Dark Souls 3

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Did you find out how to cross the bridge you raise up by the giant in the swamp pool? I need to figure out how to get back up there. I beat the stage though. Now I need to go explore it some more. Think I found most everything.

No I have not figured out what the bridges do.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was on mobile earlier and to lazy to type a proper post, but I wanted to add this:

I thought I had found most everything in the Cathedral until I was reading about a certain NPC's questline and the site made reference to a part of the Cathedral I had not visited. I had a general idea of where this area was, but no idea how to get there. I had to search that place top to bottom twice before I found it.

I have been avoiding spoilers for the most part, but like I said earlier, I messed up a drop of an item to the Crow, and I have a chance to get said item again but it requires that I do not fail a certain NPC questline. And we all know how god damn vague those questlines are. The first part of this guys questline was pretty logical, but I don't know that I'd have EVER figured out the second part. Hidden as all get out. Or requiring dumb luck. Apparently joining certain covenants can cause to fail certain questlines for NPCs as welll. So i've looked a little in to that, but not much.

I have watched a few Let's Play of areas I've already beaten as well.

I found an optional boss:

Spoiler:
Any fought the Stray Demon? He's really, really, really easy - easier than any incarnation of his from Dark Souls 1 (unfortunately IMO.)

Anyway couple points about him: his one hit kill, while cheap as hell, is hilarious. He picks you up like many a dark souls boss, crushes you, you take damage and then you think you're going to get tossed down to chug estus and continue the fight. But no, he throws you off the damn bridge, lol. Like NFL Quarterback throw and you fall like 300+ feet. I was LOL'ing.

Why I liked the Stray Demon was because you're on the other end of the bridge (leading in to Lothric) that you see when you first begin the descent to the Undead Settlement. It is vary cool how the environments actually are connected, and that you get to see them from different angles, even if they weren't elaborately interconnected like in the first game.

One thing I haven't found is a Vendor that sells Miracles.

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I was on mobile earlier and to lazy to type a proper post, but I wanted to add this:

I thought I had found most everything in the Cathedral until I was reading about a certain NPC's questline and the site made reference to a part of the Cathedral I had not visited. I had a general idea of where this area was, but no idea how to get there. I had to search that place top to bottom twice before I found it.

I have been avoiding spoilers for the most part, but like I said earlier, I messed up a drop of an item to the Crow, and I have a chance to get said item again but it requires that I do not fail a certain NPC questline. And we all know how god damn vague those questlines are. The first part of this guys questline was pretty logical, but I don't know that I'd have EVER figured out the second part. Hidden as all get out. Or requiring dumb luck. Apparently joining certain covenants can cause to fail certain questlines for NPCs as welll. So i've looked a little in to that, but not much.

I have watched a few Let's Play of areas I've already beaten as well.

I found an optional boss:

Spoiler:
Any fought the Stray Demon? He's really, really, really easy - easier than any incarnation of his from Dark Souls 1 (unfortunately IMO.)

Anyway couple points about him: his one hit kill, while cheap as hell, is hilarious. He picks you up like many a dark souls boss, crushes you, you take damage and then you think you're going to get tossed down to chug estus and continue the fight. But no, he throws you off the damn bridge, lol. Like NFL Quarterback throw and you fall like 300+ feet. I was LOL'ing.

Why I liked the Stray Demon was because you're on the other end of the bridge (leading in to Lothric) that you see when you first begin the descent to the Undead Settlement. It is vary cool how the environments actually are connected, and that you get to see them from different angles, even if they weren't elaborately interconnected like in the first game.

One thing I haven't found is a Vendor that sells Miracles.

I found the mirae vendor by luck. Thankfully because I am strength /faith and was wondering why the he'll I hadn't found any spells yet. Its actually really tricky. So I will just tell you cause you probably won't get as lucky as I did.

Basically you go to the unread settlement after getting the key that unlocks the sewer door by the rats. Then that chic appears in fitelink, and you give her "tomes" you find through the levels. I found one in the cathedral. And another by a npc for sale in firelink.

