Car Enthusiast Thread

Robert

20 Year Member
Do you guys have Smart in the US?

Because the smart forfour Brabus is a freakin' hot hatchback. It's quite expesnive due to all the equipments you get (leather,etc..) but it's 206 RC material, really.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Robert said:
Do you guys have Smart in the US?

Because the smart forfour Brabus is a freakin' hot hatchback. It's quite expesnive due to all the equipments you get (leather,etc..) but it's 206 RC material, really.
nope no smart cars here. i don't even think they plan on coming over here anytime soon.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
If I were to get a Smart car I'd get a Smart Roadster-Coupe V6, well if they made one. ;)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
If I were to get a Smart car I'd get a Smart Roadster-Coupe V6, well if they made one. ;)
i wouldn't get one, not cause i'm not a fan of fuel efficiency or anything. i just say use up all the damn oil and go nuts.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Acura announced last week or so that that there will no longer be the NSX in America. This is kind of discouraging to read about.

Question: whats the difference between a Honda civic SI and a type R? The latest models of each look very similar

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
Acura announced last week or so that that there will no longer be the NSX in America. This is kind of discouraging to read about.

Question: whats the difference between a Honda civic SI and a type R? The latest models of each look very similar
The successor to the NSX is coming out in a few years with a V10.

And the difference between the current gen Si and the Type R?

160 hp (Si) vs. 200 hp (Type R)
5 speed manual vs. 6 speed manual

The Type R also has nicer seats and is overall a better car.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
The successor to the NSX is coming out in a few years with a V10.

And the difference between the current gen Si and the Type R?

160 hp (Si) vs. 200 hp (Type R)
5 speed manual vs. 6 speed manual

The Type R also has nicer seats and is overall a better car.

Acura says a lot of things though so i would take what they say about a new sports car with a grain of salt IMO.

40 horse power and an extra gear... hmmm but, the bodies are the same are they not? Very close at least

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
Acura says a lot of things though so i would take what they say about a new sports car with a grain of salt IMO.

40 horse power and an extra gear... hmmm but, the bodies are the same are they not? Very close at least

It's already an official statement from the president and CEO of Honda himself, Takeo Fukui. He said Honda is making a V10 for the successor to the NSX.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

I'm also pretty sure Honda already announced they're making V8s as well (for the Ridgeline) from what I've read in AutoWeek.

And the Civic Si and Type R do use the same body style, but just realize that the Type R is more expensive but is a lot nicer and an overall better sporty compact than the Si.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
It's already an official statement from the president and CEO of Honda himself, Takeo Fukui. He said Honda is making a V10 for the successor to the NSX.

I'm also pretty sure Honda already announced they're making V8s as well (for the Ridgeline) from what I've read in AutoWeek.

And the Civic Si and Type R do use the same body style, but just realize that the Type R is more expensive but is a lot nicer and an overall better sporty compact than the Si.

Ah ic so its Hondas car and once again it will be given the acura logo here. Makes sence

Although seeing japanese cars with v8s and even v10s is really odd considering they are much more into 4 and 6 cylinder engines which are great for their compact life style.

It's kind of too bad though i loved the NSX body it was a real nice looking car.

back to the R and SI: Same body style... Are they using different engines or is the R just a better tuned car? cause pending on the specific differences it seems you could very well change an SI into a Type R which would be incredible

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
They do indeed use different engines. I think our Civic Si uses the same engine as the last gen Civic Si but is tweaked with a little more torque.

But if you want to change the Civic Si into a Civic Type R (except with even more power), you can just get an RSX Type-S engine and throw it in and have around 210 hp. :)

I'd probably tweak the suspension and whatnot though, because I'm pretty damn sure that the Type R has a better suspension and better handling (of course) than the Si.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
I'm pretty damn sure that the Type R has a better suspension and better handling (of course) than the Si.

thats a given. but if you're throwing in a new engine youd have to tweak the suspension to deal with the extra power and maybe the extra weight depending.
Adding so much extra power i'd imagine youd have to change the suspension to accomodate.

Is their a website that says what kind of engines you can put in what cars?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
thats a given. but if you're throwing in a new engine youd have to tweak the suspension to deal with the extra power and maybe the extra weight depending.
Adding so much extra power i'd imagine youd have to change the suspension to accomodate.

Is their a website that says what kind of engines you can put in what cars?

Usually you can put almost any engine into a car, but it just depends on how much work you're willing to spend doing so. I mean Ford figured out a way to make a RWD conversion kit for the Focus and even placed a 2004 Cobra engine inside of it!

But it's a given that Civic and RSX (Integra) parts are interchangeable for the most part because they are built on the same platform and use many of the same parts.

Lets Gekiga In said:
Usually you can put almost any engine into a car, but it just depends on how much work you're willing to spend doing so. I mean Ford figured out a way to make a RWD conversion kit for the Focus and even placed a 2004 Cobra engine inside of it!

