Dammit Terry has been screwed again!

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
First off, Guile is badass.

So is Terry.

They are both so badass, they should make a game called Guile vs Terry: War of Destruction, were they are the only 2 characters and the 2 bosses are Death Guile and Murderous Terry. Bonus mode would be being able team up to kick the shit outta either Ryu or Kyo.

That game would OWN all others.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Been lurking long enough. Time to speak.

TERRY IS SNK.

Any opposing viewpoint is the desperate rationalization of Kyo fanboys who know their main man is a paper champion that couldn't hold Terry's jock.

EDIT: corrected misspelling of 'viewpoint'.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Taiso ]</small>

rugal2000

, Troll Me, , Cuz I is 3lit3, ,
If they are going to represent even a semblance of terry bogard at his peak in this game, they must bring back that double punch move terry had up close in fatal fury 2 and special.
It was a thing of beauty, first the punch to the stomach than face.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Terry = SNK
Ryu = Capcom

The rest is just a roster. wink

PS: Make no mistake about my sig... I'm just an Anti-sony "fanboy"! ehhe!! A power geyser would be cooler here!! :D

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Atrophyed ]</small>

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
Ya I think Terry is the Shizzle but I could care less if he is ryu's rival in fact if you play card fighter's clash terry is ryu's back up and vice versa. I do think it is kind of gay that Kyo is the poster boy, in fact is should be K' that is the poster boy I mean look at him, who is on the cover of all the KOF games in the last 3 years, he is like a 70's style badass, and I love the art. But I think they really do need to make a new Fatal Fury game because Terry owns in that game he is so bad ass in garou: motw it is not even funny. That is the terry that needs to be in SvC and he should go against Ken (dont underestimate Ken he beat Ryu in the SF storyline he is just as much the poster boy), I dug the plot of MOTM, but I would have like more Ken vs. Terry paraphenalia. Anyways though IMO it depends on the game as to who is badass for example in KOF I dont care what anyone says but Terry and K own! Then in CvS 2 Kyo with N style owns everyone for free but in Garou it is all about the Rock Howard. Here is my line up for SvC.

Jap version-
Kyo vs. Ryu on cover
US Version
Tery vs Ken on cover
Euro Version
Vega vs. Billy Kane on cover (OK I am kidding on that one)
Others would be
Akuma/Iori
Rock/Batsu
Sakura/Yuri
Hayato/Haohmaru
Get Raiden out of there!
Anyways I think after how bad ass MOTW was they should defietely expand on that series. As far as Ryo goes I think it is disgraceful to have him fight Dan but then again AOF is kinda a weak series.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
Yeah I remember the card fighters came. I was suprised to see that Terry and not Kyo has the lead in the game and his card has more points than Kyo's.

As for KOF I am starting to dislike it...Kyo SOMEHOW gets his spot BACK from K. I forget who it was but someone said that Kyo is stubborn to his spotlight and that is so true.

Speaking of KOF I want to make a comment to shin kyo is it? Like I said before and I will say it again KOF's success is due to the fact that Terry as well as the other characters from FF&AOF MADE a huge impact on it. If there was no FF and AOF in KOF guess what?...THERE WOULD BE NO KOF.

At least in FF and AOF Tery and Ryo did good jobs of being the hero...they were not disgustingly pushed down our throats such as Kyo has been.

Also I recall you stated that KOF would survive without Terry and the rest of the FF gang....YEAH RIGHT. You know how many Terry fans there are?!...Andy Fans, Mary fans Yamazaki and Kim fans
most of the KOF games is made up of FF&AOF characters...and if playmore was that stupid enough to do that, than I see alot of money falling through their pockets...I for one would never touch the game AGAIN.

Bottom line is what most of the people who responded said Kyo=KOF Terry=SNK nuff said.

shin-kyo

Lurker, ,
TERRY IS SNK.

