Diablo 3

elixir

NAM-75 Vet

Very nice, I'm a big fan of how this entire blog entry reads like an apology.

They're configuring Inferno due to the astoundingly obvious lack of effort put into creating the mode (literally, quote unquote "we played Inferno to what we thought was difficult and then upped the difficulty 10 times"). Bosses are easier than the blue/yellow mobs, blue/yellow mobs have randomized attributes, randomized attributes lead to impossible scenarios that people can't cope with. These kinds of enemy attributes need to be categorized in some manner--not randomly tacked-on to mobs and expect the player to deal with:

- Arcane. They shit out rotating lasers of death.
- Avenger. They get stronger if you kill part of their party.
- Molten. They throw fireballs at you off-screen.
- Frozen. They pop up frost orbs all over the screen.
- Jailer. The enemy freezes you in place.
- Vortex. The enemy pulls you to them.
- Invul. The enemy has invincible allies that must be kited.
- Reflect. Reflects any damage done to them.

The shit hits the fan when any of these are in combination. It might work for lower difficulties, but it's completely out of the question for Inferno. If you're wondering why bosses are easier, it's because they don't have any of this shit. Especially when it's something like Reflect + Vortex. What are you supposed to do in this situation? Attacking them hurts you, and you can't move. Is lowballing the auction house also meant to be part of progressing through Inferno? It isn't written anywhere.

I really don't think Blizzard made Inferno mode with the intention of making the game completely unenjoyable, unplayable, or forcing people to skip around the map because you're unable to deal with any of the enemies. I'm sure my 45,000-49,000 DPS Demon Hunter will be useful at some stage.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I don't mind Blizzard taking the servers offline for maintenance, but 8 hours is a little excessive. They really need to find a way to cut that down.

I had the Diablo urge so I made a Sorcerer in the first Diablo. I haven't played it since it came out. Seems like some pretty fun clicky click action. I think I'll try and clear out a few levels and then make a warrior.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
With 50 hours of gameplay I've only found 3 Legendary items.

They weren't any good for the characters I was using. I foolishly salvaged one and have the other two in my stash. They're low level, but should make good gear when I start a Demon Hunter.

3 in 50 hours is pretty good. I'm not sure what my playtime is but I think I'm probably close to that. The legendary chest armor I found was quickly replaced with a yellow drop about 20 mins later with the exact stats I wanted and 2 sockets. I was actually happier when I found that. I'll have to add you to my friends. I don't remember the numbers after my battle tag off hand but Jake and Ghost dog have me on their lists. I'll find you tonight.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
God damn, I am on act 2 of inferno, 80+ hours, and haven't see one legendary item yet :(

Not that the items would even be useful most likely, its just fun finding them.

That was part of the fun of doing runs in D2, that small chance of a SOJ, occy etc dropping after each run.

I am only doing 28k dps right now with my DH Elixir, I am pretty sure Act 2 isnt even going to be possible.

Also, I lol'ed at the blizzard employee post saying "we have see many undergeared people attempting inferno, its best to farm act1/earlier acts to get geared up." Uhh, when in act1 inferno or act4 hell do the mobs drop 1100+ dps weapons, because I havent seen any.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
All my legendaries were found on Normal. They're decent for the level requirement, but I had better stuff at the level I found them at.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
All my legendaries were found on Normal. They're decent for the level requirement, but I had better stuff at the level I found them at.

Fritz

15 Year Member
Infernal Chicken - Waller Vampiric fast teleport vortex arcane jailer - gg little kid

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hahaha.

I hope they don't have extra health. That's a lot of them to deal with.

That video is great.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I am only doing 28k dps right now with my DH Elixir, I am pretty sure Act 2 isnt even going to be possible.

Until they actually adjust Inferno to some degree, we're not going anywhere. :crying:

I guess you could simply hop from dead body to dead body with a friend, using Smoke Screen + Lingering Fog and Preparation, gets me pretty far. Have fun with those insta-killing, teleporting snakes in Act II Inferno though. My friend has a DH with 28k HP and still dies instantly. I'm not even going to bother with Vit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Game has only been out 2+ weeks now.

I am willing to give Blizzard some time for them to get Inferno mode where they want it.

Fritz

15 Year Member
There are several issues with inferno as it stands.

1. The rare drops in inferno Act1 and Act2 are junk. The majority of them being weapons. I have found close to 100 rares in inferno so far and all the weapons have laughable damage. Amulets and Rings can yield a decent drop, but they come up rarely. You will need to buy a weapon from the AH in the 800 to 1000 dmg range.

