Diablo 3

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
This game is all about loot. So any exploit has to be nerfed pronto or see the AH's become worthless. Bliz has been doing the same thing for WoW for ages.

They could have adjusted the Smoke Screen's cooldown without actually adjusting the length, left the entire thing alone and made it cost more Discipline, and so on. The skill is not entirely useless now, providing you're using the appropriate passive skills to match. "Kiting" is still possible, but I'm disappointed that I won't be able to resurrect others reliably any more.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Here's what I would use at 26:

Primary: Crippling Wave
Rune: Mangle

Secondary: Tempest Rush
Rune: Tailwind

Defensive: Blinding Flash
Rune: Self Reflection

Techniques: Dashing Strike
Rune: Flying Side Kick

Focus: Cyclone Strike
Rune: Implosion

Mantra: Mantra of Evasion
Rune: Hard Target

Passive Skill 1: Chant of Resonance (Fleet Footed is good for farming since you have lower spirit use)
Passive Skill 2: Seize the Initiative

This build is good for farming as well as tanking at your level. You basically use dashing strike to get to key targets, then cyclone strike to pull them in and then spam crippling wave. If you're in a group, you adjust these tactics for control for tanking purposes. The monk is about AOE damage and mob control - single target damage is poor. At lower levels the monk can farm faster than any other class (WD overtakes this at higher levels but the monk is still second best).

Edit: Also, like I mentioned before, the key to this build is Seize the Initiative. Stack dex above all else followed by vitality. Go for high armor pieces if possible as well as spirit regen and life on hit. Use a fast fist for main hand and offhand a shield with high armor and high dex, no dual wield. With this build and proper gearing at 26 your hp should remain at max the whole time and you'll have good mob control.

I tried this build out, except for Mantra of Evasion. I was using the Healing Mantra. I forgot about the Evasion mantra. I think I want to switch to that for the insane dodge. I'm at level 31 now :D

It's pretty fun and my friend playing a Wizard like it as well. I would pull everyone together and then he would spam some Ice attack or that Orb attack. We were really just ripping through normal difficulty.

Seems like any build can get through on normal, looking forward to the increased difficulty in nightmare and normal. I just got to Act 4 with my Monk but I've only been running my Monk with my friend.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Just beat Diablo on normal tonight with my Doc. Whoever said that Act 4 ends too quick compared to 2 and 3 was right on the money. It took me a few days to clear 2 and 3 and I was able to do the tail end of 3 and all of 4 tonight. The last act kinda felt like a letdown to me. I hate using the word but being in the middle of that massive battle in act 3 was epic. It was awesome getting the troops to rally behind you, four had that but for me it ended way too quick.

I ended up using a lot of Duf's tactics. I kept my dogs on poison and used next of kin that will sometimes respawn another dog after I use em' as a bomb. I was able to cut down a lot of bosses health real fast, just sucks running around trying to not get hit as they recharge. I also love the Acid Rain. I keep that with the one perk where the little fetish guys will come out randomly and will help stab away at mobs. As far as the fourth power for him goes I stick with the Gargantuan and use the rune that makes him grow whenever there's a rare monster. The one drum circle looks like it'd be good in a party, but when I solo, I like to keep the big guy out and just spit poison and throw my mana spiders.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
Well, I just unintentionally pulled this off, skipping half of Inferno.

UEE8T.jpg

Supreme beta testing, Blizzard.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I also got an achievement last night that said I beat all of the bosses in one sitting. I ended up getting it when I warped to town to sell off stuff.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just beat Diablo on normal tonight with my Doc. Whoever said that Act 4 ends too quick compared to 2 and 3 was right on the money. It took me a few days to clear 2 and 3 and I was able to do the tail end of 3 and all of 4 tonight. The last act kinda felt like a letdown to me. I hate using the word but being in the middle of that massive battle in act 3 was epic. It was awesome getting the troops to rally behind you, four had that but for me it ended way too quick.

