Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
All that bs to realize it was Air Gallet, Jesus!

The name will suffice next time.

Playing
Dragon Blaze
Guwange

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
All that bs to realize it was Air Gallet, Jesus!

The name will suffice next time.

Playing
Dragon Blaze
Guwange

Hmm...

The title says "Air Gallet Arcade PCB" in the preview window.

You and I have always been cordial throughout the years, but i'm not sure what your problem has been lately. In fact, didn't I hook you up with Air Gallet?

I have read a few posts claiming that you are an emotional wreck, which I used to disregard, but your recent behavior lends to their credibility.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's a bit too much, I'm on tappatalk and couldn't see the title to the video on the post. You are back and that's great but if that's how you're gonna be now then best of luck.

I bought Donpachi and Tetris Plus 2 from you, I believe AG was from someone at shmups from overseas but that was a few years back, couldn't really say if it was you or not.

Edit Note: it just came to me. I asked you to sell me the PCB but you were not selling it at the time but you hooked me up with someone who did at shmups. Maybe that's what you meant from the start, oops.

Last edited:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Still Futari 1.5 in the Aero and I have a new one to grace the Mini Cute this week :

DSCF4799.jpg

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Amazon's still got Otomedius Excellent listed as coming out this week. Any bets this will change? I've had the game preorded since May, I'll be shocked when it finally comes to my door.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Seeing this thread has inspired me. I think I'm gonna play some Gradius V on PS2. Fucking love that game.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I know that pretty much three of us actually give a shit, but Otomedius Excelent was supposed to ship today after all the delays. I got the special edition on Amazon that says it's sold out. I pre-ordered in May, so hopefully I don't get screwed over. It says that it should come in from the 8th to the 15th on my order form. The normal edition has "Shipping in 1 to 3 Months" as the description on it.

Meanwhile I hear that Gamestop had a preorder bonus were you'd get the normal Vic Viper ship rather then an anime girl? Any truth to that? You'd think that buying the collectors edition would have that included, but oh boy, I get a pillowcase instead. I'd take a normal Vic Viper or Lord British ship over a high pitched anime girl any day of the week.

Still hasn't shipped for me. How much you wanna bet I'll get Ultimate Marvel 3 before this?

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
did some blazing star today, got to stage 4 on one man for my first play ever, not too bad i guess :D

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I know that pretty much three of us actually give a shit, but Otomedius Excelent was supposed to ship today after all the delays. I got the special edition on Amazon that says it's sold out. I pre-ordered in May, so hopefully I don't get screwed over. It says that it should come in from the 8th to the 15th on my order form. The normal edition has "Shipping in 1 to 3 Months" as the description on it.

Meanwhile I hear that Gamestop had a preorder bonus were you'd get the normal Vic Viper ship rather then an anime girl? Any truth to that? You'd think that buying the collectors edition would have that included, but oh boy, I get a pillowcase instead. I'd take a normal Vic Viper or Lord British ship over a high pitched anime girl any day of the week.

Still hasn't shipped for me. How much you wanna bet I'll get Ultimate Marvel 3 before this?

Idk what Amazon is doing, but my local GameStop got in two, so hopefully you get it soon. It's a great game, always liked the Gradius series, so any chance I can get to play it, all the better.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
On GameStop's site they have it listed as November 8th. I figured I'd go with Amazon since they'd get more then going to Gamestop where they'd only get two or three copies of the game, like they do with most niche games. I heard that all the Vic Viper skin does is make the main character's dress darker, so it doesn't remove the moe with a normal ship. I'm glad it's a new Gradius game but I'm sick of the flavor of the month anime girl crap. It's not like Cotton or Twinkle Star where their magical girls on brooms or other things, like the two nurses on a giant needle, it's like Konami didn't think a real Gradius game would sell so they put some moe in to get some extra sales from people that are into it.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
It's not like Cotton or Twinkle Star where their magical girls on brooms or other things, like the two nurses on a giant needle, it's like Konami didn't think a real Gradius game would sell so they put some moe in to get some extra sales from people that are into it.

No denying that, Konami definitely created this series to get on that wagon to boost the sales (they are a business at the end of the day and cash is king). BUT, I will say this, besides the load screens, the anime-like intro & end song (which you can skip), it's not laid on all that thick, like they aren't forcing on a bunch of shots mid-stage of the girls or anything like that. Once you get into the core of the game itself, it's basically just the Gradius/Salamander/Xexex that you've known and love this whole time.

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Played some Blazing Star yesterday. Can only ever get to stage 3 wether im playing for points or survival? Really frustrating. That level 2 boss always robs me of a couple of lives...

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I am playing Captain Tomaday currently.

Played some Blazing Star yesterday. Can only ever get to stage 3 wether im playing for points or survival? Really frustrating. That level 2 boss always robs me of a couple of lives...

I am somewhat of a novice at shmups and I can reach level 5, you need to practice some more :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
On GameStop's site they have it listed as November 8th. I figured I'd go with Amazon since they'd get more then going to Gamestop where they'd only get two or three copies of the game, like they do with most niche games. I heard that all the Vic Viper skin does is make the main character's dress darker, so it doesn't remove the moe with a normal ship. I'm glad it's a new Gradius game but I'm sick of the flavor of the month anime girl crap. It's not like Cotton or Twinkle Star where their magical girls on brooms or other things, like the two nurses on a giant needle, it's like Konami didn't think a real Gradius game would sell so they put some moe in to get some extra sales from people that are into it.

No denying that, Konami definitely created this series to get on that wagon to boost the sales (they are a business at the end of the day and cash is king). BUT, I will say this, besides the load screens, the anime-like intro & end song (which you can skip), it's not laid on all that thick, like they aren't forcing on a bunch of shots mid-stage of the girls or anything like that. Once you get into the core of the game itself, it's basically just the Gradius/Salamander/Xexex that you've known and love this whole time.

Blah blah blah...fags.

The game plays well, the girls are cute, I know is all anime shenanigans but never say no to nearly naked girls and bullets. My only complaint about the game is in the first level, bullets are hard to see although there's very few bullets in level 1 the background is too bright. Some levels are a bit on the plain side of things, Gradius V is a much better game but I do like the Gaiden edit system.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
finally sat down and played some ironclad the other night...to be honest, i'm not impressed.

truth be told, most of the neo shmups can't hold my attention anymore. the only one I still enjoy is Strikers 1945, and depending on my mood, maybe blazing star and last resort.

the rest of them, blahhhhh boring (yeah even pulstar, viewpoint and prehistoric isle 2 etc etc etc)

Cave and Raizing have taken my innocence and ruined me for life...

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Cave and Raizing have taken my innocence and ruined me for life...

I hear ya. You run any of the cave/raizing stgs on your xrombox w/ my setting suggestions yet?

Chunky, leggo-y, sprite *bliss*. CoinOPs ignite & fbaxpro especially sweet w/ the 720p.

Retrogamer

Troller of Old Men,
20 Year Member
Got my self a copy of Rendering Ranger, I know it is only 50% shmup, but it is amazing!

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I hear ya. You run any of the cave/raizing stgs on your xrombox w/ my setting suggestions yet?

Chunky, leggo-y, sprite *bliss*. CoinOPs ignite & fbaxpro especially sweet w/ the 720p.

haha, yeah I did try those settings and it works great, thanks again for the info!

Yeah I use FBA pro for the neo and cps1/2 stuff....thats usually how I play Pro Gear.
And Coinops I use for Esprade, Batrider, Battle Bakraid and Battle Garregga.

There's still tons of games I haven't even tried on the rombox yet, but it's like every time I turn it on I just automatically go to one of those games I just mentioned :)