Final predictions: Mayweather vs McGregor

How does the fight end?

• Mayweather by decision

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Mayweather by KO

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Mayweather by TKO (ref stoppage, corner stoppage, etc)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Mayweather by DQ

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • McGregor (pick this if you are dumb)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Lol, he doesn't know how to slip. He's just use to eating weak shots from MMA fighters who don't know how to punch. JK

I think MMA is more exciting to watch and I think it's real fighting. Not everyone in a real life situation is going to want and just Bare Knuckle Fight. Real fighting involves grappling, kicking, stand up, etc. Boxing involves great foot work, endurance, good hand eye coordination, defense and combinations. That being said, I always loved boxing. I'm always down to watch a good boxing match and it's not dull at all. I've seen some MMA matches were fighters have shit stand up and spend all 5 rounds on the ground trying to submit one another. Now that's dull.

MMA fighters have no business getting in the boxing ring with Professional Boxers and Vice Versa.

Agreed. That's what I've been saying, MMA is real fighting, Boxing is a sport that has as much in common with MMA as it does with arm wrestling.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He didn't slip shit:
B8mLNqo.gif

Show the other angle. Out of all those only about 2 landed and not clean either.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Show the other angle. Out of all those only about 2 landed and not clean either.

He wasn't defending himself, was a liability, no doubt being such an expensive asset to those with vested interests, the ref had been instructed to stop the fight under such conditions, maybe even to favour Mayweather. Whatever the case some refs would have let the fight go on though this was not a competitive fight (don't think Mayweather deserves that notch on his belt, McGregor got a shot because of hype, boxers of the stature of Mayweather usually have to have merit in order to get a fight with the champs).
It was an exhibition match and a stoppage was justified given McGregor was a vip tourist of sorts

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This thread is gay. Super homo...

There is something to be said when men passionately watch other men in boxer shorts, with muscles glistening from sweat, touch each other until one capitulates from becoming lumpy and hardened. Every man who watched the fight was a faggot, and when they accept it and seek the touch of other men, they will achieve true happiness.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
There is something to be said when men passionately watch other men in boxer shorts, with muscles glistening from sweat, touch each other until one capitulates from becoming lumpy and hardened. Every man who watched the fight was a faggot, and when they accept it and seek the touch of other men, they will achieve true happiness.

how about woman's boxing?

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

:drool:
I don't mind the gayfactor which is a real thing but being repulsed by it somehow seems a little hipocritical with the likes of some members (as the Bible sais, he who smelt it delt it (not you )

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
However gay you think boxing is, MMA is ten times gayer. About half the fights end up with two dudes humping each other.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I had a chance to watch the fight again, this time sober, and it wasn't even as close as I thought.

McGregor won ONE round. That was it.

And Floyd didn't even consider trying until the 5th round.

In a normal fight Floyd throws tons of jabs, dances, circles his opponent, and talks tons of trash. This fight he came right at McGregor and chose to block most of his punches with his forearms and gloves, which is extremely uncommon for Floyd.

Floyd also didn't look for any major combinations until the second half of the fight. He had plenty of opportunities in rounds 2-4 to unload some big combos and instead just absorbed more punches from his guard.

There is absolutely no doubt that Floyd was actively carrying McGregor. Probably didn't want people to feel ripped off paying $100 for a 2 round fight.

Here are some examples of the difference in handspeed and precision between an MMA fighter in his prime and a 40 year old boxing legend coming out of a two year retirement:

Floyd even cut his sparring short this time because of his aching hands:
giphy.gif

Floyd slips a jab, hits McGregor on the button with a power right, and still has time to block a left uppercut while never moving his left hand away from its defensive position

giphy.gif

Floyd easily blocks a McGregor combination, lays in a combination of his own, blocks a punch from McGregor on the way out, dodges a sloppy running attempt by McGregor, and gives him a nice little hook for his troubles

Here are the punch statistics and the scorecards:

It's honestly a joke that McGregor didn't get any points taken away for his repeated hammerfists to the back of Floyd's head.

mayweather-mcgregor-compubox-punch-stats.jpg

DINq-tCW0AA-jiw.jpg

If Floyd wanted to, he could have fed McGregor about 50 more jabs and cut Conor's punch total in half.

