
You're a weirdo.

No I'm not. It's called networking. It doesn't matter how or where it's done, it's still valid.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
No I'm not. It's called networking. It doesn't matter how or where it's done, it's still valid.

Craigslist personals?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Craigslist personals?

Craigslist is horseshit for selling games. It's all rednecks that sell/want sports games and greatest hits crap. Plus people don't follow through on there. Ebay is where it's at - even if they have to take their little cut. If you list it on ebay without reserves and start it low, 90% of the time you will get what things are worth.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
NeoDragoN said:
All i can say then is you guys are some price gouging fuckers!

If anyone charges 3 times more postage than it costs and thinks that it covers the so called "handling" is a complete fucktard.

If the extra costs involved in getting the item ready for shipping are three times the actual postage paid, then it's reasonable. If you don't like it, then buy somewhere else. You were comfortable with the 6 shipping when you paid for it; what's so different now?

And as far as eBay/PayPal fees go: there's an eBay policy stating that you can't state in the auction description that you will charge extra for eBay/PayPal fees. Why is this? Even if you make the buyer cover the costs, eBay will still make it's money. It's because all of the buyers would get pissed that eBay is charging so much, and no one would use it or PayPal. When it's the seller getting fucked in the ass, who cares? They're making money off of NOTHING. They don't have to do a goddamn thing for you to list your item. I could understand a yearly membership fee, but what they charge for arbitrary SHIT is ridiculous. Minimum 0.40 listing fee + 0.35 gallery + final value fee + PayPal fee = >$2 in most cases, on an item you only sold for $10 shipped. That's fucking rape, and it's not fair to bitch out a seller for trying to reimburse themselves from it.

I don't know what your profit margins are, but I have to be a real tightass to make any money. It used to be all peaches and cream, but then they started jacking up the listing fees and the PayPal fees, and the postage rate went up, and shit's just more expensive these days overall. If I'm not careful, I could lose a shitload of money on stuff I got to make a profit. Excuse me for having a frugal business plan; it works, and it keeps me in business. Again, I'm not here to lick the buyers' balls. I'm here to make money. If you don't like the shipping charge, THEN DON'T FUCKING BID IN THE FIRST PLACE. Buyers like you are the worst kind.

ObeyGeo

Crazed MVS Addict
...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

a fill in the blanks exercise for those who don't understand sellers fees on E-bay.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
ObeyGeo said:
...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

...and HANDLING

a fill in the blanks exercise for those who don't understand sellers fees on E-bay.

Amen to that. What I've been trying to tell these retards the whole damn thread.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Damn - I saw the thread title and I thought it was about having sex with retarded people you can buy from ebay!

Oh well.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
KanYozakura said:
If the extra costs involved in getting the item ready for shipping are three times the actual postage paid, then it's reasonable. If you don't like it, then buy somewhere else. You were comfortable with the 6 shipping when you paid for it; what's so different now?

And as far as eBay/PayPal fees go: there's an eBay policy stating that you can't state in the auction description that you will charge extra for eBay/PayPal fees. Why is this? Even if you make the buyer cover the costs, eBay will still make it's money. It's because all of the buyers would get pissed that eBay is charging so much, and no one would use it or PayPal. When it's the seller getting fucked in the ass, who cares? They're making money off of NOTHING. They don't have to do a goddamn thing for you to list your item. I could understand a yearly membership fee, but what they charge for arbitrary SHIT is ridiculous. Minimum 0.40 listing fee + 0.35 gallery + final value fee + PayPal fee = >$2 in most cases, on an item you only sold for $10 shipped. That's fucking rape, and it's not fair to bitch out a seller for trying to reimburse themselves from it.

I don't know what your profit margins are, but I have to be a real tightass to make any money. It used to be all peaches and cream, but then they started jacking up the listing fees and the PayPal fees, and the postage rate went up, and shit's just more expensive these days overall. If I'm not careful, I could lose a shitload of money on stuff I got to make a profit. Excuse me for having a frugal business plan; it works, and it keeps me in business. Again, I'm not here to lick the buyers' balls. I'm here to make money. If you don't like the shipping charge, THEN DON'T FUCKING BID IN THE FIRST PLACE. Buyers like you are the worst kind.