The second vendor you save at the very beginning of high wall bonfire. Go down, and backtrack past the dogs to the guy that whispers. He then appears in firelink. Here's where it gets tricky. You talk to him in firelink, and accept the dark power. You then get a level, and a new stat, hollowing. You have to level with him 5 times, and they unlock after dying depending on your hollow level. I think 16 or 17 is where you hit 5th level gain. He then dies, and I'd replaced by a chic, who sells a good tome that unlocks dark blade. Finally a buff! The chic sells everything the previous guy did, so don't worry.

Now I got worried and did some research, I can't find what hollowing does, but buy out all that girls stock ASAP, and the purging stone. You will need it to remove hollowing, although I don't see any drawbacks. I hear it might make it harder to summon, but gives a special ending.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I've been taking it really slow, just started Undead Settlement.

Loving the game so far, especially in comparison to DSII.

Regular mobs seem tougher/faster than usual, and things like the parry timing/window feel tighter, so I'm still adjusting. Haven't had a pvp encounter yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I've seen a bunch of the purple summon signs which I believe are the wildcard covenant that can help or hurt hosts.

If you haven't seen it, here's Vaati's video on some "hidden" mechanics discovered:

Important discoveries:

1. If you hold down on the dpad, you will cycle to your Health Estus and stop, so you can fill up your hot bar with ten items and always be able to quickly get back to your healing.

2. When you jump, if you stop holding forward, you won't roll, and will stop in place.

3. You can dash and R2 into your jumping R2 attack.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I'm not sure why you'd ever summon a purple unless you wanted to do PvP.

I found the mirae vendor by luck. Thankfully because I am strength /faith and was wondering why the he'll I hadn't found any spells yet. Its actually really tricky. So I will just tell you cause you probably won't get as lucky as I did.

Basically you go to the unread settlement after getting the key that unlocks the sewer door by the rats. Then that chic appears in fitelink, and you give her "tomes" you find through the levels. I found one in the cathedral. And another by a npc for sale in firelink.

The second vendor you save at the very beginning of high wall bonfire. Go down, and backtrack past the dogs to the guy that whispers. He then appears in firelink. Here's where it gets tricky. You talk to him in firelink, and accept the dark power. You then get a level, and a new stat, hollowing. You have to level with him 5 times, and they unlock after dying depending on your hollow level. I think 16 or 17 is where you hit 5th level gain. He then dies, and I'd replaced by a chic, who sells a good tome that unlocks dark blade. Finally a buff! The chic sells everything the previous guy did, so don't worry.

Now I got worried and did some research, I can't find what hollowing does, but buy out all that girls stock ASAP, and the purging stone. You will need it to remove hollowing, although I don't see any drawbacks. I hear it might make it harder to summon, but gives a special ending.

I have no idea where you get that key, but you can jump down if you have enough health (I was in Ember form and had +HP ring and still almost died) - so I was able to get the vendor and some miracles (finally!) - I even had two tomes.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm not sure why you'd ever summon a purple unless you wanted to do PvP.

I have no idea where you get that key, but you can jump down if you have enough health (I was in Ember form and had +HP ring and still almost died) - so I was able to get the vendor and some miracles (finally!) - I even had two tomes.

I'm pretty sure I purchased the key from the woman in firelink, close to Andre. I think items unlock as you progress the story.

***edit

She does sell it, but you first must give her morticians ashes. You find them in undead settlement, where you get bombarded by arrows from the guy on top of the tower. If you befriend the guy on the tower, he will actually help you making you immune to arrows he throws. Also in that arrow area, it a thrull on a building, weilding a flamberge. He can drop it if you are patient. I though he had the zweihander, and kept farming him only to be disappointed it was a flamberge. Still a sweet sword though.

Last edited:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Just had my first invasion in Road of Sacrifices... lag phantom. Disappointed I couldn't even fight properly. At least I ran back near the bonfire so I could get my bloodstain easily.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Just had my first invasion in Road of Sacrifices... lag phantom. Disappointed I couldn't even fight properly. At least I ran back near the bonfire so I could get my bloodstain easily.
At the road of sacrifices.Though i haven't had a invasion yet mostly due to lot's of deaths by enemies :emb:

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
At the road of sacrifices.Though i haven't had a invasion yet mostly due to lot's of deaths by enemies :emb:

If you want to farm embers, help hosts defeat bosses. I have a decent stockpile, but I save them for fighting bosses myself.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
You haven't lived until you've ran for your life from a GIANT ENEMY CRAB.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You haven't lived until you've ran for your life from a GIANT ENEMY CRAB.

