Brikin'ger/Iron Clad Coming To The Wii Virtual Console

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
User Newdump from Elotrolado has posted a difference between Xacrow's Rom and the Wii's Rom:

"Por ejemplo en la ROM de xacrow y en la de WII la bios es diferente mientras en una pone IRON CLAD ( Xacrow ) en otra pone BURIKINGER ( WII , PROTO MVS )".

Anyway, can't wait to see this baby burned on some real carts...

Let's see what other "obscure" protos or CD exclusive games will be released on the Wii VC.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member

box.jpg

a lot of carts will be sacrified soon.. sob. (ok I must admit that a MVS boot with flyers and marquee could be a nice christmas gift...artworks anyone!?)

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
box.jpg

a lot of carts will be sacrified soon.. sob. (ok I must admit that a MVS boot with flyers and marquee could be a nice christmas gift...artworks anyone!?)

Well, perhaps if it's done in one of those 100in1 MVS carts no original cart will need to be sacrified.

A shame *cgame* is gone, as he provided high quality insert and sticker with the bootlegs releases.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
OK just for reference, the arcade-related art (IIRC Gamest magazine) significantly different from the others:
AD_Brinkin.jpg

it says also 「近日アーケードに登場!」

(roughly "in few days* will appear at the arcade!"...actually 13years )

edit:
* ~4.745!

Last edited:

Asure

Captain Dick,
User Newdump from Elotrolado has posted a difference between Xacrow's Rom and the Wii's Rom:

"Por ejemplo en la ROM de xacrow y en la de WII la bios es diferente mientras en una pone IRON CLAD ( Xacrow ) en otra pone BURIKINGER ( WII , PROTO MVS )".

Let's see what other "obscure" protos or CD exclusive games will be released on the Wii VC.
My spanish is a bit rusty. Does he mean the name in the header/P1 ? Can you post a link to the thread please ?

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner

Asure

Captain Dick,
The thread:

http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_brikin-ger-iron-clad-se-puede-pasar-de-wii-a-rom-neo-geo_1334823_s10

My (Engrish) translation of that part:

"For example in Xacrow's ROM and in WII's ROM the bios is different; while in one says IRON CLAD ( Xacrow) in the other one says BURIKINGER ( WII, PROTO MVS )".

It has the 'BURIKINGER' still in the P1 rom. Maybe if the BIOS region of the machine is Japanese it would show a different name in the settings. I'm not sure which bios Xacrow used. It seems more of a downplaying action, to re-assure himself he has something unique.

MAME devs refer to it as bootleg as well sometimes, but in my opinion SNK would not use a bootleg as a source for production-type software like the WII VC release.

Edit: To see for yourself, open the P1 in hex workshop and look for NUBIRIKGNRE (word swapped rom) or BURIKINGER (raw copy from VC wad.)

Last edited:

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Good catch, BBH. What do the lifebars look like in the Wii version? Are they "bars" or "blocks"?

SSS

neo retired
what?

are they saying the wii rom says "burikinger" in soft dip?

the one I've got says Ironclad...

who gives a crap what xacrow's copy says in the title. How can the Wii version be considered a bootleg WHEN THE FUCKING COMPANY WHO OWNS THE IP RELEASED IT.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Edit: To see for yourself, open the P1 in hex workshop and look for NUBIRIKGNRE (word swapped rom) or BURIKINGER (raw copy from VC wad.)

Just "stringed" the P1 rom for ASCII lines (swapped as usual):

guNuNRBKINIG'RE RINOLCDA ASRUSU

it returns both names, so it should depends from the bios you use, like all the other games (if this was the difference about Xacrow stuff).

Nice find BBH! The ROM bars are the same of the NGCD ver (blocks!) I don't have by hand screenshot of Xacrow proto...blocky bars too?

J
Nice find BBH! The ROM bars are the same of the NGCD ver (blocks!) I don't have by hand screenshot of Xacrow proto...blocky bars too?

Xacrow screenshots doesn´t go far into to the game enough to show if it´s using bars or blocks but it gets to show that the level bar has "lv.1" written before it like the wii version and unlike the flyer that doesn´t display this text.

Not unusual to use in development screen shots for game artwork.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
i just don't see why the wii VC rom is a huge breakthrough?

are you saying it's been that difficult to get hold of the original neo cd dump?

or are the VC files just arranged in a way that make it easier to burn to mvs?

SSS

neo retired
i just don't see why the wii VC rom is a huge breakthrough?

are you saying it's been that difficult to get hold of the original neo cd dump?

or are the VC files just arranged in a way that make it easier to burn to mvs?

The VC release is the MVS version.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Wow, that was fast.

Let's hope Oshidashi Zintrick also comes to the WiiVC in it's MVS unreleased goodness! :-)

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
NGCD exclusives are well and good, but those are games we already are able to play. I'd love to see something unreleased make it onto a collection or as a download. I'm not complaining though. I'm rejoicing about this release.