Final predictions: Mayweather vs McGregor

How does the fight end?

• Mayweather by decision

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Mayweather by KO

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Mayweather by TKO (ref stoppage, corner stoppage, etc)

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Mayweather by DQ

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • McGregor (pick this if you are dumb)

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
This gong show is actually happening tomorrow night. What do you think will happen?

I have Floyd by TKO, referee stoppage in round 3. McGregor will get hit way too often and won't be able to defend himself.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Out of habit, McGregor will lift his leg to hit Mayweather and gets Dairy Queen'd

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I'm with you on that one. FM by TKO. I'm thinking it may go 5-6 rounds.

I'm more hoping though McGregor loses his head and takes out Mayweather with a roundhouse. That would be totally worth it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Floyd would likely sidestep the kick and KO Conor anyway. If McGregor wants to forfeit all his money and dirty it up his best bet is to shoot a leg and take Floyd down. Kicks are too slow.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
If McGregor wants to forfeit all his money and dirty it up his best bet is to shoot a leg and take Floyd down. Kicks are too slow.

If I was McGregor, I'd say "fuck it" and just take him to the ground right at the bell.

famicommander

15 Year Member
If I was McGregor, I'd say "fuck it" and just take him to the ground right at the bell.

Yeah but that would cost him at least 60 million dollars. All his MMA purses combined only add up to like 9 million.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
McGregor will probably be chasing Mayweather all 12 rounds. Mayweather will win by decision...Be nice if the judges decides to fuck him over though.

famicommander

15 Year Member
McGregor will probably be chasing Mayweather all 12 rounds. Mayweather will win by decision...Be nice if the judges decides to fuck him over though.

No way it goes the distance. Floyd will land at will.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist

Mayweather asked for the 8 ounce gloves. He has bad hands so he doesn't always have the pop in his punches, but he'll be looking for the stoppage here.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Mayweather asked for the 8 ounce gloves. He has bad hands so he doesn't always have the pop in his punches, but he'll be looking for the stoppage here.

About 90% of Mayweather's career he's been using 8oz so it's the normal for him, 8oz will favor Conor more. Conor needs to bolt out at bell and swarm Floyd, that's what Floyd hates, when he can't control the pace of the fight. Hatton had the right idea but for some reason just stopped being aggressive.

As much as I hate Floyd, I can't deny his skill. I'm not expecting Conor to win but I'd love a surprise because it does seem like Floyd is underestimating him since he isn't a boxer.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I don't know much about boxing, but I've put a fiver on Mayweather to win in the 3rd round.

I'd love to go to a pub and watch it, but no one I know wants to be out in a pub full of drunk and violent people at 4am Sunday morning :lolz:

famicommander

15 Year Member
Underestimating him?

He's a god damn amateur. And not even a very good one.

This is like CM Punk vs Mickey Gall all over again, except instead of fighting Gall he's fighting prime GSP.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
This is almost certainly going to be Mayweather's last fight so he's going to want to put on a show, especially with it being such an easy fight. So I reckon he'll showboat for 4 rounds then drop him like a sack of famine potatoes in the 5th.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Conor needs to bolt out at bell and swarm Floyd, that's what Floyd hates, when he can't control the pace of the fight. Hatton had the right idea but for some reason just stopped being aggressive.

Hatton stopped because the ref was breaking the clinches and not allowing him to work as he wanted.

But yeah, I agree, you need to cut the ring off and be in Floyd's face. Almost no chance beating him from a distance. Maidana did a good job the first time around. Even though he has some boxing background, Conor is making his pro debut. I just can't see it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
No way it goes the distance. Floyd will land at will.

My understanding this isn't sanction so its an exhibition match...Best way is for Mayweather to run & win...Fan will bitch about Mayweather...If its in the octogon it will be a different story...Mayweather vs McGregor 2 UFC remix. They get another 100 million.

famicommander

15 Year Member
My understanding this isn't sanction so its an exhibition match...Best way is for Mayweather to run & win...Fan will bitch about Mayweather...If its in the octogon it will be a different story...Mayweather vs McGregor 2 UFC remix. They get another 100 million.

This fight is sanctioned, it is not an exhibition.

Mayweather doesn't need to run. He is in no danger at all.

And for the people saying McGregor needs to get inside... not going to be able to. He's going to eat a lead right every time he comes close.

And Floyd isn't dumb enough to try to learn a whole new sport at 40. No way he steps into the octagon.

Last edited:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
"Your boy’s in trouble. Listen, he’s too small. He’s too small. I’m just telling you he’s too small. He’s too frail, his little legs, little core, small head. I’m just telling you the truth. He’s too small".

lol

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Floyd won't try to end it quick because it is hasn't been in his nature in a long time. This isn't Pretty Boy Floyd from the Jr. lightweight to jr. welterweight days anymore, or even his early Welterweight fights. He'll carry Mac for as long as he sees he has nothing then he'll end it.....maybe. No matter what he says that this is "the end", he always has dollar signs and figuring ways to get another match with Mac to get the public. I'll watch Cotto-Kamegai which will be a burner for as long as it goes, have MC with mid rounds TKO, catch 24/7 GGG-Canelo and then watch this freakshow.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Mayweather is going to win by attrition.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Floyd won't try to end it quick because it is hasn't been in his nature in a long time. This isn't Pretty Boy Floyd from the Jr. lightweight to jr. welterweight days anymore, or even his early Welterweight fights. He'll carry Mac for as long as he sees he has nothing then he'll end it.....maybe. No matter what he says that this is "the end", he always has dollar signs and figuring ways to get another match with Mac to get the public. I'll watch Cotto-Kamegai which will be a burner for as long as it goes, have MC with mid rounds TKO, catch 24/7 GGG-Canelo and then watch this freakshow.

He hasn't tried to KO anybody in recent years because of the risk/reward. He doesn't want to damage his fragile hands and he knows he will win on points anyway, so he fights carefully to avoid getting knocked out.

But McGregor is not a threat to knock him out like Pacquiao, Canelo, Maidana, Judah, Cotto, Marquez, Hatton, etc. were.

Floyd is going to make an example of McGregor. McGregor just being in the ring with Floyd is a disgrace to the sport of boxing.

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Speaking of,
who you got?

Without doing to detailed analysis, still have GGG after the years of the matchup being talked about. I still see Canelo as missing the certain right ingredients to defeat him. Danny Jacobs had the right idea but he fought too much off the backfoot and wasn't willing to sit down on that punching power to halt G's forward pressure. He almost had it. Contrary to many peoples' beliefs, GGG isn't as easy to hit as he looks. I feel that the talk from Canelo's camp is they believe that GGG is one dimensional and so easy to hit that they will dominate him and make him look like he is nothing but they are extremely wrong. So, I have GGG mid-late rounds stoppage.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Contrary to many peoples' beliefs, GGG isn't as easy to hit as he looks. I feel that the talk from Canelo's camp is they believe that GGG is one dimensional and so easy to hit that they will dominate him and make him look like he is nothing but they are extremely wrong.

I caught his fight with Lemieux. Big banger but totally ineffective against GGG. As you say, not that easy to hit. Judges distance well.

I also think Canelo's going down. It will take some doing though. The guy is tough. He can bang and counter-punch. It'd be like systematically chopping down a tree. I'm thinking TKO after a serious amount of punishment.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Mayweather will win, but I am not giving him a nickel for dancing around the ring.