Fucking Ebay Retards!

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Get this i receive an item which he charged me £6 postage for but it only cost him 2 quid to send, so i leave him POSITIVE feedback saying "fast deliver but overcharged on delivery costs, otherwise fine"

He then leaves me NEUTRAL feedback saying "left me a positive feedback but also had ago at me. not to happy about feedback"

Not to happy about fucking positive feedback?!?!

i swear to god these fucking retards test me!

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The shipper is right on this one.

If it stated that it was 6 gbp when you bid then there shouldn't be a problem.

That price doesn't include just the postage, it's called shipping & handling and is meant to compensate the shipper for all costs incurred by the shipper for maling your item including packaging and time and money for taking it to the post office

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If you were so concerned about the overcharged shipping you should have left a neutral in the first place. I wouldn't have liked that negative-slanted positive feedback either.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
lithy said:

That price doesn't include just the postage, it's called shipping & handling and is meant to compensate the shipper for all costs incurred by the shipper for maling your item including packaging and time and money for taking it to the post office

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
I'm not complaining about him overcharging me on shipping ( if i wanted to do that i would have negged him in the first place ) its the fact that he has left me neutral feedback in response to my feedback instead of giving me feedback judged on the transaction.

I didn't leave a neutral or a neg because i don't want a neg back, so i left him a positive but still highlighting the problem!

Edit : and by the way i paid £35 for the items i expect for the £4 "handling" charge lithy suggests that they'd be at least wrapped ans secure in the box not thrown in with a piece of scrunched up newspaper...

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
lithy said:

quote quote..

exactly right. Not all shippers are honest about costs, but if they give it up front...you know what yur gettin into...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Both of you are right. I believe it is fair and equitable to pass some of the costs on the buyer - that's how business does it -

But people that charge $10 for shipping something that cost them $2 to ship is ridiculous. I can see up to 6-7 to cover the time to mail, the cost of shipping materials, and partial cover of ebay and paypal fees. Anything more is greed-mongering and unfair.

Nakoruru

Zero's Tailor
GregN. said:
Both of you are right. I believe it is fair and equitable to pass some of the costs on the buyer - that's how business does it -

But people that charge $10 for shipping something that cost them $2 to ship is ridiculous. I can see up to 6-7 to cover the time to mail, the cost of shipping materials, and partial cover of ebay and paypal fees. Anything more is greed-mongering and unfair.

Then why bid? Personally yes, I find it rediculous and it angers me when I see auctions with $25 cost for shipping when I damn well know it only costs like $5. But I take shipping into account when I compute the total amount I am willing to bid, so I see no problem with it. If you don't want to pay that much shipping or you think it is retarded the seller is doing that, simply don't give them your business.

@ NeoDragoN, I believe you are at fault here. Yes it sucks that he left you neutral feedback after you left positive feedback. If you had a problem with the poor packaging, I would have noted that instead of saying that he "overcharged" you. The seller is being a bit of a dick, as he should have left you positive feedback noting that he was not happy with your "dig" on your positive feedback, instead of the neutral he left. If you felt he was overcharging for shipping, you should have brought that up prior to bidding on the item.

As for me, If I ever have any problem with the seller, I always make sure to try and resolve it before I leave feedback. That way I can try to avoid any possible retalitory feedback from the seller.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I agree w/neon dragon the other guy shouldnt have left the neutral feedback.
At most + feedback saying what a whiner you are or whatever.
One time I bought an item and it was stated that it was heavy and would cost $30 to ship, I paid and the postage sticker said like $8.50. I lieft positve feedbcak saying he overcharged $20 on shipping (I wrote him emails saying itd be nice of him to give me $10 back) then he negged me. If you dont like my shipping prices you shouldnt have bid.
Ive gotten -feedbcak from non paying bidders (now days if somebody doesnt pay you can make a dispute and they cant leave feedback untill they pay.)
Then just a couple days ago some chick left me nuetral feedback saying my communication wasnt good when i emailed her back everytime she wrote me.
Maybe by the end it wasnt the friendliest ever but hey...in fact here it is :

Yes I got your money order yesterday and the item was mailed out the same day. You should get it between today and Friday.
Thanks again
Mike

Nah screw that it was friendly enough, esp since it was around the fifth email in four days.

She ruined it for everybody, Im going back to not leaving feedback untill I get it on ebay. I do that on this board but wel really who cares half the time nobody leves feedback for you so..