Links and pictures please!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Charles Franklin Fernandez said:
Links and pictures please!

Ford Focus RS8

The foundation of the 'Cammer' crate engine is rooted in the Ford SVT Mustang Cobra 4.6-liter four-valve engine family. :D

This is one bad ass Focus that has 420 hp! :D

1796-1.jpg

1796-6.jpg

1796-2.jpg

1796-3.jpg

1796-4.jpg

1796-5.jpg

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame.php?file=car.php&carnum=1796

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:

the japs don't know how to build a V8 it's a fact. i mean look at the lexus SC400 with it's 255 horsepower V8. what kinda crap is that? less horsepower than cubic inches on the engine? wow japan...just wow. stick to the 4 bangers.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I've found the car of my dreams for sale. My friends family is selling their 96 chevy Z24 (22? i dunno) Cavalier. It's a convertable 5 speed manual with only 95k miles. Being sold for 3 grand or lower. The car was also owned by motor heads so its in amazing condition. I want this car so bad it's not even funny. It's got such an amazing clutch and it's quite zippy.

Damn being poor

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
OrochiEddie said:
I've found the car of my dreams for sale. My friends family is selling their 96 chevy Z24 (22? i dunno) Cavalier. It's a convertable 5 speed manual with only 95k miles. Being sold for 3 grand or lower. The car was also owned by motor heads so its in amazing condition. I want this car so bad it's not even funny. It's got such an amazing clutch and it's quite zippy.

Damn being poor
don't get a damn cavalier. if you want something quick, with a lot of aftermarket potential, and a lot of support that isn't too terribly expensive. it's simple the 1980's mustang 5.0. i think i've seen more parts made specifically for that car than just about any other car. so easy to mod, and so easy to get one. a real step up from anything a cavalier can offer...yeah i'm slowly becoming a ford man.

oh and new cartopic. the mitsubishi starion, was it truly the starter of the japanese turbocharged four cylinder craze? or was it just another mitsu that became a chrysler?

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
That is indeed a nice Focus.

Yep, I'd say that the Focus is the best project car right now. Low enough price to buy brand new and a ton of modding can be performed on the car. :D

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
don't get a damn cavalier. if you want something quick, with a lot of aftermarket potential, and a lot of support that isn't too terribly expensive. it's simple the 1980's mustang 5.0. i think i've seen more parts made specifically for that car than just about any other car. so easy to mod, and so easy to get one. a real step up from anything a cavalier can offer...yeah i'm slowly becoming a ford man.

oh and new cartopic. the mitsubishi starion, was it truly the starter of the japanese turbocharged four cylinder craze? or was it just another mitsu that became a chrysler?

I don't like mustangs not now not ever. They're over purchased sports cars that don't deserve the attention they get. This isn't about tuning anyway. The cav is a quality sedan and though i'm not an expert on manuals this car has a very loving and forgiving clutch.

Here are some interesting news that I read from the September issue of Road & Track:

- No doubt due to the grumblings that the all-new Pontiac Solstice 2-seat readster is underpowered, we've spotted a GXP version with not a supercharger, bt a turbocharger! Power output could be as high as 250 bhp from the 2.0-liter Ecotec 4-cylinder, due for the 2007 model year.

- Rumors persist that Jaguar will build a new small car based on the Ford Focus/Volvo S40/Mazda 3 platform to replace the lackluster X-Type; but get this...it will be even smaller than the X-Type.

- If Dodge's SRT boys weren't already nervous about the new 505-bhp Z06 spanking their Viper, They'll be positively shaking after they hear Chevy has been testing a supercharged version of America's favorite sports car. How do we know? Anyone who heard it hammering around the Nurburgring said the sound could only come from a supercharger. If the car sees production in 2006, figure on about 600 bhp and a $100,000 price tag.

Also, here in the US, Motor Trend Classic is already on sale whenever magazines are sold. This magazine is written by the same editors of Motor Trend Magazine, and it deals with, you guessed it, classic cars. On the premier issue, I was pleased to read an article about one of the most beautiful cars that I have ever seen and could have saved the AMC company, the AMX/3.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
:drool_2: Now that is what I call the ultimate sleeper!!! :drool_2:

Oh yeah, taking that car around would be so sweet. People would expect a front wheel drive ZX3 and then when they get blown the fuck away they'll have that expression on their face as if somebody just bitch slapped them. ;)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Here are some interesting news that I read from the September issue of Road & Track:

Also, here in the US, Motor Trend Classic is already on sale whenever magazines are sold. This magazine is written by the same editors of Motor Trend Magazine, and it deals with, you guessed it, classic cars. On the premier issue, I was pleased to read an article about one of the most beautiful cars that I have ever seen and could have saved the AMC company, the AMX/3.

I'm glad that the Solstice will be getting some more power, we need another S2000 contender (or even A contender to the S2000) in the market. ;)

600 hp Corvette!?!?!?! :drool: :drool_2:

That would definitely be something amazing.