Define "gamer condition"

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
This thread:

Well-that-escalated-quickly....gif

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Gamer condition........ my World Heroes 2... card& instruction manual only lol. Also the KOF 2000 I bought years ago, it's like if someone had been doing Yamazaki's special on the cart.

View attachment 32223

PS: Anyone here has or can get a nice scanned World Heroes 2 insert so I can print it over here? lol
I can probably help you with that, I don't remember what condition my insert is in but I do have a shitty oversized scanner at work. Remind me to check later, at work now.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
FUCK YOU BRAH! I AIN'T EVEN DONE ARGUING!

Florida is the asshole of the US. It's like if Youngstown, Ohio was suddenly an entire state.

I say it all the time. Florida is Youngstown with palm trees.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I say it all the time. Florida is Youngstown with palm trees.

Being a Floridian, I have to say this is completely true of everything east and south of Panama City Beach. The far west panhandle coastline is pretty fucking awesome, minus Pensacola and Milton. Don't ever go there. It's like they transplanted all the douche-baggery and AIDS from Miami there, plus all the meth from the Midwest.

Anyways, I'm pretty confident in saying that "gamer condition" implies that the item must be covered in neck-beard sweat mixed with Mountain Dew Code Red, and it's insides must be comprised of no less than 5% Dorito or Funyun crumbs and 2% insect bodies. I'm being conservative with these numbers.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Gamer condition describes a game as having normal wear and tear from use over a long period of time, and suggests that the use was from your average normal person who isn't necessarily the most careful with the game, as if it belongs in a museum.

Edit: Just read more of the thread! I'd like to add, importantly, that to me my first encounter with the term 'gamer condition' was via buying yaton carts, so there's that... meaning the carts are badly beat but always work, and you could also clean them up a bit to make them at a somewhat low level of presentable.

Wyo is like, one of the nicest guys and best sellers on the forum. Nobody's perfect, still, I don't understand how anyone's coming after him...

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
oh, and my .02 - if I paid $70 for both those games, I'd be happy.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
MVS - Game plays perfectly. cartridge shell scratched to hell. Labels may be torn, missing, stained with mysterious fluids, replaced, etc...

AES - Has insertion marks from when some asshole played the game. Labels, inserts and manuals must be blemish free and box must be in perfect condition.

XeD

Super Sidekicks 2
To me, Gamer condition refer to a game that play with out issue and can be inserted without any interference to the main board (shell not tape together)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...us high volume flippers have to stick together.

gamer condition the state of a game after being flipped through many hands worldwide, yet survived to be proud of it; see also Nas' piece in "I Gave You Power".

Last edited:

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
My wife wanted to make some extra cash and to get started selling on eBay. I gave her my lot of loose Mega Drive games to sell. These games all came from Japan when I bought my Mega Drive about two months ago. I'd guess around 20-30 titles.

She lists them and most sell on average about $5-$7 a piece. I made sure she took photos of the front, back, and the game working in the Mega Drive. I also made sure that she put the condition as "acceptable" and to put that due to the age, these are being sold as-is, no returns.

This one buyer ('Professorprofessorson') immediately after winning the bid begins to tell her how he has already weighed out his own Mega Drive games in a bubble mailer and how much the shipping should cost. He also starts "mansplaining" to her how ebay "works" and if you don't do it his way you could get negative feedback from other ebayers.

Anyway, I tell her we shouldn't ship it in a bubble mailer since there are more than two games. Per his insistent request we ship his games in a bubble mailer. He receives them and writes two negatives saying the games were not in good condition and took a lot of cleaning. Another feedback was that he said she was "irked" when he asked to combine shipping.

The only thing we said in response was for him to ask prior to bidding next time for combine shipping. His "bubble mailer" price didn't include a box, or insurance, etc. Also, he said he received a game that was cracked on the back.

His feedback says we didn't pack it well. DUDE?! You asked for it to be mailed the absolute cheapest way, you fucking bastard. Also, you gonna give her practically 3 negs for less than $20 in games??

He goes by professorprofessorson on eBay. Checking his left feedback for other users, he does this a lot.

These games were obviously used and in acceptable condition. He has a Mcdonalds budget, but expects filet mignon. I think he abused his buyer rights. Fuck this guy.

peace.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Thanks for pointing him out Stella, won't be selling anything to him ever.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I vote we war room lock Monolith until he answers these claims...

xROTx

PS. That would mean I'd have to move this to the War Room as well...

...OK OK... We could vote to take away his market privileges instead:D...

EDIT: I don't mind some mob vote thing atm... cuz I'm bored...

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Our member here? I think we need to do some kinda house cleaning ..........
That sux

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Thanks for pointing him out Stella, won't be selling anything to him ever.

I think it was just kind of overkill on the feedback without even contacting us first to list his complaints. She was fooked anyway from the start. If we declined to sell to him, he would have written negs for not selling. There were no winners...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
You mean you hadn't done it already? You're fucking slipping.

...Give a poor azn a break man..:D

xROTx

PS. I just wanted to know... War Room Lock.... and move this thread...

Or Take away market privs...

EDIT: It is sorta tricky... because this happened OUTSIDE the forums... hence, not really applicable with forum discipline... (I'm REALLY trying to be good here guys...)

However, if the vast majority of members wish a response to these claims... when Monolith comes back... then it's one of the few ways of achieving it... is with some sort of privileges revocation...