With all of that said, Floyd should stay retired. Even though it was clear he was in complete control and half serious the whole fight, I don't know how he would've held up against a Spence, Thurman, Garcia, Canelo, or Golovkin last night. He'd probably never end up fighting GGG just because of the pure weight difference anyway, but still.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Of course the fight was worked. You just realized this now?

The fight was basically this sans cool factor.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Great stuff thanks for sharing. Did you watch Cotto in action? Comparing the fight you have to feel the real boxing was going on in the west coast that night.
I'm sure Mayweather carried McGreggor some and it was a clause of sorts in order to secure such a large payload.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I knew Floyd wasn't 100% serious but when you've got nearly an entire bottle of Jack down it's not as easy to tell which punches were landing and which weren't.

Watching it the second time, anybody who thinks there was any point in the fight where Floyd was in trouble is insane.

McGregor had NOTHING on his punches even early in the fight. He couldn't KO a super featherweight in a boxing ring, let alone a super welterweight.

If McGregor had gotten in there with someone who isn't such a showman like Golovkin, they might have carried him out of there in a body bag.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Great stuff thanks for sharing. Did you watch Cotto in action? Comparing the fight you have to feel the real boxing was going on in the west coast that night.
I'm sure Mayweather carried McGreggor some and it was a clause of sorts in order to secure such a large payload.

No, I haven't seen the Cotto fight yet. I would have watched it instead of the Mayweather fight live, but I had a few hundred bucks on the latter fight and I was at a watch party with about 20 friends/friends of friends

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Right on.

MMA/UFC fans (and boxing fans to a lesser degree) are today's futuristic marks (the future is now). Kayfabe is very alive and well in those sports.

But you know, It's only going to be a matter of time until Dana White starts getting REALLY greedy or desperate. Whichever comes first. 6 years from now you'll be seeing phoenix splashes off of the top of the octagon, mark my words.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I can't believe Dana hasn't figured out what he should really do: promote different sports all within UFC, as different divisions

UFC MMA division would be what the whole UFC is now, but they could also have a UFC boxing division or a UFC kickboxing division. The IBF, WBO, WBA, WBC, and Ring Magazine all promote their own world boxing championships (plus the lineal championship), so why shouldn't UFC too?

They could put together some pretty ridiculous cards. Imagine three different sports on the same PPV card.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Your average slob wants a homogenized product (with a slick presentation).

Variety/specialized stuff will confuse fans.

EDIT : Although I think this idea might be a good way to reignite the boxing industry.
I've been saying this for years, way before I knew what FMW was. Tag team boxing!

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Your average slob wants a homogenized product (with a slick presentation).

Variety/specialized stuff will confuse fans.

EDIT : Although I think this idea might be a good way to reignite the boxing industry.
I've been saying this for years, way before I knew what FMW was. Tag team boxing!

Leon Spinks is the real-life Balrog/M. Bison.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Boxing was already having its biggest year in a very long time revenue-wise BEFORE this Mayweather fight, which should easily dwarf the Mayweather/Pacquiao fight for the biggest of all time.

MMA is catching up to boxing but it isn't because boxing is doing poorly.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Look at this one:
https://gfycat.com/PleasingSereneGalapagosalbatross

Floyd dodges a straight left, hits him with a right hook, slips a body shot, and then has a clear opening to clean McGregor's clock, but doesn't

I hope McGregor tries to get back into a boxing ring, because it's going to be hilarious if he does.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I hope McGregor tries to get back into a boxing ring, because it's going to be hilarious if he does.
You realize he made more in 1 minute than you will in your entire life? Now that is hilarious.

famicommander

15 Year Member
You realize he made more in 1 minute than you will in your entire life? Now that is hilarious.

I don't blame him for that. He's done nothing wrong by taking advantage of this situation.

But if he gets into the ring again, the payday won't be anywhere near as high and his opponent won't be trying to carry him to make it look good for the cameras.

He's going to get knocked out, brutally.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member

Still better than the "world game"

X3syHee.gif