Dammit Terry has been screwed again!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
PS: Terry could prolly shove a flaming fist up Kyo's ass before Kyo even knew what was going on/ Kyo would be like SUP? and Terry would be like NOT MUCH! even though he had a flaming fist up Kyo's ass.

Trance

n00b
I use Kyo sometimes during CvrS2 while my freind picks Terry.I mean he really has no idea what hes doing.And he beats me often.Terry pretty oringinal.I cant argue on wether he should be Ryu's rival or not though...

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
FeelGood:
PS: Terry could prolly shove a flaming fist up Kyo's ass before Kyo even knew what was going on/ Kyo would be like SUP? and Terry would be like NOT MUCH! even though he had a flaming fist up Kyo's ass.
lol lol lol lol lol

Freeman--

Zero's Secretary
Halo,people!
Here are my 2 cents about Terry:
he is powerful character not weak one,I use him in C or N grooves and I like his ability to punish peoples mistakes(blocked Dragonpunch,...)very hard.
I like to do something like standing HP(2hits),QCFx2+MK,QCF QCB+LP.In N Groove You can do this combo with lv3 QCFx2+kick Super and add a lv1 Power Gayzer after that :D

S

Simbob4000

Look i like terry i even like terry more than kyo but kyo is more powerful than terry like how ryu is more powerful than ken. even if terry was made to be like ryu so was kyo in how powerful he is.
and i think terry and guile is a good match because Guile is like the main character of street fighter 2 as terry is the main character in the FF games terry is not even the main character in motw. like in the kof games terry is just in motw. as for ryu in sf2 i think he is not the main character just because sf2 is about guile and chun-li out for revenge. as to where ryu is only the main character of the 1st Street fighter game well him and ken. so i think in that respect terry vs guile is good as for ken and iori what the hell are they thinking if they make them rivels

P.S. dont forget just because the art is next to each other does not make them rivals

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
The REAL shame is that Terry is still in his flaming red outfit. They seriously need to start using the MOTW version of Terry as the "de facto" Terry sprite.

S

Simbob4000

even if ken beat ryu once. ryu is still more powerful that is why he is the winner of all 3 of the World Warriors tournament. but dont get me wrong ken is good and in the AlPHA games i think he is much better than ryu. Remember just because you win one match you aren't better. but you are wright ken did beat ryu once.

i also like terry's new MOTW look. like one of my friends said i like the new look the old one looks to much like a trucker

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Simbob4000:
Look i like terry i even like terry more than kyo but kyo is more powerful than terry like how ryu is more powerful than ken. even if terry was made to be like ryu so was kyo in how powerful he is.
and i think terry and guile is a good match because Guile is like the main character of street fighter 2 as terry is the main character in the FF games terry is not even the main character in motw. like in the kof games terry is just in motw. as for ryu in sf2 i think he is not the main character just because sf2 is about guile and chun-li out for revenge. as to where ryu is only the main character of the 1st Street fighter game well him and ken. so i think in that respect terry vs guile is good as for ken and iori what the hell are they thinking if they make them rivels

P.S. dont forget just because the art is next to each other does not make them rivals
Ok I must say something. The only reason why Kyo seems more powerful in "KOF" is because he is always pampered gets new moves in every KOF game while Terry seems to get nothing. How ever if you have the Terry from the real bouts and MOTW'S then we shall see who is the POWERFUL ONE.

I am sorry but I feel Kyo does not deserve his top spot with Ryu. When SNK was going against Capcom in the beginning Terry was their front man and Terry and Ryu were doing alot for their Co at that time....not the guy who throws flames and just because he is the lead in a game where FF and AOF characters appear he gets called the "greatest fighter of all time?" Bull Sh!t if you ask me.

Well what can I say Kyo is Ryu's rival and you know what I will be routing for Ryu to bust Kyo's ass. Nuff said.

S

Simbob4000

i agree with you P-Geyser i also wish that terry would be ryus rivel or even one of them and if a vs game came out a few years ago you know terry would be ryu's rival. i think terry should be his rival and that kyo should be kens both of which have moves that use fire but that again ryu has one with fire to just not as mean as ken. but i don't think they would ever put kyo over terry.

i would also like to know what the hell happened to kyo because the tournament in MOTK is the king of fighters tournament.

<small>[ May 02, 2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: Simbob4000 ]</small>

S

Simbob4000

i know what you mean in the MOTW terry kick ass even without his rising tackle

<small>[ May 02, 2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Simbob4000 ]</small>

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
-Look i like terry i even like terry more than kyo but kyo is more powerful than terry like how ryu is more powerful than ken. even if terry was made to be like ryu so was kyo in how powerful he is.-

*sigh*

Let's spell it out in a few examples for you, looking strictly at the characters in a storyline context.

Soul Calibur II

Raphael-main character
Mitsurugi-strongest fighter

Street Fighter III

Alex-main character
Ryu-strongest fighter

Dead or Alive

Kasumi-main character
Ryu Hayabusa-strongest fighter

And here's one more, just to put it into even more context:

KOF 95-97

Kyo and Iori-main characters
Terry and Ryo/Robert-strongest fighters

I could go on and on here, citing one game after another where the main character is NOT the strongest fighter.

