FUCK TRUMP

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I just keep most of my political ideology away from certain family members. You seemingly can't criticize Trump without some snowflake blowing up about it.

Look at my timeline today.

“Did Trump shoot the tear gas?”

Jesus fucking Christ. Was I this bad?

Feel like I’m virtue signaling too hard, but fuck.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
#justfacts

But seriously, the only replies I get are “Trump 2020”.

None of these cultists even understand what’s going on in this country.

If people aren't convinced by the whole Coronavirus thing, and now the current situation, to stop supporting Trump, then they'll probably never will. What's going on with the average joe in America? It's really scary to think how deep this rabbit hole of ignorance goes.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If people aren't convinced by the whole Coronavirus thing, and now the current situation, to stop supporting Trump, then they'll probably never will. What's going on with the average joe in America? It's really scary to think how deep this rabbit hole of ignorance goes.

Most of the stanch Trumpers I know are white and poor.

I don’t fucking get it.

“Did trump shoot the tear gas?”

Really?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Most of the stanch Trumpers I know are white and poor.

I don’t fucking get it.

“Did trump shoot the tear gas?”

Really?

I saw that. They have an answer for every shitty thing he does. They're just as fragile as their leader.

I think most are bullies and this somehow fits into the "owning the libs" thing.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I saw that. They have an answer for every shitty thing he does. They're just as fragile as their leader.

I think most are bullies and this somehow fits into the "owning the libs" thing.

Now I got someone saying George Floyd died of a heart attack and fentanyl.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Now I got someone saying George Floyd died of a heart attack and fentanyl.

Well, there are conflicting autopsy reports now, so I wouldn't say that they're exactly wrong, but maybe ignoring the overlying causes for sake of their argument?

State ME says homicide with a cause of death listed as cardiopulminary arrest (not exactly a heart attack but close enough for layman's term I think) but complicated by the neck compression and restraint, hypertension, and heart disease. It also notes fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use (which of course also describes half of Youngstown's population).

Family autopsy (paid by family is my understanding, and just like the State ME's report, in my opinion neither should not be considered truly independent) lists asphyxiation because of neck compression and restraint without listing any underlying health problems.

Really the only reason the autopsies matter though is for the trial. People either saw a man being appropriately restrained after 'resisting' or they saw a man killed by the police using unsafe restraint tactics and talking about the autopsies is only to fit their position, not inform their decision on what actually happened.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Eggshell skull

The eggshell rule (also thin skull rule or talem qualem rule)[1] is a well-established legal doctrine in common law, used in some tort law systems,[2] with a similar doctrine applicable to criminal law. The rule states that, in a tort case, the unexpected frailty of the injured person is not a valid defense to the seriousness of any injury caused to them.

In criminal law, the general maxim is that the defendant must "take their victims as they find them", as echoed in the judgment of Lord Justice Lawton in R v. Blaue (1975), in which the defendant was held responsible for killing his victim, despite his contention that her refusal of a blood transfusion constituted novus actus interveniens.[6]

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Well, there are conflicting autopsy reports now, so I wouldn't say that they're exactly wrong, but maybe ignoring the overlying causes for sake of their argument?

State ME says homicide with a cause of death listed as cardiopulminary arrest (not exactly a heart attack but close enough for layman's term I think) but complicated by the neck compression and restraint, hypertension, and heart disease. It also notes fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use (which of course also describes half of Youngstown's population).

Family autopsy (paid by family is my understanding, and just like the State ME's report, in my opinion neither should not be considered truly independent) lists asphyxiation because of neck compression and restraint without listing any underlying health problems.

Really the only reason the autopsies matter though is for the trial. People either saw a man being appropriately restrained after 'resisting' or they saw a man killed by the police using unsafe restraint tactics and talking about the autopsies is only to fit their position, not inform their decision on what actually happened.

What’s your opinion?

What happened to the asphyxia by sustained pressure to the neck?

lithy

20 Year Member
What’s your opinion?

What happened to the asphyxia by sustained pressure to the neck?

I really don't have an opinion on the autopsies, I won't see the body, I can only judge them on who I trust. The ultimate cause of death is irrelevant, force was used in an arrest resulting in death.

To the eggshell rule cited above, IANAL and all that, but traditionally the police have been given a wide leeway when acting within the definition of their job.

Not sure what you mean by your second question.

Chauvin is a symptom not the disease. We call it systemic racism and then focus on one case rather than, you know, the system. Easy enough to see at least one change MPD should make when reporting shows neck restraints are not disallowed by policy, have been used hundreds of times in the last 5 years, and resulted in nearly 50 people being rendered unconscious during arrest.

Chauvin in jail will maybe make Floyd's family feel some relief, but anyone else that finds joy in anyone ending up in prison is only after vengeance not justice, but legitimate policy changes and not lip service will make hundreds or thousands of Minneapolis families feel relief from police activity every year.

I mentioned in some other thread that people want to blame Trump for this, and he certainly hasn't been helping find solutions or calm the country, yet DFL (Minnesota's Democratic Party) has the Minneapolis mayorship, 12 of 13 city council seats (13th is Green Party) and a majority in state house (Republicans have state senate majority), as well as the Governor. So what has stopped them from fixing this problem?

I don't believe that the answer is Trump.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lovely...

And here was me wondering about where you were Mr Tonk....

xROTx

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Lovely...

And here was me wondering about where you were Mr Tonk....

xROTx

Hey buddy, was gonna text you but just figured I’d stop in. Been sitting around for 3 months.

Lots of time to think.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Coward motherfucker.

I apologize for not waking the fuck up and seeing what was really happening in this country.

Holy shit was I on the wrong side of history.

Means a lot for someone to say that.

Trump can eat a dick. Worthless POS "leader."

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Let's say Trump does get his 8 years and America turns into Mad Max 4: Donald Death, will Americans trust the republican party again to get them out of this mess? or will they pivot to whatever the democrats present? Because as it stands, whomever is next has a huge job ahead of them both domestically and internationally. Looks like america first is working out very well.

lithy

20 Year Member
Since 1950, only George HW Bush was elected from the same party as an outgoing president.

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
I can’t see the Republican Party continuing at this rate.

After Mattis' critique the only one that spoke up was Lisa Murkowski, everyone else was too pussy, and they all had praised Mattis previously. GOP is dead.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
After Mattis' critique the only one that spoke up was Lisa Murkowski, everyone else was too pussy, and they all had praised Mattis previously. GOP is dead.

Every Trump supporter, including me, was happy when Mattis was appointed.

Now when their leader speaks, they blindly follow.

Last edited: