Car Enthusiast Thread

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Or probably get some tire sponsorship. :p

Welcome to the 50th page of the Car Enthusiast Thread! Thanks to everybody who's been posting here! That goes out to Kim, Mushiki, Tony_N, CFF and anybody else I forgot!

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Or probably get some tire sponsorship. :p

Welcome to the 50th page of the Car Enthusiast Thread! Thanks to everybody who's been posting here! That goes out to Kim, Mushiki, Tony_N, CFF and anybody else I forgot!
i know a guy who owns an RX-8 and he drifts that thing all the time. but he's a mechanic so i'm sure he slaps on some cheap tires and drives like a madman then puts on the normal ones and acts civilized. or he just has some tires laying around he can use...who knows?

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
I want to get into drifting really... but I would like to have a car *just* for that, that's why I am considering getting a FD3S.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
I want to get into drifting really... but I would like to have a car *just* for that, that's why I am considering getting a FD3S.
just get a 240 SX or a miata. those things are built to drift and they do it quite easily. soup up a 240 or a miata as there is a large wealth of aftermarket parts for em then just let it roll.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
You know, almost any American muscle car is a great drifting machine. The 2005 Pontiac GTO, Dodge Viper, Mustang (preferably Cobra), etc. are great cars for drifting and explain why the winners of almost every Formula D event are American cars, which are Rhys Millen's GTO, Samuel Hubinette's Viper and Ken Gushi's Mustang.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
The thing is that I personally love Japanese cars, and you should also consider that in Argentina you will never ever see a GTO, a Viper or a Mustang - they are simply impossible to get.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
The thing is that I personally love Japanese cars, and you should also consider that in Argentina you will never ever see a GTO, a Viper or a Mustang - they are simply impossible to get.
then just go for the 240 and beef it up man. that's like one of the easiest to drift/easiest to attain cars.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
and you should also consider that in Argentina you will never ever see a GTO, a Viper or a Mustang - they are simply impossible to get.
That is really weird, but then again I live in the U.S.

And you should know that I love Japanese cars as well. ;)

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
then just go for the 240 and beef it up man. that's like one of the easiest to drift/easiest to attain cars.
That or the Toyota Corolla AE86. :p

Robert

20 Year Member
Sorry to sound rude but I never got the idea of all this drifting hype.

I can understand that it's fun to feel the rear sliding sometimes but tuning your car only for that sounds like a waste for me.

Follow my advice Mushiki: Track is the only place to go when it comes to drive hard.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Drifting has always been really fun to watch and/or perform. And of course, when one watches WRC then they normally see drifting quite a bit.

But Rally is also changing, I think the cars are becoming so awesome technically speaking (better suspension, way better handling, computers, etc.) that drifting is almost becoming obsolete in WRC.

Still, if you ever watch Formula D (on G4) it's very fun to watch and it takes so much skill to perform drifts.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
That or the Toyota Corolla AE86. :p

I've sat in one the car is just an old hatchback unless you know how to power it up. There was THE Initial D style 86 on autotrader a while back with the engine that revs to 11,000RPM

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
That is really weird, but then again I live in the U.S.

And you should know that I love Japanese cars as well. ;)

Well it's not really that weird considering how many European cars we don't see. :)

When is the last time you saw stuff from say Renault or Citroen on the road? ;) Even some of the major companies like BMW and Audi don't put stuff out over here.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I just saw The Dukes of Hazzard movie and overall it was a pretty fun movie. The main reason I went is because both Rhys Millen and Tanner Foust did the stunt driving in the General Lee (Dodge Charger, of course). Tons of awesome drifting and overall excellent work by both drivers. :D

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
hahaha some guy tried to sell me a car today, a 1989 oldsmobile 98... i just kinda looked at him said "you're kidding right?" and walked off. front wheel drive, heavy as hell, and ugly to boot.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
The classic Oldsmobile cars I'd want to own are a Rocket 88 and a Toronado.
duuuude have you heard james cotton's song rocket 88? that is such a great harmonica blues song. "yeah she's straight, just wont wait, everybody likes my rocket 88. we gonna ride in style movin all along"

Last edited:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Kim _Kaphwan said:
duuuude have you heard jame's cotton's song rocket 88? that is such a great harmonica blues song. "yeah she's straight, just wont wait, everybody likes my rocket 88. we gonna ride in style movin all along"
Of course man, the song is about the Olds Rocket 88. :cool:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Of course man, the song is about the Olds Rocket 88. :cool:
haha i was gonna be like "hit me up on AIM i'll send it to ya" but that was one of the first songs i learned to play on the harmonica. man i'm outta practise with that thing.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Do you ever watch American Muscle Car on Speed TV? Excellent American Muscle show about such awesome cars like the classic Charger, GTO, classic Camaros, etc.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
The classic Oldsmobile cars I'd want to own are a Rocket 88 and a Toronado.

Like Jay Leno's 700hp Toronado :drool:

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
Like Jay Leno's 700hp Toronado :drool:

Exactly what I'm talking about.

Jay Leno has an amazing selection of cars in his garage. I wish I could have that Fire Truck he owns as well. ;)

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Lets Gekiga In said:
Do you ever watch American Muscle Car on Speed TV? Excellent American Muscle show about such awesome cars like the classic Charger, GTO, classic Camaros, etc.
nope don't get speed tv no more. but thanks to this thread i'm playing my harmonicas again :cool:

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Just talked to my friend, I was wondering where he has been all Summer.

Turns out he is in Germany.

Just bought a brand new M6.

I am jealous.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
DangerousK said:
Just talked to my friend, I was wondering where he has been all Summer.

Turns out he is in Germany.

Just bought a brand new M6.

I am jealous.

Do all the car nuts a favor and get pics if possible. ;)