Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Awesome.

How do you like it compared to Carrier? I always preferred UNS, mostly because I used to collect the manga (and anime).

I never really gave it much of a try before, but after sitting down with both, I think I like UN just a tad more, had a blast playing through it, great level design too. After playing it, I'm definitely interested in the manga. Can't thank you enough for hooking me up:)

I hate you and love you at the same time :lolz:

:(

geise

Mickey's Coach
ZanacXZanac is so amazing! I miss compile. :crying:

For me, I finally pulled out the Saturn and played some Shienryu and Terra Diver Sōkyūgurentai.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Playing Undeadline and getting my ass handed to me. :(

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Got the dirty DFK-BL (bomb typeB Auto-on) 1CC (no ex boss).. now I'm playing on Strong. Whoa, using Strong is definitely like a 2nd loop right from the start (because there is no 2nd loop in black label). This will be training for when SDOJ arrives.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
ZanacXZanac is so amazing! I miss compile. :crying:

For me, I finally pulled out the Saturn and played some Shienryu and Terra Diver Sōkyūgurentai.

Meh, I really can't get into Zanac at all... despite the excellent presentation, I don't know what the fuss is about.

Shienryu is ace :)

Been playing Two Tenkaku, Raystorm and Gamera 2000 on PSX

geise

Mickey's Coach
Yeah ZanacXZanac took me a little while to get into the weapons system. It's not that much different than the Aleste series, but I still had to get used to it. After a while I couldn't put it down. I really like Two Tenkaku. Raystorm kinda disappointed me since I was wanting another 2d Layer Section. It's still not a bad game. I never did get Gamera 2000. How is that?

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Deathsmiles, Guwange, Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label, Raiden Fighters Jet, and Trouble Witches Neo. All via 360.

Beat my previous high scores in Deathsmiles and RFJ, though not by much.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Yeah ZanacXZanac took me a little while to get into the weapons system. It's not that much different than the Aleste series, but I still had to get used to it. After a while I couldn't put it down. I really like Two Tenkaku. Raystorm kinda disappointed me since I was wanting another 2d Layer Section. It's still not a bad game. I never did get Gamera 2000. How is that?

Zanac just isn't for me.

I really want to like Two Tenkaku but the bullet patterns are really infuriating, and there just seem to be lots of areas where death is inevitable. I tip my hat in admiration to anyone who has mastered the game to the point that they can 1cc it.

Raystorm is meh. Layer Section is so much better.

Gamera 2000 is pretty cool. It's a rail shooter, similar to Afterburner or Panzer Dragoon, but it is strangely very playable. I'd certainly recommend trying it if you can get the opportunity.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Hyperduel, the love affair has worn off but I still find it amazing.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Airgrave on PSX.

First impressions weren't the greatest, but after playing through it again, it's quite enjoyable. Shame that this and Stahfeder are Santos' only releases, I'd like to have seen where they could have gone.