Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
haha, yeah I did try those settings and it works great, thanks again for the info!

Yeah I use FBA pro for the neo and cps1/2 stuff....thats usually how I play Pro Gear.
And Coinops I use for Esprade, Batrider, Battle Bakraid and Battle Garregga.

There's still tons of games I haven't even tried on the rombox yet, but it's like every time I turn it on I just automatically go to one of those games I just mentioned :)

Niiiiice! At 1st, the settings seemed *too* sharp. I backed up, & played from the couch instead of right up in front, & JACKPOT. About 8 ft away from a 32" screen is money.

I run thru my shooties same as you. In anticipation of DDP•R for 360, I've gone back & played 'pachi & DoDon on xrombox. Good times.

After all the heaviness & gritty styles of the 'pachis...I am going to play thru some cute em ups this week.

Recommendations?

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Niiiiice! At 1st, the settings seemed *too* sharp. I backed up, & played from the couch instead of right up in front, & JACKPOT. About 8 ft away from a 32" screen is money.

I run thru my shooties same as you. In anticipation of DDP•R for 360, I've gone back & played 'pachi & DoDon on xrombox. Good times.

After all the heaviness & gritty styles of the 'pachis...I am going to play thru some cute em ups this week.

Recommendations?

Hmm...I don't have too much experience with cute em ups...I used to have were the Twinbee and Parodius collections for the psp....but I'm not sure if any of them are on the rombox.

But my all time favorite would have to be Air Zonk (I think that qualifies as a cute em up?), and that is on the xbox. Love everything about that game - the stage 2 music has to be one of my favorite tracks ever :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Otomedius Excellent
ESPGALUDA 2 (360 and touch)
Deathsmiles for the touch

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Hmm...I don't have too much experience with cute em ups...I used to have were the Twinbee and Parodius collections for the psp....but I'm not sure if any of them are on the rombox.

But my all time favorite would have to be Air Zonk (I think that qualifies as a cute em up?), and that is on the xbox. Love everything about that game - the stage 2 music has to be one of my favorite tracks ever :)

Ah, Air Zonk it is! Strangely- the Hu Tunes ( & game in general) trounce the CD rev. 0_o

Wonderful game. Just oozes charm.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ah, Air Zonk it is! Strangely- the Hu Tunes ( & game in general) trounce the CD rev. 0_o

Wonderful game. Just oozes charm.

yeah, unfortunately the sequel seemed totally cookie-cutter-esque and had no soul :(

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
looks like im doing more ibara today, this game is starting to drive me up the wall :/

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Been playing lots of Summer Carnival Alzadick and NEXZR on the PC Engine. Two great games but NEXZR is pretty freakin tough.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
I have been playing a lot of deathsmiles lately. I didn't like it at first with the lolis and all, but the more I play the more I look past that little fact. Close to 1cc'ing it but keep dying in the final stage.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Currently whats locked and loaded:
Battle Garegga -Saturn
Espgaluda -PS2
Under Defeat -DC

Between these three who needs Skyrim? not me.

Akraten

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I fired up a few games this week,
Dodonpachi * pcb * has been a blast also played a few games of Alcon
both great games.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Zero Wing on the MD. I'm trying to clear the first loop, but I keep falling asleep in the process.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Played some Blazing Star yesterday. Slowly getting better but still cant make it past level 3. Keep making stupid mistakes and dying in easy spots.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Ikaruga (sorta)
Battle Garegga (oh hell yeah!)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I rented Goldeneye reloaded from redbox today for some memories (yes i know its redone). it is just awful. Multiplayer has unbalanced weapons and is choppy. No jumping. main story gameplay feels very slow and choppy. its just terrible.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I'm also playing Batsugun again, setting new personal highscores with my selfbuilt arcadestick.

geise

Mickey's Coach
Override on the Pc-Engine. Not very difficult but an extremely underrated HuCard shooter.