I've used this example before, but it's kind of like King Arthur and Lancelot. Lancelot is the greatest warrior of the round table, but he is not the main character of the story.

Likewise, Kyo is not the strongest SNK hero...that honor jointly belongs to Terry and Ryo/Robert (remember, Robert and Ryo are portrayed as equals in AOF, so that comes over to KOF). Kyo as the strongest character is a gross misconception that has been made by many a 'new generation' KOF fan that lacks the understanding of both the history of SNK and the general tenets of anime/manga style storytelling, which KOF's plot is most surely derived from.

And before you start, don't throw that 'Orochi is a god' crap argument at me. Orochi may or may not be the most powerful SNK heavy of all, but in cultural contexts Orochi is a divine being...not an omnipotent god capable of omnicient acts of power. Divine being and omnipotent being are two VERY different things.

And remember another thing...Orochi's weakness is the combined power of Kusanagi and Yagami flames. More powerful fighters than Kyo and Iori could have done a better job FIGHTING Orochi, but because they lack the 'kryptonite' he is weak against (in this case, Kusanagi and Yagami flames), they could never defeat him. But because Orochi can not draw battle spirit from the Kusanagi and Yagami flames, he can be defeated by them. Understand now? Any other interpretation of the KOF storyline is FLAT OUT WRONG.

Give 'Orochi kryptonite' to Terry and Ryo, and put Mai in the Chizuru role, and I bet you Orochi doesn't last more than 20 seconds.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
First off Ryo is a cool character but he is NOT stronger than Kyo. Terry owns all for FREE in fact I see as Rock Howard becoming the forefront of Playmore I mean why not he is young anfd string like Kyo but has Terry's style.
i also like terry's new MOTW look. like one of my friends said i like the new look the old one looks to much like a trucker
I like thge new sprtite it is just that somewhere int there they need the hat that is essential, or else he just aint Terry.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Actually, I would agree that the Art of Fighting Team does has more Raw power than Kyo. Kyo has the flames, but the Kyokugens were all about Raw power. That's how they were always portrayed. Yeah, they're kind of silly at times, but that bit of silliness is complemented with a heavy dose of raw strength. Kind of like how Shingo uses Raw strength in his fighting, without the ability to use flames. Or like how Kensou was beginning to excercise some Raw power when he lost his psycho powers. But if there's one thing Ryo/Robert and gang can claim. That they possess an incredible amount of Raw power.

S

Simbob4000

yes Taiso Terry was the strongest in the old KOF games but in the new ones Kyo is now the strongest just not the main charater. but Terry is the best SNK character and you can tell by just how many games they put him in. as for Ryo and Robert also being the strongest I just dont know because only one person can be the strongest. that is what it means to be the strongest your the only one that strong.

<small>[ May 03, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Simbob4000 ]</small>

S

Simbob4000

i agree 100% Sickliquid86 the only thing terrys new look is missing is the hat

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
-yes Taiso Terry was the strongest in the old KOF games but in the new ones Kyo is now the strongest just not the main charater.-

I'm sorry but you are wrong. I've already explained it and you are welcome to reread it again since it hasn't sunk in quite yet. Now it's up to you to either open your eyes or get used to the scratchiness of the wool you have firmly secured over them.

-but Terry is the best SNK character and you can tell by just how many games they put him in.-

Good for you. At least you're not beyond salvation. Best and strongest. Say it with me. Best and strongest. It's easy, it's true and it's right. Any other opinion is denial.

-as for Ryo and Robert also being the strongest I just dont know because only one person can be the strongest. that is what it means to be the strongest your the only one that strong.-

Terry and Ryo are largely equal in strength, as is evidenced by their respective placement in KOF '94 (the game was designed partially to be a showdown between the two marquee SNK characters at the time), and since we can reasonably speculate they've both been on a similar growth table we can only assume that they're still comparably strong.

Robert is portrayed as Ryo's equal in the AOF games, and that most likely has not changed either. So by this, we can assume that the three are comparable in terms of overall strength. Hence, we have three heroes who could be considered the strongest ones. On any given day, any one of the three could win a fight against any other one of the three based on this strength comparison.

Believe it or be blissful in your ignorance of SNK's character hierarchy. Red pill or blue pill. The choice is yours.

And now that I've completely lamed out by arguing game continuity, I'm going away. You have the truth. And I'm out like feathered hair.

S

Simbob4000

look Taiso i can clearly see you are in love with terry. this is about who is the stronger. it gos like this ryo and robert in Aof which takes place 15 years before the 1st fatal fury because a young Geese takes over southtown from Mr. Big than terry in the FF games and the 1st KoF games but now it is Kyo. You talk only about the old KoF and i agree in the old ones he was the strongest but i am talking about the new KoF games. Terry and Ryo time has come and past as now kyo's time looks like it is just about over and it is K' time to shine as snk new lead in the KoF series.i do like terry more than kyo i just don't think he is more powerful. in the beginning he was just not know. But if you think terry should be the main character for SNK in the VS game than Captain Commando should be Capcoms

note: that snk change the age of the AoF characters so they could be in the KoF games an not all be old

<small>[ May 04, 2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: Simbob4000 ]</small>

feels

n00b
Maybe it should have been...

