Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

man9child

Rugal's Thug
Been playing a couple credits of Ibara a day. I'm really loving the game. Though, the more I learn about it, the more frustrating it gets. Partly because it's harder to forgive your mistakes when you know the game better, and partly because the better you score, well, it actually gets a lot harder.

I'm used to the shrapnel and the pastel bullets by this point. But I put Ketsui on for a play and it's funny how clear that game looks in comparison.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Been playing some Neo old school with Ghost Pilots and Last Resort. I have always liked Ghost Pilots, and Last Resort is my favorite on the Neo.

Blazing Star is amazing, but personally for me it's Last Resort as far as Neo Geo shooters go. Hell, I also love Zed Blade. I have a soft spot for NMK.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Back to MushiHD, got the 1.5 Maniac (no-MAX) 1CC, now going for the MAX. Shouldn't be too hard now that I know how to deal with all the scarab beetles in the first half of stage 4.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I just picked up Thunder Force II for the Genesis at the Portland RetroGaming Expo, so I've been playing that. Anyone a fan? It's definitely different than what I'm used to, what with the play field that scrolls in every direction.

Chris

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I just picked up Thunder Force II for the Genesis at the Portland RetroGaming Expo, so I've been playing that. Anyone a fan? It's definitely different than what I'm used to, what with the play field that scrolls in every direction.

Chris

yea I love me some TF II, one of my first genny games I ever owned, took me 2 months to finally beat it :D

man9child

Rugal's Thug
Ibara. I'm about ready to throw it though a wall though. I mean, I guess I normally get worse in a shooter before I get better because I'm focusing on scoring more and taking risks, but this is ridiculous. First day I got the board I was getting to level 4, but now because I know how to play I'm jacking the rank and I can't get out of stage 2.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Gekiridan, Space Invaders '95 and Gun Frontier on PS2 (via Taito Memories Gekan)... although I've been playing more Hat Trick Hero than shmups on this comp.

Spent some time on Resident Evil 6 as well. Mention this as it may as well be a fucking shmup, as it sure as hell isn't a Resident Evil game. :mad:

Einhander. Also been playing Einhander... great game :D

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have a PSP-2000 with emulation software and have been going through some retro stuff. I started with Super R-Type for SNES, passing it multiple times until it completely finished. Now I'm playing Gradius 3 and as I write this, I am about the fifth time through and it gets increasingly more difficult each time. If it weren't for the good ol' slow-down and the ability to save anywhere, I believe it would be absolutely impossible for a human to accomplish this. Ah, the SNES. Brings back good memories.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Good ol' slo' mo' + highest speed ups is the way to go there in the SNES version of Gradius III.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Back to Carrier Air Wing

carrierairwing-1.jpg

YOU'RE THE MAN NOW DOG!!

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Einhander.... have managed to unlock the Juno, meaning I've only got one more hidden weapon to find, and it's taken me, what, 15 years to get this far?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Under Defeat DC. For a second there I thought I was playing Ibara cuz of how much I was bombing:(

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
oooooh... I had an Egret II... until I had to sell it to make room for a nursery. Still, rather have my little boy than a cab!! :D