Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
anyone have issues with their shoulder buttons? the right one isn't registering clicks everytime. Wondering if I should exchange the XL.

I haven't had any problems with mine (cross my fingers)...

I would exchange it

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Congrats on a wise purchase! I hope yo are liking the game, and yes, you should exchange the DS if the shoulders aren't registering properly/consistently.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Congrats on a wise purchase! I hope yo are liking the game, and yes, you should exchange the DS if the shoulders aren't registering properly/consistently.

Yep, loving the game so far. It has a nice flow and the writing is some of the best i've seen in years. I still need to exchange the XL but i was really happy to learn the game saves to the cart. thank god.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Just found out how to switch to japanese voices, the terrible english dubbing was my one and only problem with the game. Now I can definitely say that I love it. Thanks guys, I almost missed this gem :buttrock:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The map to recruit Aversa came out yesterday, but it's pretty damned hard; still haven't beaten it yet.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
thank god for casual mode. Now that i'm several hours into the game I definitely made the right choice. My available free time is just too short. I can't imagine having to constantly replay battles to make sure I don't loose anyone.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The last recruitable character is available today through Street Pass, as well as some new character teams!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Just got these two things:

246190-fireemblem_awakening_ost.jpg

Fire-Emblem-Awakening-Art-Book-Cover.jpg

Yes, they are both goddamned awesome.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I ordered them through the Books Sanseido in my area. You can get 'em on amazon but they won't be cheap.

The soundtrack is five discs and is awesome.

The artbook is amazing, far better than I was expecting it to be.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Bought this game along with Monster Hunter, I figure I don't need free time anymore.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I ordered them through the Books Sanseido in my area. You can get 'em on amazon but they won't be cheap.

The soundtrack is five discs and is awesome.

The artbook is amazing, far better than I was expecting it to be.

Is there any way I could convince you to snag copies for me and I can pay you plus a little extra for your trouble? Dealing with Amazon.com rates for a Canadian is a pain.

EDIT: Just picked up a book from CDJapan for 3800 yen; I'm good :)

Last edited:

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Only played about 25 hours so far, but it's a really good game. Only downside is all this goddamn DLC. I won't help support this, if everyone makes the DLC really successful then that will probably ensure that the next Smash Bros. will have loads of DLC characters, stages etc. I've quite enjoyed Nintendo staying away from the DLC whoring all these years while a lot of the rest of the industry has played us all for fools with it. Sad to see the cancer creeping it's way in to Nintendo now......

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Bought this game along with Monster Hunter, I figure I don't need free time anymore.

I'm glad to hear you picked up 2 great games! I've dumped 110 hrs into Fire Emblem so far and have gotten almost all of the friendship conversations. I even picked up a second copy just in case someone were to come over and want to play multi-player. I don't play very many games, but this one has just had me hooked!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just got that artbook in that Taiso mentioned, and it is simply incredible; highly recommended to anyone who appreciates both comprehensive artbooks/model sheets and Fire Emblem.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I got the game and i got to say it is one of the best 3DS games out there (besides Luigi’s mansion 2!).

The grid format and battles are just really epic and the characters are very easy to warm too and there is a lot of humorous parts too between the characters.

Overall it’s more then a worthwhile purchase and it got me into the Fire emblem series!