Any opposing viewpoint is the desperate rationalization of Kyo fanboys who know their main man is a paper champion that couldn't hold Terry's jock.
SNK opposes to your viewpoint.
smirk

(I'm right! Your wrong! I win! loco )

Like I said before and I will say it again KOF's success is due to the fact that Terry as well as the other characters from FF&AOF MADE a huge impact on it. If there was no FF and AOF in KOF guess what?...THERE WOULD BE NO KOF....[/qoute]
That's just an assumption, you can't prove that. Samurai Showdown, Last Blade, Kizuna Encounter, Waku Waku 7, and to the lesser extent World Heroes became great games without characters from other games making appearances. It's just a testament to SNK's talent for fresh new fighting games because the engine was vastly different from alot of the other SNK fighters out at the time. Sure, I'll admit that FF/AOF helped KOF out.. only because they were already established.. but its not like the Ikari's, Athena, and the original cast really stank or anything.

Also I recall you stated that KOF would survive without Terry and the rest of the FF gang....YEAH RIGHT. You know how many Terry fans there are?!...Andy Fans, Mary fans Yamazaki and Kim fans
most of the KOF games is made up of FF&AOF characters...and if playmore was that stupid enough to do that, than I see alot of money falling through their pockets...I for one would never touch the game AGAIN.
Actually its more like:
[none] of the KOF games is made up of FF&AOF characters
looking at the latest.. at best the ratio between FF&AOF characters versus Non-FF&AOF characters is dead even, I even compiled the list:
2002 11:31
2001 12:28
2000 12:23
99 13:19
98 13:22
97 12:20
96 13:14
95 12:12
94 10:14

Sure there are tons of Terry fan(boy)s, like most of you here who probably DO NOT play KOF..
Fans of KOF don't neccessarily have to love FF/AOF sure it easier to come up with characters each year, but KOF fans of KOF because of its (changing) playstyle, (changing) interesting story, and ever changing cast.. at least that is what THIS KOF FAN likes. Alot of the Original Characters are incredibly popular like NFT, and I'd rather see several NFT calibur teams show up for a couple years then having the same old same old hogging space. If you love FF/AOF so much go and play those games.. as you only are interested in the characters. Sure I admit I like TO PLAY KYO, but I wouldn't want him in there forever (because at this point his story is over) but if they removed Kyo I still like to play K', Clark, Jhun, Lin, Vanessa, Angel, etc. I mean what.. Kyo was supposed to be the poster boy for KOF right? I didn't whine and bitch about him being usurped by K', its something that just happens.. I still find Kyo cool, and I also like K'. I don't think anyone here is trying to look at this objectively.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: shin-kyo ]</small>

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
It should be-

Terry= FF

Ryo= AOF(What a horrible game)

K'= KOF

KOF is Neo Geo's flagship so there fore K' should be the poster boy.

This isnt knew though look at capcom Ryu and Megaman used to be capcom now they are sad after thought to capcoms spokesmen and women of Dante and Jill from RE so that dopesnt make megaman anyless cooler.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
-SNK opposes to your viewpoint-

And we all know where that got them.

SNK chose Kyo as their figurehead, and marketed him and Iori to the masses. SNK died while Kyo was their ‘main man’. Don’t say it was K'...if K' was the new figurehead, where was he in Capcom VS. SNK?.

Exactly.

By contrast, SNK thrived while Terry was in the spotlight.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I'd just like to see the article that says "Terry is opposite to Guile now" since I haven't seen anything that even officially said he's in SvC to begin with (even though we know he will be).

I prolly just missed the story. Throw me a friggin link over here!

Peace

JHendrix

P-Geyser

Overtop Pathfinder
shin-kyo:
TERRY IS SNK.

SNK opposes to your viewpoint.
smirk

(I'm right! Your wrong! I win! loco )

Like I said before and I will say it again KOF's success is due to the fact that Terry as well as the other characters from FF&AOF MADE a huge impact on it. If there was no FF and AOF in KOF guess what?...THERE WOULD BE NO KOF....[/qoute]
That's just an assumption, you can't prove that. Samurai Showdown, Last Blade, Kizuna Encounter, Waku Waku 7, and to the lesser extent World Heroes became great games without characters from other games making appearances. It's just a testament to SNK's talent for fresh new fighting games because the engine was vastly different from alot of the other SNK fighters out at the time. Sure, I'll admit that FF/AOF helped KOF out.. only because they were already established.. but its not like the Ikari's, Athena, and the original cast really stank or anything.