Lets make a club where we buy an item from somebody and neg them right away we do it in exchange for each other :eek_2: Ill go screw this guy up for you neon dragon.

Long story short I dont think I think I deserve any of the -feedback Ive gotten maybe once or twice that I didn't get it though :cool:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Nakoruru said:
@ NeoDragoN, I believe you are at fault here. Yes it sucks that he left you neutral feedback after you left positive feedback. If you had a problem with the poor packaging, I would have noted that instead of saying that he "overcharged" you. The seller is being a bit of a dick, as he should have left you positive feedback noting that he was not happy with your "dig" on your positive feedback, instead of the neutral he left. If you felt he was overcharging for shipping, you should have brought that up prior to bidding on the item.

How can i be at fault, i was happy with the transaction but thought it needed to be pointed out he did overcharge me on shipping, the exact words which i left for him were "Fast Delivery, but Overcharged on Postage & only sent 2nd Class. Otherwise Fine."

At the end of the day we both completed the transaction. If he wasn't happy with my feedback then he could have pointed it out in a positive feedback not a neutral, after all he got his money instantly after i won the auction and thats what counts.

Its easy to say "if you know someone is charging $25 shipping for something you know costs $10 to ship then don't bid!" but i didn't know, on the auction page it said the items were quite heavy and tbh i thought they would be, it turns out they weren't that heavy.

He is just being a complete child about the situation, he knows he overcharged me, he knows he only sent it 2nd class and the packaging was poor at best, but he won't admit to it and does the only thing that comes to his moronic brain "he bad mouth me! i bad mouth him! and i give him shit feed back LOLZZ!!"1332¬!"

Edit : he recently got 2 Negs from someone for charging them £10 delivery but it only cost him £2, hes basically someone who is'nt happy with what he can get for his stuff on ebay and trys to pad it out by charging stupid P&P fee's.

Also it would have cost him 40p more to send 1st class instead of 2nd :oh_no:

Last edited:

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Long story short: Ebay sucks. New ebay sucks even harder. I hate, hate, hate the design changes they have made.

buster_broon

The Rock,
i think overcharging on shipping via ebay or privately is basically theft

for example

charging £2.50 for a cd game which only really costs £1.40 via 1st class recorded is fine as the rest of the money will cover time/possible fees/packing

but recently asked an ebay member about combined shipping and i was told no because of international shipping, when i stated i lived in the same country i was told that the shipping fees were not going to be combined and if i didnt like them i wasnt to bid. The price for one cart shipped was perfect

shame really as the items looked lovely and the seller was generally friendly

i did point out that if i bought 6 AES carts his shipping quote was going to be £51 and he told me that the best he could do was £35 as he had to make some money on the shipping

for 6 carts the shipping would have cost £18 via special delivery or £12 via standard parcels (both fully insured)

buster_broon

The Rock,
on another note i recently sold my phone on ebay and the guy ignored all comms

after about a week i checked his feedback and he bought the same phone elsewhere for about the same price and the chap left him positive feedback

so started a dispute with ebay to get the £6 it cost me in final valuation fees back and the chap replies

hi im sorry i found out i bidded for the wrong phone im sorry for any inconvenience much thanks i will leave u a positive feedback my apoligies

which is a lie considering the feedback for the same phone

told him i will keep the dispute open until i get the final valuation fee back and ebay binding contract yada yada yada

opened ebay this morning and he left me positive feedback with this comment in the dispute console

im sorry i cant pay for this item because ive realised i bidded for the wrong item im sorry i will leave u a positive feedback as u will do the same for me thanks

once i get the money back i am so going to neg him :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Do any of you guys follow up on your auctions bullshiting the buyer/sellers with messages? I just had a Shadowhearts auction end recently and sent the guy a message suggesting he play Persona 3. You never know - you might get to meet other gamers/collectors and pick up on some deals from them or meet a new online gaming buddy.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
lithy said:

yeah exactly. so i charge someone say $5 for shipping when the actual shipping cost itself was like $1... yeah oh well, i mean.. it'd take me some time to of course package up the item & then even more time to get to the post office(and what if the post office is far & have to drive & then the cost of gas?)...

some people!

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
No offense NeoDragoN, but as a seller, fuck you. That 4 isn't just greed mongering. It goes for:

*The time spent cleaning/testing the item
*The time spent picturing/listing the item
*Shipping supplies
*The actual postage plus whatever addons you get
*The time spent packing up the package
*The time and gas spent going to the post office only to wait in line forever and have a long drive back home
*eBay and PayPal fees

Shipping and handling doesn't just cover the actual postage paid, it also covers the pain-in-the-ass and time sink of shipping it. It's the entire process that you charge for, not just what the PO charges you.

