Domino's prices worldwide

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Yeah, that's how we feel. If it's just me and the missus, we'll happily spend $30 on a good large supreme wood-fired pizza from a family owned restaurant. But when there's kids involved, im not wasting my money on the good stuff when they only eat the cheese, lick the sauce and throw away the base... on half a slice each.

On that note, WTF is it with the way kids eat pizza? My 8-year old daughter has minor surgery with the stuff, removing the cheese/toppings, then eats the crust, then picks off the toppings eating one at a time, then the cheese. I'm pretty picky about table manners, but she manages to do it neatly and in a timely manner so I don't bust her chops.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
On that note, WTF is it with the way kids eat pizza? My 8-year old daughter has minor surgery with the stuff, removing the cheese/toppings, then eats the crust, then picks off the toppings eating one at a time, then the cheese. I'm pretty picky about table manners, but she manages to do it neatly and in a timely manner so I don't bust her chops.

Kids are ritualistic when it comes to food I've realised. What I can't keep up with is when their favourite food suddenly becomes their most hated food... overnight.

Im looking forward to leftover pizza for breakfast.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
That's a screaming deal for $20.

I've said it before and I'll say t again, regionally, Dominos is the best of the chain fast pizza places. The worst of the worst? Pizza Hut...their pizza has become inedible, even when fresh.

I will say that I haven't had little Caesars though...they may be worse.

Papa johns to me is the king of the fast food pizza joints. They came out over here and I nearly lost my mind. Love their pizza

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I stopped eating dominos years ago. They fucked me up. I ordered a hawaiian pizza and I barfed like I've never barfed before. Hadn't eaten anything else that day. Instant ban.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
PapaJohns is pretty fucking good, not gonna lie. John himself might be a son of a bitch but who gives a fuck, I reckon damn near every CEO of a business is so whatever. Great pizzas. Got good memories of eating them while watching dEXTer's Labortory in the 90s and being amazed that the pepperonis were hidden/sunken inside the cheese. Can't beat that. And the garlic sauce! jesus.

Man...

I miss pizza...

maaaaaaaaaannnn........

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
PapaJohns is pretty fucking good, not gonna lie. John himself might be a son of a bitch but who gives a fuck, I reckon damn near every CEO of a business is so whatever. Great pizzas. Got good memories of eating them while watching dEXTer's Labortory in the 90s and being amazed that the pepperonis were hidden/sunken inside the cheese. Can't beat that. And the garlic sauce! jesus.

Man...

I miss pizza...

maaaaaaaaaannnn........

Yeah...you're getting the short end of the pizza stick on that one. Why not have someone from the states send you a care package? Can you get mozzarella cheese over there? Everything else for a simple pizza is safe to ship.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Yeah...you're getting the short end of the pizza stick on that one. Why not have someone from the states send you a care package? Can you get mozzarella cheese over there? Everything else for a simple pizza is safe to ship.

Ehh I live in the capital now, so the pizza joints are...ok/whatever...but I don't eat pizza here enough to care. Truth is having tomato sauce in the pizza is the worst problem.

I dunno if anyones ate durian (the fruit) but there's a pizza buffet here that prides itself on serving durian pizza and, and I just don't get it. That shit is banned inside homes in Indonesia and here it's a pizza topping, the fuck.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ehh I live in the capital now, so the pizza joints are...ok/whatever...but I don't eat pizza here enough to care. Truth is having tomato sauce in the pizza is the worst problem.

I dunno if anyones ate durian (the fruit) but there's a pizza buffet here that prides itself on serving durian pizza and, and I just don't get it. That shit is banned inside homes in Indonesia and here it's a pizza topping, the fuck.

Isn't that the fruit that smells like a rotting corpse?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Isn't that the fruit that smells like a rotting corpse?

That Andrew Zimmern guy on the travel channel once described it as mold mixed with rotting flesh. And it was the one thing he just wouldn't eat.

And like, dudes chubby he isn't pushing many plates away.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Papa johns to me is the king of the fast food pizza joints. They came out over here and I nearly lost my mind. Love their pizza
I agree, but I haven't had them in a while. Its 10x more authentic tasting than the other shit and I do like their sauce. Lots of people complain that the sauce is too sweet or somethng because they don't know what flavor is

That Andrew Zimmern guy on the travel channel once described it as mold mixed with rotting flesh. And it was the one thing he just wouldn't eat.
I tried a smoothie made from it. its fine, it just smells horrible.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Coincidentally went to that pizza buffet that serves the durian pizza tonight and took some pics.

IMG_20170304_202136_HDR_1488637190754.jpg

Go to a McD's here, ask for ketchup and they'll give one packet. Go to a Subway and they'll carefully count the olives (and pretty much everything else). Chinese are super stingy when it comes to western food, pizza is no different - very little cheese, sauce is practically non-existent, toppings are scant. I haven't had Cici's in years but this relatively expensive buffet is comparable or probably worse than Cici's.