Actually its more like:
[none] of the KOF games is made up of FF&AOF characters
looking at the latest.. at best the ratio between FF&AOF characters versus Non-FF&AOF characters is dead even, I even compiled the list:
2002 11:31
2001 12:28
2000 12:23
99 13:19
98 13:22
97 12:20
96 13:14
95 12:12
94 10:14

Sure there are tons of Terry fan(boy)s, like most of you here who probably DO NOT play KOF..
Fans of KOF don't neccessarily have to love FF/AOF sure it easier to come up with characters each year, but KOF fans of KOF because of its (changing) playstyle, (changing) interesting story, and ever changing cast.. at least that is what THIS KOF FAN likes. Alot of the Original Characters are incredibly popular like NFT, and I'd rather see several NFT calibur teams show up for a couple years then having the same old same old hogging space. If you love FF/AOF so much go and play those games.. as you only are interested in the characters. Sure I admit I like TO PLAY KYO, but I wouldn't want him in there forever (because at this point his story is over) but if they removed Kyo I still like to play K', Clark, Jhun, Lin, Vanessa, Angel, etc. I mean what.. Kyo was supposed to be the poster boy for KOF right? I didn't whine and bitch about him being usurped by K', its something that just happens.. I still find Kyo cool, and I also like K'. I don't think anyone here is trying to look at this objectively.
Ok a couple of things here it gets me going when Kyo fans(boys)here say that Kyo was surpassed by K' so answer me this jack how come Kyo got his main character status back from K'?

Second is how do YOU know whether or not we play KOF?...hmm? do you have a cyrstal ball forseeing what everyone is playing?.....so never ASSUME got it?

And yes I prefer and play FF/AOF/SS/LB more than KOF but I still play KOF...so please dont get it twisted. Also by the way who the hell are YOU to tell anybody what to play?

Also I think that this Orochi-Nests saga has gone on for to damn long. Kyo and Iori will be fighting each other til the end of time. Since you said that KOF is good because the "stories" are changing then I expect to see this dragon saga with Kesou come about and then will I get back into KOF..but I doubt it will happen. You know what we will wind up seeing? KOF take place in the arcades just like those KOF comics where the main attraction is KyovsIori at the arcades.

HIP HOP HORAY!!!! you have complied a LIST it still does not prove anything. All I am saying is take out Terry and gang now and see what happpens. I am sure KOF would still make money but not like it use to mind you. Japan will probably making the most because I know for a fact that the people over their are constantly dangling from Kyo and Iori's trunk.

Anyways I am not trying to start a fight up in here I think it's time that Kyo get the boot and let someone else climb the pedestal.

Orochi_Flava

Over Top Auto Mechanic
What's next? Will they change their mind? Is Hinako going to be Chun Li's enemy instead of Mai in the future? lol

Snk enjoyed great popularity while they performed fan service. At their Height, Terry was #1, and while Kyo was being promoted...Terry was still respected...in any series. Samurai games had new graphics and new systems in every game. The Real Bout series rocked, and Metal Slug was released.

Eventually SNK started doing whatever they pleased and they thought the fans would just take that shit. Bad line-up's..dumb decisions in their games, and rehashed sprites and characters who kept getting toned down instead of up.

Now that Playmore is at the helm, I hope they realize that Terry is much better known and wisely decide to market him more.

As for KOF, it's time for someone else to take the handle...K' failed miserably due to a bad storyline and SNK dying. Kyo's story was cool, but it should have ended with 97. By now it should be someone new, Terry, or Shingo. For a change of pace, I wouldnt mind seeing an evil character be the main character for the next few KOF's... the arc could center around them coming into power with the Good guy trying to stop him/her.

shin-kyo

Lurker, ,
And we all know where that got them.

SNK chose Kyo as their figurehead, and marketed him and Iori to the masses. SNK died while Kyo was their ‘main man’. Don’t say it was K'...if K' was the new figurehead, where was he in Capcom VS. SNK?.

