Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This game is very deep.

Deeper than FFT.

This game is an incredible accomplishment.

Anybody that is a fan of turn based SRPGs needs to play this game and fall into it. There is SO MUCH content in it.

Maybe the most robust handheld game of all time. Far more complex I ever could have expected.

Cannonball, if you're reading this, I think you'd seriously dig on this game (unless you don't like SRPG or have an aersion to JRPG storytelling tropes.)

Phades

New Challenger
i realized two things last night:

1) this is one of my favorite handheld titles ever

and

2) i am absolutely terrible at it

This. I love this game but had to start over on normal because I suck. I read the difficulty descriptions and normal sounded like it was for novice/beginners. Well, apparently that's me.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I am playing on normal-casual. I want to enjoy everything the game has to offer without the added pressure of permadeaths. I figure if the game is solid enough, I may want to go back and challenge the harder versions later.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm really enjoying this one too. I'm a huge Shining Force fan and this game is the first Fire Emblem to really hook me. I also really enjoyed the Tactics Ogre PSP remake from a couple years back.

BTW, I think the way they handle the 3d graphics on this one is great. Really adds to the overall experience while not being distracting.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Alright, its come to the point where I can honestly say that this is the best game on the 3DS. The dialogue between the characters is so expertly written, it's silly. It gives you something lighthearted to look forward to after every stressful combat encounter. And don't even get me started on the in-combat partner/out-of-comat relationship aspect.

This game is wonderful.

If you have a 3DS...but you don't have this game....you're missing something special.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i've vowed to finish it on Hard/Classic without losing a member

it's very slow going, because as i aforementioned, i'm not good at strategy games

i am however, having a ton of fun despite this fact

i'm slowly getting better at it

i kind of ignored Dual Strike at first, but that's proving to be essential

whoever can beat this on Lunatic is an amazingly gifted strategist

Last edited:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I'm working on getting every character to A rank relationships with each other, and the 99999 renown rank...this game is so addictive!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The Street Pass content has been updated. The mission to recruit Yen'Fay is out!

Pat505

War Room Troll
I must have some serious issues. I just can't get into this game. I'm a HUGE Advanced Wars fan . I even like the first couple shining forces, and put 130 hrs into FFT(advanced) although I did'nt dig the ds FE and can't get into this one. You think it could be connected to my mom dropping me on my head a bunch as an infant? It has to be everybody loves this game.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Thoroughly enjoying this one, certainly one if not the best game I have played on the 3DS

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I must have some serious issues. I just can't get into this game. I'm a HUGE Advanced Wars fan . I even like the first couple shining forces, and put 130 hrs into FFT(advanced) although I did'nt dig the ds FE and can't get into this one. You think it could be connected to my mom dropping me on my head a bunch as an infant? It has to be everybody loves this game.

Nah, there are enough differences between all the games you mentioned and this one as well, it's just good to know that there are plenty of people out there supporting the genre, whether it be with this game or another. Heck, everyone on here seems to love Luigi's Mansion, yet while I thnk it's a good game in general, I've found it kind of boring. Different strokes for different folks and all that!

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yea bought this along with a couple of other games when Target was doing their B2G1 sale. Figured it was a good game that would keep its value steady at the $40 range longer than most. Played the demo, and like Pat said, there must be something wrong with me. I've destroyed the Advance Wars games, but can't see to get into the demo. Kinda on the fence about opening the game.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Yea bought this along with a couple of other games when Target was doing their B2G1 sale. Figured it was a good game that would keep its value steady at the $40 range longer than most. Played the demo, and like Pat said, there must be something wrong with me. I've destroyed the Advance Wars games, but can't see to get into the demo. Kinda on the fence about opening the game.

Like most demos, it doesn't do the full game justice.

I assure you....it's the best game on 3DS.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Like most demos, it doesn't do the full game justice.

I assure you....it's the best game on 3DS.

Seconded..I'm 50 hours in and beat the game on normal / casual and still want to play more.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just made it a renown of 3500 and I have to say that the rewards are pretty damned good. I got Mercurius (one of the 3 Regalia from the last game) at 3000 and it's even more powerful than the Exalted Falchion. Man I love this game!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Best game released this year so far.

Period.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm picking this up tomorrow. I wasn't sure at first but everyone seems to love it. The last good SRPG I've played was The Knight of Lodis so it's been a while for me.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Randomly just watched a Fire Emblem demo on a XL while at Best Buy. WANT. I had no idea it looked this good. I've seen all the chatter but it didn't grab my attention until I watched in person.

Went home and did a little research on system bundles. I officially hate nintendo. BS. Why can't I get a XL in black or silver? Only Blue or Red? and the Fire Emblem bundle is a standard size 3ds? boooo </rant>

*off to craigslist for used systems, lol*

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I just hit 95 hrs., and 5750 renown...just...can't...put...down!

Ben Richards

New Challenger
WOW! I haven't had allot of time to post lately, but all I can say is WOW! This game is so good in so many ways, from graphics (even though the characters have no feet, LOL!), gameplay, relationships, strategy, and may others. Strategy games are my favorite, and while I have always loved Shining force and Dragon force, I have to say that this is my favorite strategy game of all time! It is difficult, but not too difficult to enjoy playing, as when you win a battle, you feel like you have accomplished something. DLC is good and I don't mind paying for quality. In fact, I have to say that it rivals any PS3 or Xbox 360 strategy game, plus it is handheld. HIGHLY recommended to all, but to the new strategy game player, may take some getting used to and the difficulty.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
broke down and got a XL and Fire Emblem at lunch today.

Now the BIG question. Casual or classic? Off hand i'm thinking normal/casual since this is the first FE i've played. But will it be too easy? I've played this type of game before. I'm just okay. Definitely not hardcore.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
broke down and got a XL and Fire Emblem at lunch today.

Now the BIG question. Casual or classic? Off hand i'm thinking normal/casual since this is the first FE i've played. But will it be too easy? I've played this type of game before. I'm just okay. Definitely not hardcore.

Congrats!

Taiso's post pretty much sums up my thoughts on casual vs. classic.

I am playing on normal-casual. I want to enjoy everything the game has to offer without the added pressure of permadeaths. I figure if the game is solid enough, I may want to go back and challenge the harder versions later.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
anyone have issues with their shoulder buttons? the right one isn't registering clicks everytime. Wondering if I should exchange the XL.