2. In acts 2/3/4 the monsters hit brutally hard. If you want to play as a group in inferno you are going to need to practice together, and really get down a good strategy. Trying to use the bnet match system is a joke. It is guaranteed that in almost any inferno game in act3/4 at least one or two of the slots will be with idiots zoning in and out or just screwing off in town/on their own. You "cannot" succeed unless all fours players are on the same page. In which case, unless you have a group of people you know to play inferno you are stuck trying to solo content. They need to rework this issue. One solution is to only adjust the monster strength based on characters actively in the area. If someone is in a different act/quest area or in town it shouldn't effect the monsters strength.

3. The AI on elite/rare packs sucks. So to make up for that they filled them with annoying affixes. This was present in D2 also, but I was hoping things might of evolved since then. Why they want you to farm these I don't know, but its really high on their priority list. As I said, too bad the AI is so shitty on them since they make up a significant portion of the end game.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
i should finish up Normal today

29 Barbarian

could have finished it earlier but i'm taking my time

game is making me wish i wasn't working so much and had more time to play it

once i finish Normal i'll open my games up for invites

good times so far though

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm not sure if this has been confirmed or not (I don't read D3 boards), but the optional dungeons and events are randomized, right? Like on each play through I'm keeping track of what dungeons I need in order to get achievements, and every now and then I'll get mini dungeons that weren't there on my first or second play through, or on another character (I'm assuming this holds true for events, and maybe even books). I remember finishing the first act for the first time and knowing I searched every nook and cranny and I was still missing so many things. I guess you're supposed to just play it over and over and over again while searching 100% of the map each time and just hope to 100% somewhere down the road?

cannonball

15 Year Member
I guess you're supposed to just play it over and over and over again while searching 100% of the map each time and just hope to 100% somewhere down the road?

This is correct. Each area usually has a few uncommon to rare dungeon spawns or world events and you need to play through more than a few times get all of the lore tomes, etc. This holds true for what rooms/tomes spawn inside each dungeon as well. Each time you "Leave Game" and "Resume Game" it resets so it's pretty easy to keep playing an area until you get what you were looking for.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
This is correct. Each area usually has a few uncommon to rare dungeon spawns or world events and you need to play through more than a few times get all of the lore tomes, etc. This holds true for what rooms/tomes spawn inside each dungeon as well. Each time you "Leave Game" and "Resume Game" it resets so it's pretty easy to keep playing an area until you get what you were looking for.

Ah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the clarification. Is there a list somewhere that has which dungeons spawn in which areas? So that way if one area has 3 dungeons that spawn there, and I have them cleared, I know to move on to the next.

cannonball

15 Year Member
This page lists all of the rare dungeon spawns for act 1. There are links at the bottom for act II, III, and IV. I don't know if anyone has compiled a list of all of the lore tomes and locations yet for the achievements. I'm sure some of the wiki sites are working on it though.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
That's awesome. Act I and II are the longest, so it's great that they have at least one of the "big Acts" finished. I'll have to get started on filling in the tiny holes in my achievement list. Thanks a lot.

Maybe the OP should edit that link in the original post.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
This page lists all of the rare dungeon spawns for act 1. There are links at the bottom for act II, III, and IV. I don't know if anyone has compiled a list of all of the lore tomes and locations yet for the achievements. I'm sure some of the wiki sites are working on it though.

It's also inaccurate. Dark Cellar isn't always open nor contains a chest, and sometimes has a treasure goblin or rare/yellow enemy. Dank isn't always open, but when it is, always has the purple enemy named Sarkoth and two regular Quill Fiends. Perhaps I've played this too much considering how long it's been out.

I could literally enter Act IV Inferno, buy a bunch of garbage from the vendor, and sell them for a profit on the Auction House at twice the price without having contributed anything of value to the economy. Truly, Diablo 3 is the America of games.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If anything, it's a starting point. I'm missing maybe 10-15 things (Dungeons, lore books, events total), so this is at least a place to start.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Anyone else play on the hardcore server? I just started Nightmare and would like to find some people to play with as I've only been solo thus far. I don't think I want to risk opening a public game.

Marek

Banned
So guys, I really need to know whats up with teh rares.

What have you guys found that you think is ballin?

How cool are armor sets?

How varied are all the weapon/armor procs? Anything new from D2?

Have any Holy Grail items surfaced yet?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I just started a hardcore barb. My gear suxorz though.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finally got to Act III in Nightmare. My friend and I are going pretty slow through our playthrough - only playing 1 to 3 times a week.