Diablo 3

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Blizzard aren't going to admit accounts with authenticators have been hacked, else nobody would bother. Sometimes saying nothing is the strongest tool. I KNOW they have been.

While it may be possible to hack authenticators I find it highly unlikely. (Now Elixir, you may have real life knowledge that trumps me. Also I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee.)

But as I understand it security tokens, and I assume the mobile apps are just an off shoot, are run by a 3rd party system. So even if Blizzard was hacked you still wouldn't have the necessary token code to break into a users account. You would need to hack both Blizzard and the token company. Off hand, I would guess Blizzard is using RSA SecurID that's used by most big business and government agencies. This security system has been hacked only ONCE. Where early last year their token algorithm was stolen. Which was followed last summer with millions of tokens being re-issued with a new algorithm.

Last edited:

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Blizzard aren't going to admit accounts with authenticators have been hacked, else nobody would bother. Sometimes saying nothing is the strongest tool. I KNOW they have been.

I'll believe Blizzard long before I'll take your word for it.

It seems they've quietly made it so enemies don't scale in co-op any more. Elite mobs still have randomized attributes though, which break the flow of the game. I wonder if they still have something in mind for that...

They announced the co-op change a week ago in the patch preview. There's a link to it in this thread. As for random attributes, why would they change that? What's wrong with it as is?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Real money auction house is up. The prices will probably be retarded for the first month or two. Everybody wants to unload their weapons for $250 a pop, lol

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
They announced the co-op change a week ago in the patch preview. There's a link to it in this thread. As for random attributes, why would they change that? What's wrong with it as is?

Even though I have that patch by now, I am still getting the "monsters have grown stronger" message in public games. Also, the monsters ARE still stronger but maybe not as much. I'm wondering why they even needed to change it at all? Diablo II was like that and it was fine. In fact, most people liked to play with "Players 8" because of the increased exp, at least in Open, or just do runs in a closed mules game.

That stupid "Your loot is yours" message that comes up EVERY TIME is getting annoying.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Even though I have that patch by now, I am still getting the "monsters have grown stronger" message in public games. Also, the monsters ARE still stronger but maybe not as much. I'm wondering why they even needed to change it at all? Diablo II was like that and it was fine. In fact, most people liked to play with "Players 8" because of the increased exp, at least in Open, or just do runs in a closed mules game.

That stupid "Your loot is yours" message that comes up EVERY TIME is getting annoying.

Yeah I think it's a horrible change. The monster HP still goes up, but their attack strength doesn't. This game is already a face roll in normal and nightmare. They really didn't need to make it any easier for co-op of all things.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet

The co-op change was hotfixed into the game, not part of this "patch" (to my knowledge is not available yet). Randomized attributes on mobs still break the flow of the game, they even said so in the patch preview. Molten reflect arcane jailer.

How far are you? Saying co-op scaling shouldn't have been done is just funny. Blizzard obviously want people to progress through Inferno and want people doing it cooperatively, not this whole "farm early Inferno over and over for higher ilvl gear on the auction house" wall that people are confronted with when they're introduced to Inferno.

Or free.

I just added a mobile authenticator app to my phone and that was free.

Free is good. I have known a handful of people that have been locked out of their accounts for days/weeks because they mishandled a phone upgrade, or simply had a phone lost or stolen.

One friend lost a longtime account for good this way. Turned out that he and a roommate shared an account way back in vanilla WoW. Said buddy had moved on who-knows-where years ago and had lost interest in WoW within months of release. Fast forward many years, guy loses phone and then couldn't get his account back b/c it was initially in the other guy's name.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
If there's one thing you don't ever do, it's share an MMO account. It never ends well.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Blizzard obviously want people to progress through Inferno and want people doing it cooperatively, not this whole "farm early Inferno over and over for higher ilvl gear on the auction house" wall that people are confronted with when they're introduced to Inferno.