That said, the feedback thing was weak sauce. He shouldn't have left you neutral; the very most he should've done was leave you positive with a neutral comment like you did. That's why I like the new star system: you can give positive, but slam then for the individual things they fucked up on w/o them knowing you slammed them. Good stuff.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
c.t.h said:
Long story short: Ebay sucks. New ebay sucks even harder. I hate, hate, hate the design changes they have made.
Holy shit.

c.t.h, when did you come back again?

Great to have you again, d00d.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Holy shit.

c.t.h, when did you come back again?

Great to have you again, d00d.

I thought the same thing.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
KanYozakura said:
No offense NeoDragoN, but as a seller, fuck you. That 4 isn't just greed mongering. It goes for:

*Shipping supplies
*The time and gas spent going to the post office only to wait in line forever and have a long drive back home
*eBay and PayPal fees

Shipping and handling doesn't just cover the actual postage paid, it also covers the pain-in-the-ass and time sink of shipping it. It's the entire process that you charge for, not just what the PO charges you.

That said, the feedback thing was weak sauce. He shouldn't have left you neutral; the very most he should've done was leave you positive with a neutral comment like you did. That's why I like the new star system: you can give positive, but slam then for the individual things they fucked up on w/o them knowing you slammed them. Good stuff.

Postage for an item should be for whatever the actual postage is and if you are using new materials then you factor in that in the price.

To say that you have to add a bit extra on for cleaning, time spent for listing (LOL), and actually packing something up and then time taken to go to the post office is just ridiculous.

How do you quantify those factors? Do you base it on how much you are paid at work on your overtime rate?

As if giving something a wipe over with a cloth and taking something to the post office is such a huge drain on someones time! As for having the postage be inflated to pay for the ebay and paypal fees is ludicrous, they are supposed to come out of the cost of the item being sold, if you don't want things going for next to nothing then you either stick on a reserve or make it buy now only.

As for the idiot seller overcharging and then giving a neutral just because someone has dared to question his way of dealing, esp with the shoddy packing materials and ultra cheapo method of sending he could do with his name being put out so we can all avoid this dickhead.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Overcharging for postage is just wrong. If I'm overcharged, I do kick up a fuss and if I overcharge someone, I refund the difference, like I did with FunkBuddy on here. Charged him £20 as that's what the Royal Mail site quoted, but it only ended up about £13 so he got the difference back.

Look at one of my auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PS1-THE-Rakuj...ryZ72491QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The £1.49 for postage covers:

£0.70 - Cost to send
£0.35 - Cost of jiffy bag
£0.44 - Packing materials

Anyone who thinks they can charge what they want for 'time spent cleaning, packing, going to the post office etc...' is a total fucktard.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I gotta side with the seller here. You knew the shipping cost up front.

That said, I've always shipped at cost, not a penny more.

I don't consider the 2 bucks and 15 minutes of my life I might spend on a box and gas as some major issue that I gotta get reimbursed for.

Dolphin

Custom User Title,
You should've simply used the relatively new star rating system to ding the gouger's s&h charges subrating and called it a day. By making an overt statement of dissatisfaction, you opened yourself up to a neutral/negative attack from an unstable user (something of which there is no shortage of on eBay!).

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
KanYozakura said:

*Shipping supplies
*eBay and PayPal fees

Its called Postage & Packaging for a fucking reason you know? All the other stuff you posted like cleaning, gas etc is all fucking bullshit, you can't go around charging 3 times more postage than it costs because you live an hour away from a post office!

i think you're an ebay retard too now.

Whoever bumped this thread thanks for bringing back my eBay rage! :mad: :very_ang:

Fuckers.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
you can't go around charging 3 times more postage than it costs because you live an hour away from a post office!

People can charge whatever they want. People can also choose not to buy it.

Freewill works in mysterious ways.

*Richter*

Banned
Abasuto said:
People can charge whatever they want. People can also choose not to buy it.

Freewill works in mysterious ways.

Yeah, word.

But...

Some sellers try to make some extra cash on shipping costs...

My girlfriend bought some kind a bag or such... girls stuff^^

The final bid was 5 US$ and the seller said the shipping is 25$... so far so good- if the seller wasn´t located in the same country... Did not pay anything, told ebay about the shithead and things went fine...

Things like that really sucks...:shame: