Fucking Ebay Retards!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
Its called Postage & Packaging for a fucking reason you know? All the other stuff you posted like cleaning, gas etc is all fucking bullshit, you can't go around charging 3 times more postage than it costs because you live an hour away from a post office!

i think you're an ebay retard too now.

Whoever bumped this thread thanks for bringing back my eBay rage! :mad: :very_ang:

Fuckers.

Time is money. Packing materials aren't cheap. Gas really isn't cheap. Some people eBay for a living, you know? I think adding a dollar or two on top of the actual shipping price is ok.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
NeoDragoN said:
Its called Postage & HANDLING for a fucking reason you know? All the other stuff you posted like cleaning, gas etc is all fucking bullshit, you can't go around charging 3 times more postage than it costs because you live an hour away from a post office!

Fix'd.

The HANDLING part of it covers the cleaning costs, fuel costs, listing/payment costs, and time spent listing the item. If you bid on an item, you agree to whatever the seller is charging for shipping and HANDLING. If you don't like the charge, then don't bid. Jesus fucking christ get a clue and read eBay policy.

And I don't just "take a cloth to it". I take apart all of my equipment, clean the boards, clean every individual piece, go over the outside AGAIN, and make sure it looks as spiffy as it can in. I fully test the equipment in every way possible (make sure the battery holds a save, try out the system with the exact parts I'm sending them, etc.). Sometimes I buy shit that doesn't work, so I have to swap out parts from other defective stuff I have/fix it somehow, which takes time and more resources. I make my games the best that they possibly can be so the buyer doesn't have to dick around with it when he/she gets it to get it into working and clean condition. I think that's a pretty good deal for an extra $3 handling charge.

Plus, I see people on these market forums adding a percentage to cover PayPal fees, so why is it bad if I figure in fees when I'm determining how much money I want to make? If you don't watch it, feeBay will nickel and dime you to death. Sometimes I'm only making <$1 off of an item anyway, and once I have to pay a bajillion dollars to eBay it makes it not worth the time. You know, most sellers are actually selling for a profit.

I'm not doing this shit as charity work; I'm looking to make a buck. Charging only for the actual postage is charging for only part of the whole process of shipping the item. That shit can lose you money, FAST. Some sellers are big enough where this isn't a factor, but I'm a small guy, so I make it worth my time.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
ki_atsushi said:
Time is money. Packing materials aren't cheap. Gas really isn't cheap. Some people eBay for a living, you know? I think adding a dollar or two on top of the actual shipping price is ok.

So somebody that ebays for a living... won't pay as much in fees as they claim the VAT back.

Also if they are shipping multiple packages each day and making profit on each.... That more than covers travelling expenses. Hell, the only way they could say it costs a lot to get to a post office is if they lived out in a remote area, as post offices are almost everywhere over here.

I don't give a fuck about these claims of 'the extra is for the time of cleaning the item' or whatever. You wanna sell something, then making sure it's in the best possible condition isn't something you should think 'ooooh, I cleaned it, that will justify the extra shipping charges' about.

Shipping costs should be just for the cost of the postage and packing materials.

Alex didn't know the items was only going to cost £2 to post. Fair enough on games, cd's or dvd's, you'll know how much it will cost, but not everyone knows how much other items will be, so if you overcharge for postage, you should at least refund the difference. It could make the difference between positive and negative feedback or even their custom again.

/rant.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Usually if you keep shipping low, more people will bid and it would raise the price of your item anyway.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
It's shipping AND HANDLING. Not just shipping.

Fucking retards.

Again, if you don't like to pay that much, then don't fucking bid in the first place. Once you bid, you agree to whatever was in the auction description, including the shipping charge. If you really feel dickish because you didn't pay attention, then just give them one star on the new feedback thing.

Buyers are the fucking retards of eBay.:mad:

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
You don't like the fees?

Don't use ebay instead of adding extra postage costs to cover your tight ass.

Easy choice.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Superfamifreak said:
You don't like the fees?

Don't use ebay instead of adding extra postage costs to cover your tight ass.

Easy choice.

The fees are the smallest part of the equation, fuckwad, but they are a part.

And yeah, maybe I am a tightass, but if I lose $1 on every item I sell, that's going to add up to be a shitload of money pissed away for nothing. Again, I'm not doing this shit for free, and I'm especially not paying for it.

Go try and sell 10+ items a week for a year, deal with all of the fucking retards eBay buying has to offer, then come back.

Superfamifreak

20 Year Member
KanYozakura said:

And yeah, maybe I am a tightass, but if I lose $1 on every item I sell, that's going to add up to be a shitload of money pissed away for nothing. Again, I'm not doing this shit for free, and I'm especially not paying for it.

Go try and sell 10+ items a week for a year, deal with all of the fucking retards eBay buying has to offer, then come back.

LOL I just use ebay to get rid of shit I don't want, so don't really give a fuck if I make a loss or not.

As for selling items on ebay... yeah I have sold a lot of stuff on there, never really dealt with any retards, apart from the odd American who can't read things like 'Will NOT ship outside of the UK'.

Anyway, I really can't be arsed with this shit, I have better things to do with my day than argue with some redneck who's too stingy to swallow the fees.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Superfamifreak said:
LOL I just use ebay to get rid of shit I don't want, so don't really give a fuck if I make a loss or not.

As for selling items on ebay... yeah I have sold a lot of stuff on there, never really dealt with any retards, apart from the odd American who can't read things like 'Will NOT ship outside of the UK'.

Anyway, I really can't be arsed with this shit, I have better things to do with my day than argue with some redneck who's too stingy to swallow the fees.

It's not that I'm a redneck who lives an hour away from the post office. It's the exact opposite: I live in a big city, and the traffic to get to the post office is horrendous. Plus, the line is usually out the door, and I have to deal with the annoying teller hounding me to buy stamps and other shit I don't want. Then I've got to drive back through the sea of cars. When all's said and done, I've spent an hour and a half to ship something that only cost $10 shipped to begin with.

While you just sell shit to get rid of it, I actually buy old, dirty, broken, and otherwise unwanted video games from thrift stores/pawn shops/garage sales/etc. I fix them up as a service and try to get the most I can out of it online. If I lose out on $1 every auction, that adds up to a TON of money in the long run.

And AGAIN, it's not just about the fees, but about the whole process. If there was a way to magically teleport the item to the buyer's house, I'd be all over it. But as it stands, it's a fucking pain in the ass to ship and I want to be reimbursed for it. Don't like the shipping charges? Then buy local and let other people bid on my shit.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm totally with you Kan. You have every right to charge more for shipping in your case. I'm like Superfami; I'm just getting rid of shit. If I make a buck or two, fine. Otherwise I just want it out the door. I'll probably soon be scrouging pawns and thrifts to sell games though.

I guess one of the few advantages of living in redneck country is that it's 5 min. to the post office and there usually aren't lines.

I've learned my lesson with international shipping. I just had an auction where someone from Canada paid with a money order. Fine - I can wait for it to come in the mail. I cashed it, no problem. I go mail it, and she wanted insurance. They don't do insurance for Canada packages at the USPS. So I want to refund her. She doesn't have paypal, so I have to go through a big rig-a-ma-role to send her the refund.

Lesson learned. From now on, with Canada, Mexico, and the rest of the world, I'm only taking Paypal. I like to be able to sell to as many people as possible with no restrictions, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

We all bitch and complain that this is so hard and such a pain in the ass. But really, it's a hell of a lot easier than making money at some other job, like say, high-stress office work or a factory floor. I'd take these little ebay hassles to make a living over those other things any day.

Last edited:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
All i can say then is you guys are some price gouging fuckers!

If anyone charges 3 times more postage than it costs and thinks that it covers the so called "handling" is a complete fucktard.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
KanYozakura said:

I've been listing items ( about 20 - 30 ) regularly on ebay now for the last about 4 -5 month's and all my P&P prices DON'T include ebay fee's or paypal fee's, at the end of the day its my choice to sell on ebay and my choice to accept paypal.

What i charge for P&P is exactly what i cost me and maybe abit extra and when i say a bit i mean if delivery is 70p, jiffy 14p, thats 84p and i charge a £1, i don't fucking charge £3!

Theres a difference between adding a bit extra for time and completely gouging someone by charging 3 times the cost!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Superfamifreak said:
So somebody that ebays for a living... won't pay as much in fees as they claim the VAT back.

We don't have VAT in America.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
yeah i charge extra if i rub an item on my crotch.. even more so if i pee on it. but the best is after they've paid you & you've sent off the item & you email them the pics of all the things you've done to it.. priceless... just priceless.

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
GregN. said:
Do any of you guys follow up on your auctions bullshiting the buyer/sellers with messages? I just had a Shadowhearts auction end recently and sent the guy a message suggesting he play Persona 3. You never know - you might get to meet other gamers/collectors and pick up on some deals from them or meet a new online gaming buddy.

You're a weirdo.

Also, this thread is clearly an issue of America vs Great Britain.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
lithy said:
You're a weirdo.

That's true, it's the difference between folks who ship stuff out for a realistic price and dipshits who charge more to cover everything that they intend to do that day and possibly mortgage and car repayments.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
lithy said:
You're a weirdo.

Hey its not called Great America is it! w00t:buttrock: :lol: :make_fac: :multi_co: :tickled: :oh_no: :smirk: :cool: :spock:

Nakoruru

Zero's Tailor
The whole reason this thing started was because you "noticed" it only cost him 2 quid to ship it. If you hadn't found out what it cost for him to ship it, would you still be upset?? You shouldn't be, considering you knew ahead of time what his shipping rate was.

This is the equivalent of oh say...bidding on a metal slug cart for $10,000. You bid, buy the item, and when you realize you overpaid for the item saying "Good transaction, but overcharged me for the cart".

I apologize for "pouring salt on an open wound" but this is an issue that really bothers me. People should just not bid, or ask the seller why his shipping is so high.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really don't like the guys who have the automated Electronic Shipping info sent to you.... then take another 3 days to get the package out.

Stellaking

Witchsmeller Pursuivant
What bollocks...
I'd fucking cain you for that comment.

What item, what start price ? Fixed auction or bid up ?
take the unknown final bid % into account
eBay listing fees and seller account, (if) Paypal then fees
packing and shipping container etc.

As for UK v US
cheaper to ship US to UK than visa versa WORD.

I'd ask for proofs and pic of recipts

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Nakoruru said:
This is the equivalent of oh say...bidding on a metal slug cart for $10,000. You bid, buy the item, and when you realize you overpaid for the item saying "Good transaction, but overcharged me for the cart".

No its not at all.

If i'd bid OH SAY $10000 on a Metal Slug cart then found out it was only worth a $1000 i don't think i'd be bothered about £4 postage because i must be rich to pay $10000 for a game!

You haven't thought this through have you!:oh_no:

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Stellaking said:
What bollocks...
I'd fucking cain you for that comment.

What item, what start price ? Fixed auction or bid up ?
take the unknown final bid % into account
eBay listing fees and seller account, (if) Paypal then fees
packing and shipping container etc.

As for UK v US
cheaper to ship US to UK than visa versa WORD.

I'd ask for proofs and pic of recipts

Could you please construct an actual sentence?

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Stellaking said:
For 4 quid :tickled:
You been on here too long mate...

Or it's pension day.

Yeah man i been here 6 years now!

Thanks for your contribution!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
No its not at all.

If i'd bid OH SAY $10000 on a Metal Slug cart then found out it was only worth a $1000 i don't think i'd be bothered about £4 postage because i must be rich to pay $10000 for a game!

You haven't thought this through have you!:oh_no:

Oh my god. :oh_no:

He only used the example to make a point. A point that still goes "whoosh!" over your head.

Between eBay and Paypal, they take over 10% of your money. Add packing materials and gas to go to the post office and it really gets expensive. No one's in the business of losing money, mate. Sounds like you either need to man up and accept the extra shipping charge or bid on someone else's auctions with cheaper shipping.