Doki Doki Majo Shinpan: first SNK game to make some sales?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Has anyone actually confirmed what goes on in this game. Any hands-on reports (ho ho)?

Nintendo aren't exactly lax about what they allow on their systems. I bet this game ends up being about as tame as Feel the Magic.

At least, I hope so.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
hanafudaX said:
Nintendo aren't exactly lax about what they allow on their systems. I bet this game ends up being about as tame as Feel the Magic.

At least, I hope so.

Considering it's Cero rating, it's definitely not a hentai game (which makes everyone's complaints even more ridiculous). Though even the official site shows it off as a "naughty" game. I've got a good feeling that there won't even be any panty-shots in this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's not the material that bothers me.
It's the crazy amount of preorders for it that does.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
hanafudaX said:
Has anyone actually confirmed what goes on in this game. Any hands-on reports (ho ho)?

At least, I hope so.
Take a look at the official site. It's a game made for bad people! You're supposed to poke prod and stare at girls until they get excited and reveal that they are witches. At least that's what the previews say.

The CERO C rating is not the B rating galge usually get, so I think it's safe to bet that this is a bit farther out there.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Now Loading said:
Take a look at the official site. It's a game made for bad people! You're supposed to poke prod and stare at girls until they get excited and reveal that they are witches. At least that's what the previews say.

The CERO C rating is not the B rating galge usually get, so I think it's safe to bet that this is a bit farther out there.
It's a selling point, just like how GTA is a game for "bad" people. Wait until the game is released.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
As far as I know Rockstar doesn't ask you if you are a bad person on the front page of their GTA websites... nor do they refuse you access if you don't answer "yes."

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Now Loading said:
As far as I know Rockstar doesn't ask you if you are a bad person on the front page of their GTA websites... nor do they refuse you access if you don't answer "yes."
Yes, but it could be a method of approaching an ad campaign if they wanted.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Now Loading said:

That is a pretty shoddy site!

Yeah, I see what you are saying, but it does also say that you have to understand a woman's heart in order to get them to spill the beans, and that going too far won't get you anywhere. Not that I imagine that bothers anyone, as the game itself sounds total ass!

余りロコツに下心を出してはいけません。
女心を理解しながら、やさしくドキドキさせるのがコツかも知れませんよ~

As for Amazon, I wouldn't take thost stats too seriously. I have seen a lot of unextpected stuff way up in the top ten for pre-orders in the past, and when the actual sales figures have come through, they haven't performed. Still, I can see this selling more than your average SNKP game.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Now Loading said:

I dunno. The PS2 ports of Happiness! and Fate/Stay Night have both gotten C's as well, and the ports of Higurashi and Cross Channel have gotten a D and Cero 18 (E?) respectively. I think DokiMajo's rating is mainly due to the gameplay mechanics, though I could be wrong (and part of me hopes that I am :emb: )...

H

hermegildo

Nothing grabs Hentai Sama's attention like a witch touching game.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
A lot of professional Japanese web pages are pretty bad. The standards are lower. I think a lot of web pages are over-designed.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hentai Sama said:
I dunno. The PS2 ports of Happiness! and Fate/Stay Night have both gotten C's as well, and the ports of Higurashi and Cross Channel have gotten a D and Cero 18 (E?) respectively. I think DokiMajo's rating is mainly due to the gameplay mechanics, though I could be wrong (and part of me hopes that I am :emb: )...

From what I recall the highest CERO rating isn't a E but a Z for 18+.

Now Loading

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Hentai Sama said:
The quality of this game depends on it's CERO rating. Unlike those other games it's not going to have any removed/changed content to lower the rating, so I think it's a bit different. They're pushing Nintendo as far as they'll go with this one.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
The gameplay promises more than the witch touching... I think that's the hook, or the publicity gimmick in other words. Looks like it will feature item collection, hot spots in the environment that you can interact with, and it will have magic battles like an RPG. So, it's a traditional adventure game with RPG elements and witch touching :emb:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
The gameplay promises more than the witch touching... I think that's the hook, or the publicity gimmick in other words. Looks like it will feature item collection, hot spots in the environment that you can interact with, and it will have magic battles like an RPG. So, it's a traditional adventure game with RPG elements and witch touching :emb:

Why must you find merit in everything?

Clessy

Banned
Honestly the game look innovative and fun. The witch battle mode looks like it will actually play decently. Plus the little loli sexual attraction will please japan very much so.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
why can't they just throw her in water and see if she floats

or BURN HER!
Or push her off a cliff with a broom and if she flies on that broom and saves herself the SHE IS A WITCH! But if she dies then she will die a very Christian death.

Good times.