The health on mobs still scales, just not their damage output. This is the way it should have been all along. When you add more people, your damage output increases, so the increased health makes sense, but increasing the damage was just dumb. Bring in 4 people to inferno act IV and your tanks can't stay up anymore because of the damage spikes. Collective survivability increases, but individual survivability stays the same no matter how many people you have. The only advantage is tactics. Mob damage already inherently scales with mob health since the more health the mobs have, the more uptime the mobs have, and therefore the more damage they output. It's just consistent damage over a longer period of time, which is where the survivability challenge should have always came from. It was odd for Blizzard to make this mistake in the first place.

The inferno wall is entirely due to people not gearing correctly or using appropriate builds, which is partially Blizzard's fault for not including PvP in the original release. Obviously you need damage or tanking ability first depending on class, but a lot of people stop there. You need to add utility to your build and survivability to your gear. My demon hunter can clear an Azmodan quest chain inferno act 3 run in about 45 minutes right now and with the exception of an elite hulking phasebeast or soul lasher, he can survive a top damage hit or about 3 low damage hits from these mobs. You just need to have a good balance between vitality, +life %, armor, and resist all. (You'll note this is also what makes good PvP gear, since the damage from any given ability can be 100% ANY damage type.)

My DH has just over 60k base dps (this is without damage buffs - no sharpshooter or cull the weak), over 150k effective health (meaning between armor redux, resistance, and life, it would take over a 150k hit to one shot him), and just under 140 magic find. This is not including the survivability utility of my build, which is based around the Tactical Advantage passive. More survivability gives you a lot more uptime and keeps the mobs from healing which increases your effective dps as well as lowering repair costs considerably.

cannonball

15 Year Member
The co-op change was hotfixed into the game, not part of this "patch" (to my knowledge is not available yet). Randomized attributes on mobs still break the flow of the game, they even said so in the patch preview. Molten reflect arcane jailer.

It was announced in the preview and patched in yesterday. Are you upset they released it early? It's not like it was a stealth change.

"farm early Inferno over and over for higher ilvl gear on the auction house"

This is pretty much what you're supposed to do each act.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
I'm not really complaining, but it is pretty stupid how randomized attributes can make mobs entirely out of place. I only have 88k DPS (with Sharp Shooter), but I don't really know how to progress my Demon Hunter through Act III Inferno at this point. Basically, I'm not going to find 900+ DPS bows in Act II, which probably explains why they're making all ilvl gear spread across Inferno.

Also, I didn't actually need to touch the auction house until Inferno.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Also, I didn't actually need to touch the auction house until Inferno.

In a perfect world they'd give better drops so we'd never have to use the AH, but the drops are so horrible you eventually get tired of farming and never finding an upgrade that you are forced to. I didn't hit this point until Hell Act 1 on my HC barb. And since at this point the game actually gets remotely challenging I had to really start gearing up before trying to progress if I didn't want to lose my char to a bad champ combo.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
53 Barb

doing Inferno now and it's getting tough

can't just mindless hack through things

need to gear up for Hell

looking forward to it

still been mostly going solo

down for games anytime though

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
53 Barb

doing Inferno now and it's getting tough

can't just mindless hack through things

need to gear up for Hell

looking forward to it

still been mostly going solo

down for games anytime though

If you ever see me on and you need help (or just want another person to throw down with), throw me a msg. Most of the time I'm just mindlessly grinding (got my Wizard from 19 to 42 or 43 in the last 24 hours - they level so fast).