Terry - Ryu
Andy - Ken
Kyo - Akuma
Iori - Guile

But the real reason I think Kyo & Ryu were paired up is because SNK wanted a Japanese character to headline their games from then on. That may sound kind of racist, but it's somewhat the truth. If anyone watches Pride Fighting Championships, everyone thinks Silva and Frye are great, but Sakuraba is everyone's Japanese hometown hero.

<small>[ May 04, 2003, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: feels ]</small>

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
-look Taiso i can clearly see you are in love with terry. this is about who is the stronger.-

It doesn't matter who my favorite character is because my argument (which, truthfully, I don't think you are allowing to 'sink in', so to speak) is grounded in objective logic, an understanding of the hierarchy of SNK characters and their place in the Southtown universe and a grasp on Japanese martial arts fiction and the various roles the characters play in these kinds of stories.

Please go back and read the first paragraph again before continuing so that you don't accuse me of being a 'fanboy' again.

Piccolo was my favorite character in Dragonball Z (back when I liked the show, when I was getting the Japanese episodes subbed from amateur groups) but I never tried to rationalize how he could be stronger than Goku because I knew it wasn't true. Likewise, Kyo is not stronger than Terry, and even if I tried to rationalize it to the Nth degree I could never come up with a viable theory that would explain such a contrived pile of imperialistic bunk. So before you accuse me of being 'stuck on Terry', at least give me credit for being able to discuss this in a logical, even handed and fair fashion. I'm not trying to 'make' Terry the strongest SNK hero. He simply IS, and any argument to the contrary will always be the gross misconceptions of KOF fans that jumped on the SNK train as the '96 boxcar was passing by. Those of us who have been on the train from the beginning understand the truth behind KOF and its character hierarchy. Now pull the wool back gently, so your eyes don't get hurt.

EDIT:

I love this comment because it perfectly illustrates what I'm trying to convey:

>>If anyone watches Pride Fighting Championships, everyone thinks Silva and Frye are great, but Sakuraba is everyone's Japanese hometown hero.<<

Anyone who knows anything about Pride would know that Frye would beat Sakuraba in a fight, even though Sakuraba is a GREAT fighter. If Sakuraba is 'Kyo' in this example, Frye is 'Terry'. Yet another example where the 'main character' is not the 'strongest fighter'.

<small>[ May 05, 2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Taiso ]</small>

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Simbob:

Yeah I totally agree that Ken and Kyo would definatley be better rivals due to the fact that both use fire elements.

Taiso:

First off are you also on orochinagi forums? Second yes I do agree with everything you stated as well. What gets me though is that these KOF newbies actually "DO" think that Kyo is the strongest. Also those crummy KOF comics dont help. Kyo&Iori both fight like DBZ characters and they just lift one finger to dust off a WHOLE TEAM. While Ryo does fairly well in the comics those bastards who write that shit make Terry out to be a complete loser. Cause of that, TOO MANY people think Terry is and was always weaker than Kyo&Iori.

I really think "KOF" has ruined the good name of Terry Bogard because as we all can see Terry has NOTHING important to do with KOF anymore and Fatal Fury as we know it is completley gone so Terry cant shine there. Meanwhile we have to sit and watch the neverending saga of Kyo.

SilverAngel

Member,
Just to say i agree they have screwed him over, I have never been a big Kyo fan or Iori, im not saying i hate they guts but they are nothing special, they were just put in for king of fighters where as Terry and most other characters have a lot more history to them. :)

S

Simbob4000

ok Taiso look at it this way if Terry and Kyo had no powers terry would kick kyo's ass but they do. Kyo has been growing more powerful and terry has stayed the some. like in dragonball where at one point piccolo was stronger than Goku but now piccolo is not even in the some league as Goku. you are talking about the past and i am talking about now. And i have said it before and I well say it again terry WAS better than kyo at one time just not now this by no means, means terry is not good he is just not number 1 now. but terry is a classic SNK character. so Taiso am i using the wrong wording and should be calling Kyo the most powerful character and not the strongest. because if you look at it that way than terry is the strongest. like in X-Men if Wolverine and Xavier got in a fight Xavier could kill Wolverine before wolverine took one step. but without powers wolverine would kill Xavier

S

Simbob4000

P-Geyser Don't worry because the neverending saga most come to and end at some point because a some point in the games Kyo must fight Iori to the Death just look at MotW it as a KoF tournament without Kyo or Iori so does this mean by the time Motw happens one of the to is dead i dont know but it would be nice.

S

Simbob4000

As for me being on orochinagi forums I don't know I have made names for forums before and forgot the password or just stopped going to one. WHY do you ask