I like the crab enemies. Especially when fighting one and I get invaded. Later you get to fight one in a swamp that you can't run in.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Later you get to fight one in a swamp that you can't run in.

That's the one I was referring to. I was using the dagger quick step exploit to run through the sludge but Citizen Snips still caught me

Has anyone discovered any NPC questlines that require you to summon them for a certain number of bosses like in DSII?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
If you want to farm embers, help hosts defeat bosses. I have a decent stockpile, but I save them for fighting bosses myself.
I been doing co-op for that alone.Now for it's boss damn his second form on the fire damage :hammer:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Been playing the damn catacombs for the last 3 hours. They're not that hard, but I keep getting really bad partners, or people I try and help. They keep triggering all the traps, and following invaders into the trap with all the skeletons and dying. I'm going to have to regroup tomorrow and either get help from my brother, or go solo. It definitely gets pretty hectic.

If anyone needs help add me. Again my psn is...

Jforrest1980

I have the level memorized now, and if I can get one of my brothers on we can get you through anything for sure.

Still enjoying the game thus far. No real complaints really. I still don't think it's DS1 or demons souls good, but still really fun and worth the investment.

Think I'm level 49 now

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I just beat the Abyss Watchers. It was the first boss that actually gave me some trouble. That second form was a bitch. I finally just gave up trying to solo him and summoned the NPC that's right outside the boss door on the steps. Made it a cakewalk.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I just beat the Abyss Watchers. It was the first boss that actually gave me some trouble. That second form was a bitch. I finally just gave up trying to solo him and summoned the NPC that's right outside the boss door on the steps. Made it a cakewalk.

I loved that boss.

I have to remember to do that in new game plus. I went solo on that boss but my friend summoned the NPC and got a gesture.

probably need to do that for a lot of bosses.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I didn't see the NPC so I just summoned a Sunbro.

Easy fight with two. That flame sword though!

Went in to the Catacombs for a bit but died being stupid after I was a ways down.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I loved that boss.
I spent a couple hours on this fight the other night as well. The dynamics of the first form were sheer genius. I'm starting to think that this may be DS3's MO; retread Souls environments, solid gameplay, brilliant bossfights.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
It was a pretty awesome boss. The music for it was great and really set the mode.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I've been a bit too busy to play many games since MGC, but the semester ends with april.
I really liked Demon souls and dark souls, and to a lesser extent Dark souls 2.
where's this game on the scale? Demon souls was my favorite for PVE.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I've been a bit too busy to play many games since MGC, but the semester ends with april.
I really liked Demon souls and dark souls, and to a lesser extent Dark souls 2.
where's this game on the scale? Demon souls was my favorite for PVE.

Better than DS2, not as great as DS1. Dunno how it stakes up against DeS as I haven't played it yet.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I think demons/dark souls 1 are pretty equal. Then dark souls 3, then 2.

I don't regret my $60.00 purchase at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Anyone doing much PvP?

I might do some Sunbro Invasions later for shits and grins.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Better than DS2, not as great as DS1. Dunno how it stakes up against DeS as I haven't played it yet.

How into the Souls games are you herb? If you are one of the people who love the atmosphere and highly distinct and different-feeling levels of DS1 and would be into a game that has even better atmosphere, immersion and sound than DS1- then Demon Souls is for you. The Tower of Latria alone makes this game worth playing- with all the lights off, headphones or good speakers on and the biggest screen you have- it's fucking incredible. In this level you start in a prison that drives people insane, each floor is patrolled by these old-school D&D 'Mind-Flayers' who ring bells and carry lanterns. They are tough as nails, so you have to hide and wait, then pounce on them without getting stunned and mind-sucked like in Bloodborne. They also shoot soul arrows at you, and they are most of what makes the level so much fun. All the while, you are listening to the sound of the bells and the noise from the prisoners- groaning, calling out for help, wailing like banshees, etc. And the CRICKETS, oh how the sound of crickets adds to the creepiness.

I don't know if you have a PS3, but if you do I highly recommend Demon Souls, because I haven't even told you about Maiden Astrea and her boss level of Dario Argento looking and sounding horror. It's pretty much the best set-piece boss stage in the history of video games, imo of course.

Wall of text yes, but this wall of text is for you :)