Firearm enthusiast thread

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Can you order online and have it shipped to a friend or family member out of state? I've done that before.

I typically buy all my ammo online. I'll buy locally if the price is right.

Wal-Mart has good prices on a lot of their ammo. Check out big outdoor type stores like Bass Pro or Cabelas. We have a place here by my house called Sportsman's Warehouse - they have decent prices on ammo.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Dick's Sporting Goods is running a sale starting Friday of buy 1 box of ammo get a second for 50% off.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
download.png

summer fun :)

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That conversion looks awesome.

That would definitely be a good option for me.

I still need a flashlight on my AR. I spent a bunch of money on surplus USGI stuff though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
And so it begins:

United States 7th Circuit Court of Appeals rules Illinois' total prohibition on carrying firearms in public is a violation of the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States

For Immediate Release: 12/11/2012

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation has won a huge victory for the right to bear arms outside the home, with a ruling in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals that declares the right to self-defense is “broader than the right to have a gun in one’s home.”

The case of Moore v. Madigan, with Judge Richard Posner writing for the majority, gives the Illinois legislature 180 days to "craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendment…on the carrying of guns in public.”

“We are very happy with Judge Posner’s majority opinion,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “This is a victory for Illinois citizens who have been long denied a right recognized in the other 49 states; to have the means necessary for self-defense outside the home.

“In the broader sense,” he added, “this ruling affirms that the right to keep and bear arms, itself, extends beyond the boundary of one’s front door. This is a huge victory for the Second Amendment.”

“The Second Amendment,” Judge Posner writes, “states in its entirety that ‘a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.’ The right to ‘bear’ as distinct from the right to ‘keep’ arms is unlikely to refer to the home. To speak of ‘bearing’ arms within one’s home would at all times have been an awkward usage. A right to bear arms thus implies a right to carry a loaded gun outside the home."

Later, Judge Posner adds, “To confine the right to be armed to the home is to divorce the Second Amendment from the right of self-defense described in Heller and McDonald.”

“That the court will give Illinois lawmakers six months to craft a law allowing carry outside the home recognizes that the right to bear arms means what it says,” Gottlieb concluded. “The ball is now in the Legislature’s court, and we eagerly wait to see how well they can live up to their responsibility.”.

I have one word for the legislature in IL right now:

sonned

With this case we slowly but surely begin to reinforce the fact that gun rights are civil rights. I expect a right to carry case to reach SCOTUS soon...

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Good news, too bad Alan Gotlieb is such a jerkoff.

He is the face of an organization that has to, at times, resort to fear tactics to get donations. SAF is much better on than the NRA in dealing with substantial issues relating to the core of the 2nd amendment right.

Dude does look goofy as all get though.

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
He is the face of an organization that has to, at times, resort to fear tactics to get donations. SAF is much better on than the NRA in dealing with substantial issues relating to the core of the 2nd amendment right.

Dude does look goofy as all get though.

I mean personally, he went into some fucking rant towards my Dad at a local gun show. Dude was going off about how if you weren't a member of the NRA or SAF you were part of the problem. My Dad pointed to the I'm the NRA sticker on his WAC badge, and he just said "oh" and turned away.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I mean personally, he went into some fucking rant towards my Dad at a local gun show. Dude was going off about how if you weren't a member of the NRA or SAF you were part of the problem. My Dad pointed to the I'm the NRA sticker on his WAC badge, and he just said "oh" and turned away.

lol

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Strange question and I want this thread bumped to try and make the one about the school shooting actually go back on topic instead of what it turned into. My question is when I shoot my S&W 686 I can only shoot left handed, I can try some with my right hand but it just doesn't feel right. Now if I am holding a rifle or shotgun I can only do it right handed. I'm naturally a lefty so that explains the handgun but I don't know why it switches when I am holding something else. Does anyone else switch their dominant hand when shooting different types of firearms?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do you know which eye is your dominant eye? I was wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Right eye is dominant by far mainly due to the fact that my left eye got injured pretty bad when I was a kid, really screws up my depth perception.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Right eye is dominant by far mainly due to the fact that my left eye got injured pretty bad when I was a kid, really screws up my depth perception.

I'm right handed but left eye dominant so kind of the other way around for me. I have to set up stocks or high sights on my rifles that let me use my left eye as I shoot right handed. Not such a big deal for me with the pistols.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Saw that some time back.

Having built my own AK i really appreciate that guys.

His AK is just so ugly. I love it.

Love that barrel, particularly the fact he didn't bother to profile it and just welded everything on. Heh.

I bet you could shoot a rifle left handed if you didn't have to focus with your left eye on the front sight.

It kinda makes sense.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
To celebrate my new job I ordered A Troy Battle Ax stock today.
Pics when it shows up.
Now I just hope there is ammo left to buy after I get my first check. :(

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I gave in too and ordered 5 pmags. I just get this feeling that I will get an email shortly saying they are out of stock.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I am right handed but left eye dominant. I feel comfortable shooting long guns left handed but not handguns.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I am also a left eye dominant right hander :(