IMG_20170304_204016_HDR_1488637211410.jpg

On the left is a new pizza, Spicy Small Lobster Pizza. It tastes as good as it sounds. On the right is durian pizza. It tastes as good as it smells.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Pizza is one of those foods where you can usually tell how it's going to taste just by looking at it. Those pizzas look disgusting. Like something you'd see at a Cici's buffet here.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Small lobster pizza looks suspiciously like crab sticks, or I think they made them change their name to seafood sticks because there wasn't any crab in them. The turkey twizzler of the sea.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I remember when my Vietnamese colleague brought Durian to work. I almost cried. It smells like baby vomit and tastes like what i would imagine guzzling baby vomit tastes like. I tried some. It repeated on me for a good six hours afterwards. Utter filth. Jack fruit is the same.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
It's a damn travesty. Italians should not see that image.

images

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i'm an italian unicorn

I've worked with a few Italians. There's a little crew of them in my work. Up on the third floor, I'm only on the second. They are very passionate about a lot of things. Football, food, clothing, cars, removing the Catholic Church from politics. But one thing they can all agree on, with no debate is what constitutes what dish. A carbonara is always, egg, Parmesan, hot pasta, and bacon bits whipped up furiously to prevent the egg from scrambling but still cook it. A pesto is pine nuts, basil, garlic, olive oil, and maybe some spinach. the cannoli is a Sicilian American thing and they wouldn't know where to get one. And pineapple, along with other fruits have no place on a pizza.

Hundreds of grouchy Italian grannies turn in their graves at the thought of that durian pizza. Thousands of Italian chefs are brought to tears by this durian pizza. Gianluigi Buffon would fail to save a penalty, because of this durian pizza. What the Chinese have done is waste dough, cheese, and sauces time. My father lived in Napoli for a few years when he was in the navy he still supports the football club, and can mutter some Italian. But that Irish, Jewish, Mexican, and Native American mutt knows despite how many brain cells he lost to drugs. That this durian pizza is a nightmare, and it should be killed.

Picture it: Sicily 1922. Some Asian brings over a pizza that smells like armpits. The locals won't touch it, they all think it's disgusting. Upset that his ideas were not appreciated, and ridiculed for his poor performance he returned home. That Asian was Kim Il Sung. And that pizza was the pie that started North Korea.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I've worked with a few Italians. There's a little crew of them in my work. Up on the third floor, I'm only on the second. They are very passionate about a lot of things. Football, food, clothing, cars, removing the Catholic Church from politics. But one thing they can all agree on, with no debate is what constitutes what dish. A carbonara is always, egg, Parmesan, hot pasta, and bacon bits whipped up furiously to prevent the egg from scrambling but still cook it. A pesto is pine nuts, basil, garlic, olive oil, and maybe some spinach. the cannoli is a Sicilian American thing and they wouldn't know where to get one. And pineapple, along with other fruits have no place on a pizza.

Hundreds of grouchy Italian grannies turn in their graves at the thought of that durian pizza. Thousands of Italian chefs are brought to tears by this durian pizza. Gianluigi Buffon would fail to save a penalty, because of this durian pizza. What the Chinese have done is waste dough, cheese, and sauces time. My father lived in Napoli for a few years when he was in the navy he still supports the football club, and can mutter some Italian. But that Irish, Jewish, Mexican, and Native American mutt knows despite how many brain cells he lost to drugs. That this durian pizza is a nightmare, and it should be killed.

Picture it: Sicily 1922. Some Asian brings over a pizza that smells like armpits. The locals won't touch it, they all think it's disgusting. Upset that his ideas were not appreciated, and ridiculed for his poor performance he returned home. That Asian was Kim Il Sung. And that pizza was the pie that started North Korea.
i feel very passionate about whooping these chinese ass for the durian pizza, and all the other evil pizza in the world.

also romano > parmesan

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i was just complaining to a supermarket employee about how on the touch screen to find my fruits, the tomatoes are always on the god damn vegetable section

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
Whoa, a lot of things about Italians.

@Kim_Kaphwan: I think that most expats tend to radicalize their local traditions; we have several kinds of pesto here.
Never heard about spinach in the original recipe, but for sure I'm more entitled in vg than in cuisine stuff... I see that most people choose the garlic free pesto in the supermarket.
Massimiliano should be from Genoa and his words are more valuable than mine that I write from Tuscany.

Cannoli are a Sicilian thing that you can find everywhere in Italy: but they must have ricotta cheese instead of whipped cream, to be the right stuff.

@Sylvie/Madman: At school they teach us that tomatoes are fruits, but our supermarket-touchscreens show'em in vegetables. so you're both right :D