I ended up using a lot of Duf's tactics. I kept my dogs on poison and used next of kin that will sometimes respawn another dog after I use em' as a bomb. I was able to cut down a lot of bosses health real fast, just sucks running around trying to not get hit as they recharge. I also love the Acid Rain. I keep that with the one perk where the little fetish guys will come out randomly and will help stab away at mobs. As far as the fourth power for him goes I stick with the Gargantuan and use the rune that makes him grow whenever there's a rare monster. The one drum circle looks like it'd be good in a party, but when I solo, I like to keep the big guy out and just spit poison and throw my mana spiders.

I understand the Zombie Dogs don't work too well in the higher difficulties. Apparently the Gargantuan is where it's at as far as pets are concerned. Dart with Splinters for single target damage, and something like the acid cloud. I guess that skill (Soul Harvest?) that boosts your intelligience really makes the witch doctor powerful. I just hate that it lasts for like 10 seconds. You have to cast that bastard all the time. It's just annoying, particularly since it cools down before the harvest runs out - why not just give it a longer time it can be in play?

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I can see the dogs getting hit hard in Nightmare so I'll have to see what other spells will go better in the harder difficulty. I keep them out with the Gargantuan and use the one power with the hands that come up to slow anything near me. If they get too close I keep running.

I had a lot of luck finding some good items with tons of Int. Can't wait to see what I'll get now that I'm in Nightmare. On his perks I use the one that cuts enemy damage with poison attacks, since I use Acid Cloud a lot it comes in handy. I then use the extra dog one and finally the one perk that will summon a random fetish that will come out if I use Acid Cloud. I don't really like the "Glob Bomb" because it sits there for a couple of seconds or homes in on an enemy then pops. I just keep the one where I get a bigger splash on all the time. I was using Splinters till I got the Mana Spiders, not sure how much they return in Mana, but it doesn't look like that much so I might just go back to the Splinters.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I don't understand how the gem system works with the auction house. Nobody is selling chipped gems? ...at all? That can't be right.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I've had to switch to a shield and 1h with my monk, and completely re-equip him and change his talents to make him more defensive, tank-oriented. Shit hits way too hard in hell, and it's only going to get worse in inferno. Elite mobs can take 2 to 3 minutes to kill. Bosses require completely different strategies that can take up to 5 minutes to kill sometimes. I kind of miss the mindless killing I was able to do in the first two difficulties.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
Anyone using the Barbarian? I have a lvl 49 one and am curious to see what skill set someone close to me has.

About to finish Inferno and go into hell and I'm already pretty bored with the game. I suppose I need to create another character and use a different class.

Over a decade to make this game :lolz:

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Just beat normal with my Wizard last night. Took me about 24 hours to do it. I'm playing a Demon Hunter now and will play a Barbarian as well.

Nightmare difficulty seems really fun so far. The enemies are acting differently.

I'm pretty hooked.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
On a Chinese forum I frequent occasionally, they've released a gold editor for Diablo III. It basically runs in the background while you boot the game (hook?), exit, use, load game, and the stored gold will be modified to whatever you like.

Can't download it myself, as it requires a certain post count and is only for registered members. I also don't really want to get banned.

As for the actual "hacking of players", it's seemingly related to the ability of inspecting players. They add you as a friend, request to join your party, join, and... something to do with inspection. Actually come to think of it, there was a hack for d2 which let people see other people's gear, I'm surprised they actually integrated such a thing into the sequel legitimately.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Hit 60 with my demon hunter. The rares are finally starting to drop, once you stack you magic find with Nephalem Valor. I actually got 3 rares off of Belial, and 1 off of that spider mini boss right before that point. NV for those who don't know is a buff you get at level 60. For each unique/rare monster pack you kill you get a +15 boost to magic find. It can stack up to 5 times for a total of +75? I think. You must kill a pack within 30 mins to keep the counter going, which isn't that hard to do. Still haven't found a unique yet, my MF may not be high enough.

I have kind of given up on the crafting of weapons/armor right now. I upgraded the smith to level 8, but some of the items now cost 13,000 plus gold and its just not worth it anymore to gamble on it.

The auction house continues to be a broken pile of shit. I have lost items/sales on numerous occasions now. Based on how fucked up the gold AH is, I don't see the real money verion launching for a while.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
The auction house continues to be a broken pile of shit. I have lost items/sales on numerous occasions now. Based on how fucked up the gold AH is, I don't see the real money verion launching for a while.

