Define "gamer condition"

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Yeah he's always starting warning threads for the community about some deal gone wrong. I've personally never really had an issue with ebay or an online sale or trade. If there is I always work something out with the seller. That thread on PCEFX is sad, the guy is throwing a bitch fit over a $10 pack in game lol. When I see those kinds of threads it makes me just not want to ever want to deal with that person at all.

Glad you've been able to dodge a bad sale. I'm very easy to deal with and I rarely leave negative feedback. I had a sour deal with a seller about this JVC monitor I bought. The monitor was listed with an RGB input card, but alas the unit that arrived did not. A lot of other people would of left a neg, but I try to be understanding. We ended up working out a partial refund since I was able to find a replacement RGB card.

Negative feedback can greatly impact a seller on eBay. I mean hell, I've sent messages to sellers on eBay about something not working and they just straight up refund me and tell me to keep the item. It kinda saddens me. Generally speaking they wouldn't do this, but some buyers can be crooked, and threaten a negative if you don't give into their demands.

Professorprofessorson is just the worst kind of eBay buyer. He was throwing a fit over $5 games, yet demanded the absolute cheapest shipping method possible. If we didn't send his way he passive-aggressively threatened that "other ebayers" would report her account because we'd be charging too much money for shipping.

I knew he was trouble when his first message was that he weighed out 3 Mega Drive games in a bubble mailer and knew exactly the weight and how much it would cost. FUCKING RED FLAG!

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I knew he was trouble when his first message was that he weighed out 3 Mega Drive games in a bubble mailer and knew exactly the weight and how much it would cost. FUCKING RED FLAG!

the second that happened, i would have cancelled the order and refunded him. When he asks whats up, i would let him know that the shipping was listed and you wanted to change that agreement post purchase. Also that the action was enough of a red flag that I was no longer comfortable dealing with him.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
the second that happened, i would have cancelled the order and refunded him. When he asks whats up, i would let him know that the shipping was listed and you wanted to change that agreement post purchase. Also that the action was enough of a red flag that I was no longer comfortable dealing with him.

He'd leave negative feedback for that as well. Its like Stella said, there are simply some buyers where its a lose-lose situation for the seller.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
At least you can get some satisfaction knowing that those kind of people have probably had their food compromised on more than one occasion because I'm sure they are the same way at restaurants.

kitkit.com

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
I remember him crying about this forum and getting mad when I asked what he did to piss people off here.

If he is indeed "Michael Helgeson" aka "PC Engine Hell", I remember he pissed off quite a few members here a few years ago.

Monolith is just the worst kind of eBay buyer. He was throwing a fit over $5 games, yet demanded the absolute cheapest shipping method possible. If we didn't send his way he passive-aggressively threatened that "other ebayers" would report her account because we'd be charging too much money for shipping.

Agree. This type of buyer should be avoided at all cost.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
He'd leave negative feedback for that as well. Its like Stella said, there are simply some buyers where its a lose-lose situation for the seller.

You can call eBay before its cancelled and let them know you are uncomfortable with the buyer. They will get blocked and be unable to leave that neg.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
You can call eBay before its cancelled and let them know you are uncomfortable with the buyer. They will get blocked and be unable to leave that neg.

Haha really? I didnt realize that was possible but that would be fucking great to take advantage of.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Haha really? I didnt realize that was possible but that would be fucking great to take advantage of.

i've done it more than once when someone tried to change the terms of the deal post purchase. Needless to say they do not react well.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Good to know, thanks!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
When someone describes an item that is in gamer condition, what does that mean to you?

Reason I'm asking is I sold a couple of rather beat up AES games listed as being in gamer condition and the buyer isn't happy with them. Of one the boxes was kinda falling apart and one of the manuals had a spot of water damage on the back. Other than that, they were in reasonably decent shape. The carts were cleaned, tested and work fine.

In the future, should I specify these types of issues in detail or is "gamer condition" and a pic of the front sufficient for cheap common games?
To me, "gamer condition" means the game is in working condition, good enough condition that a gamer can play it. In other words, not necessarily in good condition at all. I don't know if there is a general consensus on what "gamer condition" means.

Last edited:

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I don't know if there is a general consensus on what "gamer condition" means.

And that's why this thread was created.
Gamer condition to me means the item works and shows normal wear but it is not in terrible shape. If it is in shitty condition than just say it is. Not everyone is looking for mint games, but stuff like water damage, missing pieces, etc should always be pointed out regardless if "gamer condition" is how the item is being described.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There is no consensus whatsoever regarding the descriptions of used items and their conditions. You just know, that it has been used, that's about it. Everything else is unstable, depending on your interpretation and imagination. New items are also difficult. If it says unopened for example, then it's just that. The condition can still be horrible, i.e. the CD disengaged from the holder and has tons of scratches, which not even a photo could show you. A new or unplayed item, after 20+ years of passive-agressive usage, can look like it has gone through hell, water damage & fading included, torn up cover, broken box etc. etc.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Gamer condition is left open to interpretation which I think is a load of crap. The normal grading system might not be perfect but at least it gives us some sort of guidelines we can all try to follow.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Gamer condition is left open to interpretation which I think is a load of crap. The normal grading system might not be perfect but at least it gives us some sort of guidelines we can all try to follow.
Supernatural-Dean.gif

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Gamer condition is what happens to your nice stuff when you loan it out to your dirt punk friends, assuming you get it back at all.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Gamer condition is what happens to your nice stuff when you loan it out to your dirt punk friends, assuming you get it back at all.

My friend's boxer literally shit on a Genesis I had loaned him.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
gamer condition to me is the label maybe be banged up/replaced, cart might be discolored, might have light surface scratches on the cart, no box/kit. The number one thing about gamer condition is it must be 100% working. and legit of course

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
gamer condition to me is the label maybe be banged up/replaced, cart might be discolored, might have light surface scratches on the cart, no box/kit. The number one thing about gamer condition is it must be 100% working. and legit of course

Pretty much this. Pretty much everything about the cart had to be beat up (torn label, scratched cart) to me for it to be considered gamer condition. If for example, the cart is worn and scratched up, but the label is perfect, that'd be a step above gamer condition. Same thing for a clean cart with a beat up label.