Exactly.

By contrast, SNK thrived while Terry was in the spotlight.
LOL! So your pinning all SNK's mistakes on a single fact that they choose Kyo over Terry as their figurehead? If that isn't a slanted viewpoint i dunno what is.
Some of the following could be factors:
SF2 had exploded onto the scene introducing 2d fighters, then all the clones followed.
SNK made poor decisions like bombing with their NeoGeo 64 arcade board, and killing off NGPC support early.
If you don't remember recently the KOF2001 port for DC was one of the best selling SNK games even better then Garou.

Ok a couple of things here it gets me going when Kyo fans(boys)here say that Kyo was surpassed by K' so answer me this jack how come Kyo got his main character status back from K'?
This one should be pretty obvious.. SNK/the fans still like Kyo alot? The same reason why the FF/AOF teams are still around, all these characters don't really take part in the story anymore and if they keep staying eventually the roster will get stangnent.

And yes I prefer and play FF/AOF/SS/LB more than KOF but I still play KOF...so please dont get it twisted. Also by the way who the hell are YOU to tell anybody what to play?
I'm a KOF fan who likes the way it is.. I don't want to see Terry/Ryo or any other character from AOF/FF being the main characters in KOF. I prefer KOF over FF/AOF/SS/LB, so I'm protecting what I like. People tend to get defensive about things they like, and I'm not telling anybody anything it was a suggestion.

Since you said that KOF is good because the "stories" are changing then I expect to see this dragon saga with Kesou come about and then will I get back into KOF..but I doubt it will happen.
I also doubt it will happen.. as far as main character usually they are portrayed as "cool" and serious, I think Kensou lacks that.. you couldn't put him up against Ryu, Terry, Kyo, Ryo, Alex and K' because these are the kinds of characters that are usually starred.. but who knows maybe?

HIP HOP HORAY!!!! you have complied a LIST it still does not prove anything. I am sure KOF would still make money but not like it use to mind you. Japan will probably making the most because I know for a fact that the people over their are constantly dangling from Kyo and Iori's trunk.
Yeah it did. That most of the KOFs aren't made of mostly FF/AOF characters. Just the facts. I think fighters in general don't make that much anymore even Garou probably didn't sell as well as the first few FF or SS, it's all about graphic whorism nowadays with 3D. as for Japanese liking Kyo and Iori, that's probably true. I personally see alot of hate from Terry/FF fans (mostly americans) maybe thats why KOF 2000, 2001 and 2002 haven't/aren't coming to america?

By now it should be someone new, Terry, or Shingo.
I'd prefer not Terry. I already know about his story through FF and Garou, and at this time he is probably training Rock so there probably isn't a major arc for him. I liked the original story and character. I hope they don't drastically change Terry because his story takes place in FF series.

<small>[ April 04, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: shin-kyo ]</small>

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
I wonder how many of you guys really are fans of AoF or just grizzled angry nostalgic fans, I could see taking a round of FFRB or MOTM over KoF but playing AoF spock I think I am going to be sick this game is bad, very bad! All the characters, eeeeeewwwww, Ryo is cool and Robert is cool yuri is great but the others well... The game is an SF rip off and not even a good one like breakers, seriously this game is slow, the chars are big and clunky, and more or less KOF was the greatest thing that ever happened for AoF characters, that and Ryos entrance into FF. I mean there r people out there who REALLY prefer this game to KOF? Eeeeek!

snkool

Camel Slug
Sickliquid86:
It should be-

Terry= FF

Ryo= AOF(What a horrible game)

K'= KOF

KOF is Neo Geo's flagship so there fore K' should be the poster boy.

