Dark Souls 3

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
It's probably getting a re-release.

This is what I have been thinking. Sony (Japan), Bandai-Namco (Europe), and Atlus (USA) all announced server shutdown Feb 28th. Makes me think there is some sort of agreement going on there. God I can only hope...

Plus we are nearing the end of the Japanese fiscal year, which I believe is March 2018. So an announcement of a remaster, and hopes of end of year fiscal pre-sales may be what is going on here.

Anyway, trying to not get hyped yet, but the suspense is killing me. I will be watching this "very" closely for the next several months.

Bumps in order if anyone hears of a remaster. I will be pre-ordering day 1.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I still haven't beaten Gael. I think I'm waiting to savor it because after this there will be no more Souls.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
The only thing they should change in the event of the DeS remaster is the stone of ephemeral eyes thing, it was always a bitch to get those.

in other news, I've been playing DkS 1 lately with a weeaboo anime ninja build.
themed builds are the way to play this game honestly.
I tried a Black Knight Halberd build before this and quit because it was too easy.

just passed Anor Londo, think I'm gonna run down Oolacile next so I can see the special Sif cutscene

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
The only thing they should change in the event of the DeS remaster is the stone of ephemeral eyes thing, it was always a bitch to get those.

I tried a Black Knight Halberd build before this and quit because it was too easy.

just passed Anor Londo, think I'm gonna run down Oolacile next so I can see the special Sif cutscene

That entire game was great.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member

There is an easy glitch to exploit to dupe infinite amounts of consumable items.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

You can also farm them very easy from the plauge baby swamp where you fight garl vinland.

I have a black knight cosplay build on mugen monkey. It does make the game much easier.

My favorite DS3 build is my maiden in black cosplay. She can one shot almost any PVP invader. If I use crystal homing soulmass at the same time as the crystal soul spear, or whatever its called. It's pretty much a kill on anything other than a boss.

I feel the themed builds are the best too. They're just more fun to play. Anyone can just make a regular old strength, dex, magic, or quality build. Bit picking obscure weapons, and armor that just looks cool is much more fun.

One of my other fun builds is a pyro ninja with invisibility

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
You can also farm them very easy from the plauge baby swamp where you fight garl vinland.

--

I feel the themed builds are the best too. They're just more fun to play. Anyone can just make a regular old strength, dex, magic, or quality build. Bit picking obscure weapons, and armor that just looks cool is much more fun.

One of my other fun builds is a pyro ninja with invisibility

I hate farming so much.
not just in souls games, pretty much in everything.

on the subject of themed builds, just got the slumbering dragoncrest ring and the hidden body sorcery.
life got soooooo much easier after that, but if i mess up the approach it's still a tough fight.

also fought through New Londo just to realize I didn't have the covenant of Artorias.....

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I have several builds I enjoy my top 2 are a solid strength build Ledos mighty hammer and wolf knight greatshield build and my quality faith str Dex build using filinores chime and the lothric knight greatsword. That great sword just destroys.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Well I finally beat Dark Souls 1.

got to admit, the second half is really weak....
Lost Izalith was good though, and Bed of Chaos was a nice change of boss pace.
I don't think I'll really need to play through the second half for a while.

as is, I think my evaluation of the series goes like this
DeS - Best Bosses
DkS - Best World design
DSII - Best multiplayer
DSIII - not the best at anything, but fixes some of the glaring flaws in other entries
(Haven't played bloodborne)

and of course, fuck the Stray Demon, that AoE spamming fuck.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Well I finally beat Dark Souls 1.

got to admit, the second half is really weak....
Lost Izalith was good though, and Bed of Chaos was a nice change of boss pace.
I don't think I'll really need to play through the second half for a while.

as is, I think my evaluation of the series goes like this
DeS - Best Bosses
DkS - Best World design
DSII - Best multiplayer
DSIII - not the best at anything, but fixes some of the glaring flaws in other entries
(Haven't played bloodborne)

and of course, fuck the Stray Demon, that AoE spamming fuck.

Best bosses for demon souls!? I found them weak and unimpressive. Though I'm only 3/4 the way through the game the only boss I found kinda cool was the dragon god.

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Best bosses for demon souls!? I found them weak and unimpressive. Though I'm only 3/4 the way through the game the only boss I found kinda cool was the dragon god.

yeah, I feel like in DkS, most of the bosses broke down to "press your face against it's ass and R1 until you have to dodge roll"
There were some noteworthy exceptions, O&S, Arty, Bed of Chaos.
I kinda think We're inverse on this opinion, as Bed of Chaos was really a cool change of pace imo.

Old King Allant > Gwyn
Vanguard > Asylum Demon
Storm King > (IDK what a comparable DkS boss is, Moonlight Butterfly? it might be my favorite boss in DeS though)

That said-
Dragon God < Bed of Chaos

I also think the combat generally just feels a bit better in DeS, as well as (personal preference) the MP system for spells rather that the # of casts from DkS

also, fuck titanite demons, I never could really get the hang of dodging them (scrubby, I know)