If you put it on ebay, it will sell though, that is, if you're prudent and don't put a high reserve or starting bid on it. Not so if you put things on the boards, Craigslist, or grocery store bulletin boards. They may take their little cut, but think of it this way: if you ran a store, you'd have to pay rent, electricity, utilities, all the other stuff, and you're committed to constantly doing it. With ebay, you have the convenience of selling how much or how little you want when you want. There's probably a point of diminishing returns where you're better off having a store, but for everybody else, there's ebay. Unless you're extremely high volume, ebay is just a good place to make a few bucks or get rid of shit anyway.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
What do you guys think about international auctions? I try to sell to as many people as possible, so I allow them. Shipping is kinda dicey with them though; Cheap shipping doesn't allow tracking or insurance, and it's expensive if they want that stuff. Seems like kind of a hassle. I only take paypal for international auctions.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
What do you guys think about international auctions? I try to sell to as many people as possible, so I allow them. Shipping is kinda dicey with them though; Cheap shipping doesn't allow tracking or insurance, and it's expensive if they want that stuff. Seems like kind of a hassle. I only take paypal for international auctions.

Why not Cash/Money Orders?

I've never had a problem getting money orders from Canada....

People in Taiwain, Turkey and France have always sent me nice crisp $20 Bills.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Why not Cash/Money Orders?

I've never had a problem getting money orders from Canada....

People in Taiwain, Turkey and France have always sent me nice crisp $20 Bills.

Cash can get easily lost/stolen in the mail. I have to go to the bank to cash money orders, (or bank checks) and uh.. Well, let's just say it's VERY inconvenient for me to go to the bank.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
Cash can get easily lost/stolen in the mail. I have to go to the bank to cash money orders, (or bank checks) and uh.. Well, let's just say it's VERY inconvenient for me to go to the bank.

Never had a problem with people sending cash.

Re: Money orders.... Your bank doesn't have an ATM near/on your way to work?

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
norton9478 said:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It's a long, boring story, but let's just put it this way - going to a bank is out of the question for me during the week, and deposit via ATM wouldn't work. What if the bank wouldn't take the money order? (It's happened to me). Then if I sent the package to somebody, I'd be left holding the bag.

Oh well, at least the post office is 5 min. away. I feel sorry for you poor slobs who have to drive to Abu Dhabi through traffic way across town.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
It's a long, boring story, but let's just put it this way - going to a bank is out of the question for me during the week, and deposit via ATM wouldn't work. What if the bank wouldn't take the money order? (It's happened to me). Then if I sent the package to somebody, I'd be left holding the bag.

Oh well, at least the post office is 5 min. away. I feel sorry for you poor slobs who have to drive to Abu Dhabi through traffic way across town.

Ahh, I have a bank branch office and a post office at my work.... But I almost never ship from here.... Too many potential problems.

PS:
I thought you were one of those coockos who put your money under the mattress

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
PS:
I thought you were one of those coockos who put your money under the mattress

No, most of my cash goes in cigar boxes in a shed. And I NEVER use checks or credit cards either.. I don't want "them" to know what I've been doing or where I've been.:loco:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Never had a problem with people sending cash.

Tried listing cash as a payment on ebay, and a ! message comes up that basically says "we can cancel your account if you offer cash as a payment, because we're ebay, we're greedy, and we wouldn't get our little cut (Paypal fees) then."

On the subject of the bay, look at this shit -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260160956604&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Is this guy hacking it or something? why would someone only bid against themselves, and the price wouldn't go up? I've messaged ebay, but contacting them is like cutting through a government burearcracy.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
GregN. said:
Tried listing cash as a payment on ebay, and a ! message comes up that basically says "we can cancel your account if you offer cash as a payment, because we're ebay, we're greedy, and we wouldn't get our little cut (Paypal fees) then."

On the subject of the bay, look at this shit -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=260160956604&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=016

Is this guy hacking it or something? why would someone only bid against themselves, and the price wouldn't go up? I've messaged ebay, but contacting them is like cutting through a government burearcracy.

He's just raising his maximun bid. Thats how it looks now.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Aparently, theese peepole weren't english major

Ebay retard #1 said:
well the game is for my friend i bought it off of ebay for him since he dont have an account so i will go with him today tog et the money order fi he didnt get it yet when i getoff work and send it out tom n u should have it by friday is that ok

Oh well said:
good merchendise Buyer:
thingeddie ( 78)
Sep-27-07 16:16
Double Dragon 2 (Mega Drive) JP Import Genesis NR! (#260155568378)

POOPERSCOOPER

Zero's Secretary
Shipping and handling is what the post office is doing you cocksucker. Just because you find it hard to put a game in a box with your fat greasy hands doesn't mean you should charge for it.