Doki Doki Majo Shinpan: first SNK game to make some sales?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Kickin|wiNg said:
I got my copy yesterday and it's been 20+ minutes of Text ONLY :oh_no:

Must be doing something wrong because the only thing I've touched is a pile of bananas that were covering a bag in one room. Oh well, on the shelf it goes.

-Kickin' Wing

:oh_no:

kickin wing has a lot of money

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Cernex said:
I think they're making a fuzz about the fact this girls are 12-14, or something like that. Not even GTA has you "touching" little girls, last time I checked.

True dat... but it's still just a game. A rather stupid one, yes... but a game. :glee:
You see the "accidental" grab and flick of teenage boobs in most anime on regular TV in Japan (sometimes even in primetime), so as much as this is supposed to shock me it just doesn't phase me.

Besides, I can think of other games that had worse concepts and ideas... such as an upcoming game based on the TV show Law & Order, which used actual child abduction footage from a security camera. Or a badly designed sniper/shooter where you actually reconstruct the JFK assassination. IMO, this kind of stuff is more offensive than bouncy, 12-14 year old boobs. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go find my stylus...

:multi_co: :multi_co:
*BOINGY*

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
strange that the top sales were almost all Nintendo related... Wow. Incredible how things have changed.
I take it this is the first time you've seen Japan's sales charts in a while?

Nintendo has dominated the top 10 for months.
New Super Mario Bros in particular is fucking insane. You'd figure that by now every kid and his dog owns a copy of that game.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I take it this is the first time you've seen Japan's sales charts in a while?

Nintendo has dominated the top 10 for months.
New Super Mario Bros in particular is fucking insane. You'd figure that by now every kid and his dog owns a copy of that game.
I guess with more DS sales comes more New SMB sales.

It's definitely interesting seeing Nintendo at the top again.

VinylBoy

I don't think I have seen a chart that was dominated like this by just one company. Nintendo has about 90% of the top 30. :eek:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I wish I could actually understand the game. If I could read Japanese I probably would've already bought it.

VinylBoy

I find this picture of Knight Rider to be much more disturbing than Doki Doki Majo Shinpan. Is there anyone out there willing to find out if he's a witch? :oh_no: :eek:

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Hentai Sama said:
The only thing I really don't like about this game so far is the breast size of some of the characters. It just looks so silly to me when such young-looking female characters are drawn that way. They would have looked so much hotter with smaller breasts, or better yet, none at all...

Don’t you know that you’re my heeeeeeroooooo~."

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Hmmmm, I was checking out a Famitsu special issue of DS and Wii, and it contained a short Doki Doki Majo Shinpan strategy section, which included a Game Over screen when you lose.... oddly enough, Neo Poke Kun of NGPC's Ganbare Neo Poke Kun fame is featured also in the graphic you get for game over. What an odd cameo.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Just got to the 2nd chapter.

Definitely recommend this game to any fan of dating sims, especially if you're tired of the same old visual novels.

Kickin|wiNg said:
I got my copy yesterday and it's been 20+ minutes of Text ONLY :oh_no:

Must be doing something wrong because the only thing I've touched is a pile of bananas that were covering a bag in one room. Oh well, on the shelf it goes.

-Kickin' Wing

That wasn't a pile of bananas, it was a pompom. That room was the cheerleading club's lockerroom.

It took me about 3.5 hours to complete the first chapter, and the good stuff doesn't start until about the last 1/4.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Hentai Sama said:
Just got to the 2nd chapter.

That wasn't a pile of bananas, it was a pompom. That room was the cheerleading club's lockerroom.

OBJECTION!

Are you sure it wasn't..... A YELLOW BASEBALL GLOVE??