This isnt knew though look at capcom Ryu and Megaman used to be capcom now they are sad after thought to capcoms spokesmen and women of Dante and Jill from RE so that dopesnt make megaman anyless cooler.
Actually, its/it was Captain Commando.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
>>LOL! So your pinning all SNK's mistakes on a single fact that they choose Kyo over Terry as their figurehead? If that isn't a slanted viewpoint i dunno what is.<<

You are wrong. I am right glee

>>Some of the following could be factors:
SF2 had exploded onto the scene introducing 2d fighters, then all the clones followed.<<

SF came before FF or KOF. SNK became a competitor on the strength of FF, of which Terry Bogard was the main character. SNK died as a competitor when that company pinned its hopes on Kyo in a misguided attempt at national pride.

>>SNK made poor decisions like bombing with their NeoGeo 64 arcade board, and killing off NGPC support early.<<

And making Kyo the figurehead character of KOF.

>>If you don't remember recently the KOF2001 port for DC was one of the best selling SNK games even better then Garou.<<

Yeah, and who was the main character? Somebody other than Kyo.

Face it. It's all Kyo's fault. You are worshipping a champion who is only successful at, um, failing. Kyo Kusanagi failure rate: 100%. It's a fact.

Consider this: if you take the Kanji for 'Kusanagi Kyo' and read it alternatively, a common Japanese method of punning, you'll see that it translates into 'This character will drag SNK into bankruptcy. Only make this character the main character if you want to lose money and send the company spiraling into despair.'

If you take the Kanji for 'Terry Bogard' and read it a certain way, it translates into 'This is the greatest character in the history of fighting games. Our shitty marketing strategy will tank this company unless this character is the figurehead. He is the only one that can save us.'

It's true. Believe it...or not.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Bah.

Your admiration for Terry makes you say shit. ¬_¬
As if it was Kyo's fault if SNK closed and all.

Bullshit.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Terry fucking owns Kyo any day of the week. Terry was shooting fire out of his hands and punching people with flaming fists before Kyo knew what the fuck was up.

snkool

Camel Slug
Terry is tha man. No questions asked, no questions thought of buttrock

Although Kyo is pretty cool, he still can't graduate from high school (damn, is he still in there? oh_no )

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
It would be fucking cool if Playmore would give new outfits to Capcom characters, most of them need a change in clothing. Just look at Kyo in 99 and forward, that change was fucking cool. Terry had one, it would be cool to see Ryu in something other than what he's been wearing for the past 10+ years.

Terry is fucking cool and badass, in fact he should be coming back to the top one of these days, in the intro go Garou, he defeated kyo. It should probably say that Terry, and the lonely wolves team won another KoF tournament.

AoF, and FF are two games that standed out (besides ssamurai shodown) back in the early 90s, and late 80s. SNK, had the wonderful idea that if they mixed their best fighting games into one, they would finally defeat Capcom, and they did. After Super SF 2 Turbo Capcom didn't really compete vs SNK, until their VS series.

If Kyo and Ryu were to fight, Kyo had no chance of winning, and probably neither does Terry, due to the fact that even though Terry is the shit, in the storyline, of KoF, he really hasn't won anything. After 98, or before when all FF take place that's when he starts winning and shit. So he has very little experience in fighting, but we all know that he will be the best fighter of all time,just not this time.

However, keeping in mind SNK fucked up on not sincronizing the storylines. if we assume that the storylines are sequential, then yes Ryu and terry are the best fighters than of all times.

K', if you read Kailu Lantis FAQ, you'll notice that K' does not have the body structure of a fighter. In fact just by looking at him, it seems he came out in the world vision commercials as a kid.

Sickliquid86

Galford's Armourer
this may sound hell geeky but the way I look at it in DBZ terms. KYO, Ryu and Terry are all hunmans yet Ryu and Terry are both capable of emitting solid rays of engergy for an elongaterd period (like goku)where as kyo cannot he can only use falmes which shows that he is not as powerful. IMO I think K' is in terry's league and Rock should be the one to bitch slap KYO buttrock but if it were going to be a caocom character that had to do it I would say Kyosuke

<small>[ April 05, 2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Sickliquid86 ]</small>

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Man Ryu is street clothes (IE: Jeans with a shirt and jacket) would be PUNK AS FUCK!

Anyone else think it would be totally awesome to put EVERYONE in street clothes so it was more like a street gang brawl of a game? lol that would be sweet.