Final predictions: Mayweather vs McGregor

How does the fight end?

• Mayweather by decision

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Mayweather by KO

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Mayweather by TKO (ref stoppage, corner stoppage, etc)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Mayweather by DQ

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • McGregor (pick this if you are dumb)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There is something to be said when men passionately watch other men in boxer shorts, with muscles glistening from sweat, touch each other until one capitulates from becoming lumpy and hardened. Every man who watched the fight was a faggot, and when they accept it and seek the touch of other men, they will achieve true happiness.

+1, /thread, etc

You know what's even gayer? When men still continue to talk on and on about the fight long after its over just to show how knowledgable they are about things that don't affect their lives in the least. "Hey guys, my life is total shit and I'm an absolute loser with no future, but look how much I know about the sports and let me tell you what the sports competitors should've done differently in the sports match!"

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
+1, /thread, etc

You know what's even gayer? When men still continue to talk on and on about the fight long after its over just to show how knowledgable they are about things that don't affect their lives in the least. "Hey guys, my life is total shit and I'm an absolute loser with no future, but look how much I know about the sports and let me tell you what the sports competitors should've done differently in the sports match!"

As opposed to those who do nothing but commentate on other people commentating on things they don't even care about.

madman

As opposed to those who do nothing but commentate on other people commentating on things they don't even care about.

It's the madman school of tough love. If I can change just one loser sports fagit, I've changed the world.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
It's the madman school of tough love. If I can change just one loser sports fagit, I've changed the world.

Not a sport faggit. I already stated I'm gay for boxing. My life isn't that shit just regular shit.
Talking about boxing often time is more fun than watching it.
All the best

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
McGregor had NOTHING on his punches even early in the fight. He couldn't KO a super featherweight in a boxing ring, let alone a super welterweight.

Right. The majority of what he was throwing were just arm punches. No shoulder or pop behind them. He doesn't quite know how to translate his weight on his shots? Sure seems like it. Ringside commentators said as much. That there was no weight in the way he was letting those punches go.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Sad thing is McGregor is considered one of the best punchers in MMA.

This is what I mean when I say boxers are simply a higher caliber of athlete. Ignore the difference in skill for a second; just in pure speed, reflexes, handspeed, conditioning... it's not close. McGregor gassing out has nothing to do with a skill gap, he just isn't in good enough shape.

And this is against a 40 year old Floyd coming out of a two year retirement and not even trying.

This is why boxing is a better sport. Better athletes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

This is what I mean when I say boxers are simply a higher caliber of athlete. Ignore the difference in skill for a second; just in pure speed, reflexes, handspeed, conditioning... it's not close. McGregor gassing out has nothing to do with a skill gap, he just isn't in good enough shape.

And this is against a 40 year old Floyd coming out of a two year retirement and not even trying.

You crazy.
I dont like either sport, but you downright dumb. It took great amounts of willpower for McGregor not to use his reflexes.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

This is pure nonsense. Watch Ricky Hatton outside of a boxing ring, even when he's in shape, he can barely run 200m. Boxers are conditioned to box, MMA fighters are conditioned to fight MMA. It's that simple.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This is pure nonsense. Watch Ricky Hatton outside of a boxing ring, even when he's in shape, he can barely run 200m. Boxers are conditioned to box, MMA fighters are conditioned to fight MMA. It's that simple.

McGregor had months to train for this fight and he was barely conditioned enough to go three rounds.

And conditioning is one thing, but reflexes and hand speed are another. And McGregor has good reflexes and hand speed for an MMA fighter but for a boxer he is terrible.

You either have the reflexes or you don't. It's not a matter of MMA training vs boxing training.

madman

Seriously fanny, how many times are you going to make a fool out of yourself in this thread?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I don't like this MMA v Boxing thing, it's ridiculous.
It's like comparing martial art styles. There's no point to it.
Personally I like boxing for it's culturing bearings. It's a working class sport
But MMA fighters are very well trained to do what they do

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
you can't shoehorn 20+ years experience into a months-long training session

at the end dude was taking hook after hook to the face completely unguarded

classic ali technique

famicommander

15 Year Member
Seriously fanny, how many times are you going to make a fool out of yourself in this thread?

None.

How many people here even got the fight result right? Three, including myself.

People here are asserting that training for boxing vs MMA makes a difference in your physical reflexes. I'm saying that, regardless of training, McGregor lacks the physical tools to compete at Mayweather's level.

In fact, McGregor trained as a boxer from 12-17. If he were any good at it he would have stuck with it and made shit tons of money instead of switching to MMA, where the competition wasn't as good.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I didn't realize the fight only went 3 rounds.

I meant the actual result, as in the poll.

Floyd could have done what he did in the 10th in round 1 if he wanted to. I didn't factor in that he would want to extend the fight to please PPV buyers.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

I read all of this and thought "wow, this is some of the dumbest shit I've seen written on this site." Then I saw who it was posted by. I can never really tell if you're trolling, or really are as stupid as the stuff you write. I guess you win?

madman

I read all of this and thought "wow, this is some of the dumbest shit I've seen written on this site." Then I saw who it was posted by. I can never really tell if you're trolling, or really are as stupid as the stuff you write. I guess you win?

Here's a hint: He's a grown man living w/his parents and the only job he can get involves finding boxes on one shelf and moving them to another shelf.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Here's a hint: He's a grown man living w/his parents and the only job he can get involves finding boxes on one shelf and moving them to another shelf.

There's no denying fami is a.....boxing expert :keke:

Not sure what's wrong with the post in question though. MMA is not a real sport IMO. The athletes are amateur level. You can go to a rough bar and witness similar fighting skill if that's your thing. Very ugly to watch and unnecessarily violent and dangerous. Boxing, OTOH, is an actual fucking sport, with a rich heritage and traditions.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Not sure what's wrong with the post in question though. MMA is not a real sport IMO. The athletes are amateur level. You can go to a rough bar and witness similar fighting skill if that's your thing. Very ugly to watch and unnecessarily violent and dangerous. Boxing, OTOH, is an actual fucking sport, with a rich heritage and traditions.

lmao, "rich heritage and traditions," it sounds like you're talking about fucking craft beer or some shit. Boxing is the equivalent of only using the top 3 buttons in Street Fighter. They did that with the original Sega Genesis controller, and guess what? Nobody liked it.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
MMA. More Like MMGAY.

Truth is though a boxer stands very little chance in the octagon. He has to strike gold by getting that early shot to the point of the chin. If a take-down happens, it's almost guaranteed the show is over.

The match up would have to be carefully chosen and there would have to be restrictions to make it "competitive".

As good as Triple G is I wouldn't put him in the octagon with, let's say, a gorilla of a wrestler like Romero. Maybe let's have him face a striker like say Machida. The only rule being no takedowns allowed. That way the fight is kept standing and it's a striking exchange. Should be fun, imo.

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
I meant the actual result, as in the poll.

Floyd could have done what he did in the 10th in round 1 if he wanted to. I didn't factor in that he would want to extend the fight to please PPV buyers.
Conor did throw 500+ punches to Floyd's 200+ punches. Think that had to do with fatigue? He wasn't as efficient as Floyd.
Do you think Pacman did better against Floyd?

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
There's no denying fami is a.....boxing expert :keke:

Ever hear Ali, B Hop or Floyd sr talk?