Yeah man the AH has been pretty bad today. I bought 6 or 7 items about an hour ago and they haven't shown up in the completed tab for me to move them to my stash. I'm pretty sure they're lost in the void. (They show in the log on the tab that I bought them, but the actual items aren't there. They may show up eventually though I hope.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I thought the AH was just down.

I've yet to purchase anything on it.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yeah man the AH has been pretty bad today. I bought 6 or 7 items about an hour ago and they haven't shown up in the completed tab for me to move them to my stash. I'm pretty sure they're lost in the void. (They show in the log on the tab that I bought them, but the actual items aren't there. They may show up eventually though I hope.

"Allegedly" its just really lagged and the items should show up according to blizz tech support, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I put up a few items for auction around 48 hours ago that vanished into thin air. Its pretty messed up at the moment, be careful if making any larger transactions on it. The official b.net forums are full of pissed off posts over it.

I am just playing my Monk right now until the AH is useable again. Farming at level 60 in act 4 hell diff is a very tedious grind unless you are dishing out at least 10k dps. And you wont be getting a level 60 req 750 dps weapon off anything in act 4 hell, so you are stuck using the AH.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm on Act 2 nightmare with my friend. This game is great. GREAT.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Finally had a legendary drop tonight. Stats sucked though. Been bouncing between Wiz and Barb this weekend. I love both classes so much. I need an extra 8 hours in the day because this game is dangerously addictive.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173

The newest blog on changes coming to the game. Glad their changing the Jewel Crafting. I got so pissed off when I tried to make some perfect gems that I saved up all my money and finally got the 10 pages of JC'ing only to find out I need MORE pages as well as gold to make my gems higher. Glad the Blacksmith hasn't done that to me...yet.

Also, I got a Legendary Necklace the other night. Word to the wise. Don't play the game on lack of sleep. I barley glanced at the stats and just saw the int since I was on my Doc and gave the necklace to my follower. The next day on more sleep I looked at it and I was a fool for not putting it on myself.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Finally had a legendary drop tonight. Stats sucked though. Been bouncing between Wiz and Barb this weekend. I love both classes so much. I need an extra 8 hours in the day because this game is dangerously addictive.

With 50 hours of gameplay I've only found 3 Legendary items.

They weren't any good for the characters I was using. I foolishly salvaged one and have the other two in my stash. They're low level, but should make good gear when I start a Demon Hunter.

MegaGraffin

Edo Express Delivery Guy
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173

The newest blog on changes coming to the game. Glad their changing the Jewel Crafting. I got so pissed off when I tried to make some perfect gems that I saved up all my money and finally got the 10 pages of JC'ing only to find out I need MORE pages as well as gold to make my gems higher. Glad the Blacksmith hasn't done that to me...yet.

Also, I got a Legendary Necklace the other night. Word to the wise. Don't play the game on lack of sleep. I barley glanced at the stats and just saw the int since I was on my Doc and gave the necklace to my follower. The next day on more sleep I looked at it and I was a fool for not putting it on myself.

Well I read the link...I'm level 40 and have yet to see one legendary item...guess that isn't so bad considering they somewhat acknowledge legendary items need to be buffed..

I'm on Act 2 in Nightmare and I'm definitely starting to see the difficulty ramp up...Not necessarily on "boss" characters, but more on the blue/yellow mobs that have some weird combination of powers (a bunch of wall making molten fireflies...wtf!!!!), or there's just too many of them to kill...I die, and it's pretty fast, but regular mobs still aren't a problem..Read on some board that you need health per hit, mantra of healing, and attack speeed increase on gear for higher levels, so that's what I'm starting to buy and gem for.

I think I need to get to Inferno with my Monk first before I start a new character...I think it'll probably be a Wizard.

Also...Why isn't elective skill selection the default choice????

P.S...Starting using the Mantra of ?...but the rune is overawe and it gives you 24% more dmg (48% more in the first 3 secs i think)...I'm kind of liking this more than the healing mantra.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've gotten 3 legendary items so far and I'm only lvl 33, my magic find is at 65% right now (normally when I play RPGs I always buff luck up due to better criticals and drops) so I guess I'm kinda lucky with what I've gotten so far

Last edited: