Fast Striker, a NEW Neo Geo vertizontal shooter from NG:Dev Team!

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
For CD I'd say $60-80.

I think anything over about $200 for the AES/MVS versions is unreasonable.

itsmattxp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Instead of Fast Striker they should name it BlitzKrieg. fits the German theme.

SSS

neo retired
I have the skills to do things you could only ever dream of doing, so don't assume things about me asshole.

Unlike me, who has helped countless people, I haven't seen you give one single piece of useful technical advice on this forum. And my Mum would probably be better than you with a soldering iron.

you sound alot like that bipolar electricgrave dude.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I paid $60 for my ngcd copy of Last Hope. It was used, but I felt it was a fair price (like mint)

$80 is my top end for a new cd release

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
the screens look pretty awesome and I would love to play and support it.

But I'm not a AES collector, over 100 bucks for a consumer version and I am out.

I would rather forced limited credits as opposed to forced freeplay however. But It wouldn't be the first time I have had to rely on willpower in a shmup. :)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
With the VAT operating both the importing of microchips and exporting of the final product. I would be quite surprised if even the "consumer" version ends up below 500 US dollars (or 360 Euros) outside the EU.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I doubt a CD release would be possible as in the interview they mention some of the BGs are 128 Mbs. And the NGCD only supports up to 56 Mbs of data at one time.

So...I guess it's going to a game way, WAY out of a lot of people's price range. And judging by the somewhat mixed reviews of the first NGDEV team game, I'm not sure I'd jump on board even if I had the money.

But I don't think they're making this game for me. I think it's more of a personal thing. I doubt they make a lot of money doing this. Seems more like a "break-even" kind of thing, or a passion.

And that's pretty cool.

I wish I had the knowledge to make NG or MD games myself.

P.S. Glad there will be no saccing of superior original NG games for inferior homebrew games this time around.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Any updates on projected cost? I'd like to support this game but if the price is riddiculous then I can't.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
- Game uses 1024 Megs for graphics, with animated backgrounds at 60fps.

Yeah, ok. Doubt it'll look better than any official release post-1991.

With SNK Playmore as a publisher, the two developers are planning to bring the shooter to the last arcades of this world. At this time SNK Playmore didn’t give their OK yet.

SNKP is publishing? Huh.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I mean, if SNK is publishing, would that make this game the last 'official' release? What say you, good denizens.

DON 88T/A

n00b
I think it could depend on how well the initial arcade version does..they said they want to come in well under the current cave games price point..so perhaps that will intice more arcade operators to try it out...the mvs is still popular in some parts of the world so it could do well..if it does,and they make some profit from it,perhaps the "consumer " version comes in at a decent price. I can't believe it would come in as much as the last hope aes version....at least I hope not,as I am interested in the game.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
If they try to compete against CAVE then Fast Striker better be damned good.
I'd like to give it a try but arcades are pretty much dead here in germany. :confused:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It would have been cool if they made it the first neogeo vertical game. sigh.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
It would have been cool if they made it the first neogeo vertical game. sigh.

Never thought of that before, but yeah, that would be very cool. But if they were to do that, they'd probably add another $1000 to the price and claim it was dev costs.

aria

Former Moderator
P.S. Glad there will be no saccing of superior original NG games for inferior homebrew games this time around.

Completely agreed, that's a big improvement.

So...I guess it's going to a game way, WAY out of a lot of people's price range. And judging by the somewhat mixed reviews of the first NGDEV team game, I'm not sure I'd jump on board even if I had the money.

But I don't think they're making this game for me. I think it's more of a personal thing. I doubt they make a lot of money doing this. Seems more like a "break-even" kind of thing, or a passion.

Its always seemed more like a passion thing with, at best, a "part-time job" level of income. NGDEV team doesn't bother me, but...

The very existence of a market for that price range is a testament to the more embarrassing aspects of this hobby.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
They'll probably eventually release it for DC and NGCD at a much more affordable price point, just as they have before.

jjdemu

n00b
I like that they decided to go with the mvs format in hopes that more games can come from this later on. If prices for the carts are too expensive just a wait game in a few years to see what pops up on forums and ebays for hopefully lower prices. Just sucks that local arcades are nothing like they used to be in this area and others in the states.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How many copies of AES Last Hope have you seen on the 'bay? And do they drop in price?

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
I'm fascinated with this idea of a "home" MVS cart and one intended for commercial release. Obviously the arcade release will become the more desirable version, because of its perceived higher value.

I really like the way that NG: Dev Team has approached us as a market. They sac'd home carts for Last Hope, but they were always conscious of the fact that some people (e.g. me) thought sac'ing was a sacrilege, and have consistently presented themselves as lukewarm on the idea.

I like these guys and where they're going with the whole indie Neo Geo thing. Sadly, all independent developers are competing with all video games ever made, and the vast majority of indie devs just don't stack up. Last hope was no prize, but it's encouraging that somebody is trying.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Wheres the last hope rom, oh wait no-one cares.