Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I have *finally* picked up a copy of Axelay for the SNES and I'm LOVING it! :D

That game is the shit, I had it back in the days, and actually one of the few shmups I ever finished back then. The vertical and horizontal level mix is pretty cool.

and much slow down for a snes shmup :)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Thanks to 'grave's FB status, I fired up Lords of Thunder for the 1st time in a long time.

This game still rules.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Had some beers and played a few shooters at Graves. Dragon Blaze, Giga Wing, Guwange and Death Smiles ......before it cooked :(

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Had some beers and played a few shooters at Graves. Dragon Blaze, Giga Wing, Guwange and Death Smiles ......before it cooked :(

Yes we did! We're gonna fix it though! It's gonna be a victorious 4AM moment when we get that PCB working.

still trying to master gwange.
Have you beaten the spider cat yet? Feels like that's the turning point of the game and the wall most of us get stock at.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i keep getting gummed up in the middle-late part of stage 3 (keep in mind my shooter skills are sorely lacking).

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hyper Duel on the Saturn :)

A rare game that is actually good to play!! :D

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
i keep getting gummed up in the middle-late part of stage 3 (keep in mind my shooter skills are sorely lacking).

I was *awful* at this game (game-long chaining mechanic= fook) until I played 360 arrange mode.

You think Voltron's twin-stickin is good? Heh. Shikigami rt stick control for the everlovin' WIN.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I was *awful* at this game (game-long chaining mechanic= fook) until I played 360 arrange mode.

You think Voltron's twin-stickin is good? Heh. Shikigami rt stick control for the everlovin' WIN.

I still have to try 360 arrange. I've just messed with the Arcade mode.and boy this game is tough. i usually play this at a local arcade. They have there Futari 1.5, Deathsmiles, DOJ, Strykers and Galuda 2. i play one of each and always tought that Galuda 2 was by far the hardest. i use to believe that they incresed the difficulty or something....but no, now that i played at home, i can see that the game is HARD by nature. or maybe is just me. some patterns on the very first 2 stages i don't understand....i mean i can make my way trough them, i just don't get it why Cave choose to use them like that, specially on the first 2 stages.
Oh, but this game looks beautiful on the 360, the colors shine!

What about Voltron? do you recommend it? i tried the demo once. it seemed more Desert Strike than Geometry Wars. is it good?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member

i'll be sure to give it a play. thanks for the tip.

What about Voltron? do you recommend it? i tried the demo once. it seemed more Desert Strike than Geometry Wars. is it good?

voltron is fun for the sake of nostalgia- plus its decently crafted. its worth the cost of entry.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, share the wealth and let us know what's up. I'd love to get my hands on some of those roms.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
They used this on Cave Guwange Matsuri PCB's .
More gold and easier chaining , it's the same as the Xbox 360 Arrange Blue version , someone extracted the code from the Xbox 360 which is basicly a Mame emu and burned them on 2 Roms .

sp3ctr3

Mr. Big's Thug
Bought Deathsmiles and ESP Galuda II on sale for iOS. So I played Galuda II for about an hour yesterday.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
They used this on Cave Guwange Matsuri PCB's .
More gold and easier chaining , it's the same as the Xbox 360 Arrange Blue version , someone extracted the code from the Xbox 360 which is basicly a Mame emu and burned them on 2 Roms .

this game music will stay with me forever.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I just got the European released DDP Resurrection today. Everything about it seems really weird so far.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Been on a major Konami kick lately. Just bought Gradius 3 & 4 for PS2 and been playing that and alot of Gradius V, Twin Bee and Parodius for PSP.

syrotuck

n00b
Been playing Strikers. Going to try and get a score to put in Kidpanda's thread. It's not going too well tho, I'm a bit shit to say the least!

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Super Star Shooter on the X68000

Been hooked on the 2 minutes game :cool:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I Have been a shtmup craze as of late. Focusing right now on Soldner X-2.