Fallout 4 Official Thread

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Fallout 3 > New Vegas

Might just be my unpopular opinion for the day, but I'm not a fan of the western theme of New Vegas.

I'd agree with this as well.

Fallout 3 consumed me.

New Vegas did nothing for me. At all.

And the only difference, really, was the setting. I didn't like the Vegas stuff at all.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I never played NV, but man, I did LOVE 3. Played through it at least 3 times.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'd agree with this as well.

Fallout 3 consumed me.

New Vegas did nothing for me. At all.

And the only difference, really, was the setting. I didn't like the Vegas stuff at all.

So like, we have a member here who is an employee at btzda and he told me that they all hate NV.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
So like, we have a member here who is an employee at btzda and he told me that they all hate NV.

Great...so we can expect 4 to be more mindless dungeon crawls in a lovely frag happy FPS package? Great. I'm sure it will make all Metroid Prime fans cum in their huggies...

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I loved FO3 but I was pretty underwhelmed by the new FO4 trailer. It reminded me of CoD 'loldoge' edition. What exactly is new besides the dog and the setting?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I loved FO3 but I was pretty underwhelmed by the new FO4 trailer. It reminded me of CoD 'loldoge' edition. What exactly is new besides the dog and the setting?

I think a lot of people are going to expect this to be like Bioshock.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Honestly, I think I dislike it because it tries to hard to inject a new aspect into the Fallout world. I loved Fallout 3's side quests and weird areas and people.

But I though the NV stuff was just a bit too on the nose with the satire. I liked it a lot more when I was discovering all the strange survivor factions getting by in the wasteland.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Endgame?

At the end of Fallout 3 my favorite thing to do was search the world for nuka cola quantums.

I'd display those like trophies at my house in Megaton.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Endgame?

At the end of Fallout 3 my favorite thing to do was search the world for nuka cola quantums.

I'd display those like trophies at my house in Megaton.
I would do the same but I'd do it at my room at Tenpenny Tower, as I blew up Megaton for the sweet, sweet caps.

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I spent 200+ hours on FO3, that game just sucks me right in with the story telling. Looking forward to spend another 200 hours on FO4!

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Another 3>NV
I think that Dc setting felt more real, sucked me in more.
If you don't like the fps aspect change it to third person, use melee weapons....
want it to be more turned based RPG then use the vats system.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Another 3>NV
I think that Dc setting felt more real, sucked me in more.
If you don't like the fps aspect change it to third person, use melee weapons....
want it to be more turned based RPG then use the geck system.

Yep, I rarely did combat outside of V.A.T.S. I love the system a lot... it's truly the only mechanical piece of Fallout 3 that carries similarity over from it's predecessors, with it's body part aiming/accuracy stuff. I found enemies very hard to kill just by running and gunning actually. Need those headshots.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Fallout 3 was always superior to Vegas. I have literally hundreds more hours on 3.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yep, I rarely did combat outside of V.A.T.S. I love the system a lot... it's truly the only mechanical piece of Fallout 3 that carries similarity over from it's predecessors, with it's body part aiming/accuracy stuff. I found enemies very hard to kill just by running and gunning actually. Need those headshots.

My only issue with VATS in Fallout 3 is this:

Once you get decently leveled there is rarely (if ever) any reason to not go for a headshot. Your headshot percentage is always waaay to high.

And shooting the other parts of an enemies body was rarely important.

I'd really like to see players shooting the enemies arms to take out their shooting hand/reduce the enemies accuracy, shoot rushing melee enemies in the legs to slow them down, etc. Something more tactical instead of BOOM. HEADSHOT!

Magician

20 Year Member
November 10th.......2015

Time to schedule some time off.

Magician

20 Year Member
Checked the work schedule, it's almost all clear.

November 10th through the 19th requested.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Will most likely have some bugs at launch. Should be all patched up by Christmas time for me to enjoy.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Will most likely have some bugs at launch. Should be all patched up by Christmas time for me to enjoy.

LOL....yeah...I'm sure they'll finally release the patches fixing the other broken FO games at the same time as well...

Magician

20 Year Member
A bug free Bethesda game would be like a strip club without tits and ass.

It just wouldn't be right.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Don't give a shit about bugs. I'm pre-ordering this shit. Maybe not the Pipboy version, but definitely some version with season ass.