Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Nice, I'm jelly! How you liking it?

I'm playing Daioh (the superior USA 6 button ver). So many things in this game might some shudder, speed ups, checkpoints, rank... But it's all done so right. All three weapons are useful, all three bombs useful as well. Collecting lots of points and shield makes bullet speed insane, fun to play at high rank when feeling like a challenge. Pretty easy 1-all, which is nice for once. I think it'll be the first game I actually go for the 2-all. I'm very curious how Shienryu compares.

Love it, as soon as I move my Ibara I'll be on the hunt for my own PCB of it ;)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Playing Gradius V on the PS2. Funny how I have to flip the PS2 upside down just to get it to run.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Love it, as soon as I move my Ibara I'll be on the hunt for my own PCB of it

Oooo.. I wish I could afford Ibara, I might not be able to buy anything new for a very long time though :(
I just pieced together my 360 HRAP EX-SE with some junk buttons I had laying around (needed to steal the seimitsu's for my blast panel), so I might give it a whirl with some Deathsmiles or Akai Katana.

Otherwise, still going strong with Daioh, I can almost no-miss the first loop! Special Stage gets silly with the warp speed bullets lol

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Daioh is awesome, I've been playing it alot lately (MAME)

Kiken

Camel Slug
Was playing Game Tengoku's Arrange Mode last night. Finally managed to get the All Clear with Z-Dyne Mk II.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
dMWaQ.jpg

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've been playing Blast Works. It's good fun flying around in a giant ship made of garbage.

GUGFA

n00b
Dreaming to make Progear 1CC. Keep truing to make it time to time, but still without any good result

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I'VE GONE BACK...
to playing the Psyvariar series. Arguably some of the only games where you deliberately try and run into streams of enemy fire!

I also hit up Chaos Field and Trizeal too later on. I doubt either are highly regarded, but I like both of those. I can't explain it; they're both just indescribably cool. CF is definitely Milestones best shooter by far imo. I wish they'd have concentrated on a sequel > Radirgy series & Karous, personally.

I also gave the 'skill test' mode a go in PS2 Trizeal, and really enjoyed it. I wish more shooters had a similar fun modes (The skill test pretty much, if you will, offered what Point Blank did for gun games).

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'VE GONE BACK...
to playing the Psyvariar series. Arguably some of the only games where you deliberately try and run into streams of enemy fire!

I also hit up Chaos Field and Trizeal too later on. I doubt either are highly regarded, but I like both of those. I can't explain it; they're both just indescribably cool. CF is definitely Milestones best shooter by far imo. I wish they'd have concentrated on a sequel > Radirgy series & Karous, personally.

I also gave the 'skill test' mode a go in PS2 Trizeal, and really enjoyed it. I wish more shooters had a similar fun modes (The skill test pretty much, if you will, offered what Point Blank did for gun games).

You should start a score thread so it will give me a reason to play the psyvariar again..

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Managed to dig up the long lost X68000 shooter Blue Wings. The sequel, Blue Knights can be gotten from every romz site, but the original game has been undumped and missing until this point. Game is a bit unpolished, and really difficult, but still a good bit of fun.

Last edited:

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Been playing alot of Dodonpachi DOJ black label pcb board
i'ts really fun but also bery hard

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
DDP DFK 1.5 on the 360 .
Hated it first because of all of the bullet cancelling and Hyper insanity that filled the screen right from the start but I found order in that chaos and it's clicking with me now.

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
I like the look of this! Old & rare adds a lot of charm.

Managed to dig up the long lost X68000 shooter Blue Wings. The sequel, Blue Knights can be gotten from every romz site, but the original game has been undumped and missing until this point. Game is a bit unpolished, and really difficult, but still a good bit of fun.