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I also challenge anybody to out-gay my banner:

Y2jWil.jpg

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
you all still playing? I'm level 58 I think Witchdoctor, also have a low level monk (19 maybe). I can also get in Whimsyshire on Nightmare so we can grind away and maybe find some legendary stuff.

my battle net ID = jfoe1980#1212

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
If you ever see me on and you need help (or just want another person to throw down with), throw me a msg. Most of the time I'm just mindlessly grinding (got my Wizard from 19 to 42 or 43 in the last 24 hours - they level so fast).

my biggest problem is finding the time to dedicate serious gaming session(s)

whenever i'm on i tend to play for a bit then go off to do stuff (repeat)

it's rare that i'll actually get the time to play for more than an hour straight

also, does Blizzard announce when they're doing maintenance?

i was all excited to get up my normal early hours on my one day off to play this shit for hours on end only to find they're doing server work for like eight fucking hours

hilarious timing really since this happened the last time i had planned to do this as well

totally had to change my Barbarian build around to survive Inferno

those rare enemy types can fuck your shit up super-quickly

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Yeah, you're like me, sometimes I just pop in for a little bit. Blizzard does maintenance every Tuesday which lasts about 8 hours. I remember back when I worked the night shift that it pissed me off because on top of having a shitty shift, I also had Tuesday and Wednesday off (probably the worst days ever), and I couldn't even sink my time into WoW because they'd just start server maintenance whenever I woke up.

cannonball

15 Year Member
Nice to see some activity in here again. I was beginning to think people were already quitting the game.

@Soil: Challenge Accepted. Gay banner incoming.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I'm still playing. Just like everyone else I only have time for an hour here or there.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Nice to see some activity in here again. I was beginning to think people were already quitting the game.

@Soil: Challenge Accepted. Gay banner incoming.

I can't convince myself to keep moving in the game. I've beat it twice on two different difficulties, and now I'm doing the same thing yet a third time... I feel like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me is taking its place here.. I have no further desire to play D3. And that is really upsetting for me to say considering how many hours I spent doing Baal runs and somehow loving it.

-Bill

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Anybody else have that problem where you close your eyes and all you see is gold and items dropping?

i am late to the game, but i got it 2 days ago. Ive had my friend stay the night since we got it and we ended up beating normal mode in 19 hours, 25 mins. Level 32 barbarian, and also a level 12 demon hunter.

Didnt find one legendary or set item. Did any of you find one in normal mode?

cannonball

15 Year Member
I can't convince myself to keep moving in the game. I've beat it twice on two different difficulties, and now I'm doing the same thing yet a third time... I feel like fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me is taking its place here.. I have no further desire to play D3. And that is really upsetting for me to say considering how many hours I spent doing Baal runs and somehow loving it.

-Bill

Maybe the Baal runs were just more rewarding in terms of loot as opposed to D3. The AH and the subsequent nerfed drops takes a huge chunk of reward out of the game. I've finished the game 7 times now on various difficulties and I'm still enjoying it, but who knows how long. You may find hardcore mode more exciting too. I would have quit weeks ago had I not switched to HC I think. I just enjoy killing things and trying new skills out. Eventually this will bore me but I'm not looking for any kind of "end game".

Last edited:

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Maybe the Baal runs were just more rewarding in terms of loot as opposed to D3. The AH and the subsequent nerfed drops takes a huge chunk of reward out of the game. I've finished the game 7 times now on various difficulties and I'm still enjoying it, but who knows how long. You may find hardcore mode more exciting too. I would have quit weeks ago had I not switched to HC I think. I just enjoy killing things and trying new skills out. Eventually this will bore me but I'm not looking for any kind of "end game".

I mean, good for you to have the will power, but I guess I don't know what I was looking for exactly. I am rather disappointed tho. I really wish I was having more fun, just the game has seemed more like a chore than a sub-world for me to dive into and forget about what else I have in the real world lol.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anybody else have that problem where you close your eyes and all you see is gold and items dropping?

i am late to the game, but i got it 2 days ago. Ive had my friend stay the night since we got it and we ended up beating normal mode in 19 hours, 25 mins. Level 32 barbarian, and also a level 12 demon hunter.

Didnt find one legendary or set item. Did any of you find one in normal mode?

Yep, found a mediocre ring. Sold it at auction and got $5. This could be my new job...