Firearm enthusiast thread

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Astigmatism means I can't use a red dot. :(
Looking hard at the Leupold Prismatic or a low powered variable/fixed scope.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
and impossible to find now

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
that potato guy on youtube has all the coolest shit.

I hope to one day one a Coonan .357 magnum.

Kiel

20 Year Member
The guy who invented the medusa was really cool and would post/answer questions of various forums. Iirc he left NASA to peruse it, occasionally he would throw up picture of the various models and where they were made and sometimes put up pictures (which sadly was the only one I saved) of awesome prototypes like this awesome carbine version

DSC_0012.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

HellioN

20 Year Member
Nothing wrong with a surefire setup. Ran a 6P on my rifle till I went to the streamlight polytac hp.
I don't think the inforce momentary only has been out very long.
I'm chomping to try one. I like my polytac, but it's a clicky.
If I could mod it to momentary only or get a twisty tailcap I would feel better about it.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Lookie at what Santa's leaving under the tree for me:
20121221170057_zps3231f5bf.jpg

Savage Axis left-hand action in .30-06 Springfield with a Trashco 3x9-50mm Bucksight Scope (which will be swapped out with better glass when funds allow). The thing is with the Axis is, while it IS cheap rifle; it's upgradeable (get a better stock, a trigger-job, and good glass) to be capable of sub-MOA accuracy for just a few hundred bucks. I was going to go with Stevens Model 200 (Savage), but they don't make lefties.

...incidentally, I DID celebrate the 1-week anniversary of the Sandy Hook Massacre, as well as the day of the friggin APOCALYPSE, by picking up my high-powered (soon-to-be) sniper rifle. AMERICA! FUCK YEAH!
(although, I didn't plan it that way)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wish Santa was leaving me ANYTHING firearm related. Nice gift to yourself brosky. My friend has a .17hmr Savage that is really a nice rifle.

I need to give the bolt action .30-'06 I have some serious love. It's a Peruvian Mauser in .30-'06. Bastard kicks like a mule though. Maybe I just need to man up.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Man, this gun ban insanity is getting crazy. $100 for a 30rd PMAG? $800-1000 ARs selling for $2000-3000? Good Lord! People are silly. If you have $2200 to drop on an AR now, why didn't you have $800 3 months ago?

I guess I'm glad I got an AR years ago as well as all of the magazines I need. The only firearms left on my list are another 44 magnum revolver and a good high power turnbolt. ...

Kiel

20 Year Member
Man, this gun ban insanity is getting crazy. $100 for a 30rd PMAG? $800-1000 ARs selling for $2000-3000? Good Lord! People are silly. If you have $2200 to drop on an AR now, why didn't you have $800 3 months ago?

I guess I'm glad I got an AR years ago as well as all of the magazines I need. The only firearms left on my list are another 44 magnum revolver and a good high power turnbolt. ...

As it just so turns out I sold a game and some posters a few days before the shooting happened because I wanted to get a lower receiver. Just my luck with the timing. I planned on getting a gen 2 noveske and those were expensive enough before this mad rush.:crying:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The craziness just further affirms my decision that I need to use and work on the guns I already own rather than add another toy to the collection, even though I'd like to get a new toy.

HellioN

20 Year Member
IMAG0068.jpg

Why hello Troy Battle Ax.
This thing is smaller than I thought it was, awesome amount
of storage for a collapsing stock tho. Be able to get a pull thru,
small bottle of clp, & a bolt easily.
The battery slots only hold AA size tho. Good thing the Moe core holds 2
& I can get one more in the vfg.
I think I may be able to get a sectional cleaning rod or at least a chamber
brush rod in the battery slots.
Its pretty hefty, helps balance the rifle tho.
Just need the chance to go shoot it now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Scored two standard GI 30 round AR mags for $14/pop and I feel like I hit the damn lottery...how sad is that?

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
In light of current-events I feel I should re-post this image:

Photo0192.jpg

Public enemy #1; my Mom with her AR-22 pink Hello Kitty custom.

Kiel

20 Year Member
Scored two standard GI 30 round AR mags for $14/pop and I feel like I hit the damn lottery...how sad is that?

I officially throw in the towel. Got an email from the place that I ordered the pmags from saying they were sold out a week after my order(even though their website said they were in stock) and I was watching a few auctions for stripped lowers and Spike's ones went for $400 and $550...and the Noveske chainsaw (factory blemish) I was watching went for, wait for it...$705. Fuck it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I officially throw in the towel. Got an email from the place that I ordered the pmags from saying they were sold out a week after my order(even though their website said they were in stock) and I was watching a few auctions for stripped lowers and Spike's ones went for $400 and $550...and the Noveske chainsaw (factory blemish) I was watching went for, wait for it...$705. Fuck it.

Yo. Those lower prices are insane, I'm with you on not paying for that.

I snagged 2x 30rd GIs last week from wideners, I should get them in a week or so. I went ahead and back ordered 2x Magpul M3 windowed and 2x M3 non windowed from Midway, back ordered two Magpul M3 Windowed from Brownells, and snagged those 2x GIs last night.

That gives me a pretty solid 4 coming in and a slight possibility of 6 more eventually. Well see.

I currently have 13 PMAGs (all gen 2, mixed windowed and non), 2x GI and one 20 rd GI. I guess even if I don't get another my 15 are good enough.

I have a local guy who is a good to go home reseller and I contacted him about a stripped lower. If he gets any more in, I should be able to snag one for $100...