Fallout 4 Official Thread

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I still need to decide on a system...

As much as I hate Sony...I hate MS even worse. Like I said before, I'm using this as an "excuse" to upgrade my home system. I'd like a new, high 40", low 50" LED set to replace my aging LG LCD and more than likely a PS4. I'm guessing this will be a Jan/2016 purchase for me...

Concerning the game, the videos they showed yesterday was promising. Like the original teaser, it really is "same old, same old"...but there seems to be so much more polish to this game, so much more detail. From vehicles, enhanced 1st person views and even tiny details like Vault Boy displaying player damage in an animated fashion and glowing barrels on the gatling...this seems to be what we all love, but more and better polish. Personally, I'm perfectly ok with that.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
The customization options on the standard weapons is a very nice touch.

The ability to custom-build your home base put it over the top.

Between having multiple home bases and all the various locations from the concept art shown it makes me wonder how big this world will be.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
The customization options on the standard weapons is a very nice touch.

The ability to custom-build your home base put it over the top.

Between having multiple home bases and all the various locations from the concept art shown it makes me wonder how big this world will be.

That video is pretty awesome...man, my wife isn't going to like that much. I can see that world building eating my time...in mass chunks. Weapons customizing is another huge plus...as is adding actual value to the various items in the world, which before had zero purpose.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I was playing Skyrim yesterday, building my hizzouse and thought... I wonder if FO4 will let you build a house. YEP.

But it isn't a selling point. I'll get the game anyways, do some quests until I run out of those, then kill everyone before calling it a day.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My only issue with VATS in Fallout 3 is this:

Once you get decently leveled there is rarely (if ever) any reason to not go for a headshot. Your headshot percentage is always waaay to high.

And shooting the other parts of an enemies body was rarely important.

I'd really like to see players shooting the enemies arms to take out their shooting hand/reduce the enemies accuracy, shoot rushing melee enemies in the legs to slow them down, etc. Something more tactical instead of BOOM. HEADSHOT!

Good points. Would make for much more realistic fights. They should have never put in that perk that makes it easier to make headshots, it breaks the game.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Good points. Would make for much more realistic fights. They should have never put in that perk that makes it easier to make headshots, it breaks the game.

If you choose to use it..

Going to the thread in the War Room on RPGs...I like "god mode". One of my favorite thing to do in older RPGs was grind until I was strong enough to shred through people. I've never been a "slowly turn up the heat" kind of player where it just gets tougher as you go on. Giving players the choice to do this...or NOT to do this seems like good design to me. Ah...a choose-your-own-adventure-book...if you wan to use VATS head shots, please turn to page 69...

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
One of the things I'm most excited for is that the game seems to have different weather in places. Hopefully it's dynamic and changes randomly in different locations.

Magician

20 Year Member
I'm really curious about possible changes to the perks.

I have to imagine that the comprehension and educated perks will be removed.

With these perks and enough points in the intelligence stat you could max every skill.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone else here playing the IOS app? It's a decent sims style vault manager.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If you choose to use it..

Going to the thread in the War Room on RPGs...I like "god mode". One of my favorite thing to do in older RPGs was grind until I was strong enough to shred through people. I've never been a "slowly turn up the heat" kind of player where it just gets tougher as you go on. Giving players the choice to do this...or NOT to do this seems like good design to me. Ah...a choose-your-own-adventure-book...if you wan to use VATS head shots, please turn to page 69...

The perk itself was just too powerful. Maybe on a subsequent playthrough I wouldn't have chosen it, but on a first playthrough - how was I to know?

And I'm definitely not a min-maxer when it comes to Bethesda games. I like to be able to do a little bit of everything.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bump

So I've heard that the intelligence stat has been altered, for the better I think.

Intelligence will no longer determine how many skill points you get, instead it determines how many bonus experience points you get.

It sounds like Fallout 4 will adopt a perk system just like Skyrim's, the more you use a skill the faster it levels, with perk points awarded every time you level up.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I liked San Andreas (think I saw V uses something similar) level up system.
You ride a bike you level up on riding bikes and get better at it.
It could kind of break Fallout though. One of the first things I do is max out lockpicking and hacking so I can go almost anywhere.

Magician

20 Year Member
Bethesda has been releasing weekly videos highlighting each attribute in the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. system.

I think it's interesting how Perception will influence your sneaking ability.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Anyone else here playing the IOS app? It's a decent sims style vault manager.

Really worth playing? I downloaded it, but seems like I'll be sitting there pissing around with it for too long. My subway ride is only 10 minutes. No time between classes at school. 10 minutes back. Then I watch HBO shit when I get home. Sometimes chill with my girl (she's busy as shit with her work, or I'd be chillin a lot more).

So I haven't even dived in. I'm more of a big screen vid game player. Unless I'm on a train, plain, or long car ride. Those are quite rare for me these days. Looks cool, but I'm more excited about FO4. I still need to dedicate a real playthrough of 3, and might as well do a NV. Also got Ni No Kuni sitting here begging me to play that half rpg/pokemon/shinmegami hybrid shit Hayao Miyazaki of a game. Damn. I have no time. I'm on anti depression pills that make me just feel blaaaaaah at the end of the day.

How am I gonna play ps4 once I get one? My xbox, ps3, and ps2 all just sit collecting dust. I watch stupid tv shows most of the time.

And you never coming to SE Asia dude? Oh well, dude. Gotta do what's right for you. Wasabi.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
Only a month away now, yet it seems so far...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Only a month away now, yet it seems so far...

I'm going to pass on it for a while...I really chewed on it and finally decided to do this. I just do not trust Bethesda...not at all, they make buggy games and it is maddening. FO-NV left a horrible taste in my mouth, I've never been able to complete it as it crashes to this day.

I'm going to sit back for a while and see how it pans out...let them fix the inevitable ocean of bugs it will have, then dive in at a later date.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
New Vegas was made by Obsidian Entertainment, and shouldn't be compared to the development of Bethesda.
Obsidian has put out a lot of buggy games in their time... KOTOR 2 was a mess, Alpha Protocol had choppy frame-rate and controls issues, even their most recent game South Park:The Stick of Truth was filled with glitches ranging from visual-->audio-->save-game management. If anything I'd say to avoid their games instead...

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda though.

New Vegas was made by Obsidian Entertainment, and shouldn't be compared to the development of Bethesda.
Obsidian has put out a lot of buggy games in their time... KOTOR 2 was a mess, Alpha Protocol had choppy frame-rate and controls issues, even their most recent game South Park:The Stick of Truth was filled with glitches ranging from visual-->audio-->save-game management. If anything I'd say to avoid their games instead...

Yeah...but 3 was just a flaky. Especially when you mixed in the DLC...which made it really bad.

Both 3 and NV were notorious with completely crashing in game on a regular basis...3 would completely lock up my PS3 and would literally reset the thing, NV just comes to a grinding halt and I have to power cycle the system to get it to do anything.

Either way, I love Fallout but I'm going to watch this one closely before I buy a console just to play it.