Brikin'ger/Iron Clad Coming To The Wii Virtual Console

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Downloaded this from VC. FUCK you SNKP and Nintendo!!!!!
the description says "60hz"!!! IT IS NOT!!!!!!! ITS "50hz"!!!!!! WITH BORDERS AND SLOW AS FUCK! its a LIE!
its the first hanabi festival game that i know that isn´t 60hz.
if i new this was 50hz i would never bought it!!!
i´m will contact nintendo here.want my money back.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
the description says "60hz"!!! IT IS NOT!!!!!!! ITS "50hz"!!!!!! WITH BORDERS AND SLOW AS FUCK! its a LIE!
Just be glad the rom got released. Don't you Europeans go and fuck up our chances for more of these by complaining.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Just be glad the rom got released. Don't you Europeans go and fuck up our chances for more of these by complaining.

well i rarely complain since i know what i´m buying.THE GAME DESCRIPTION IS WRONG!
I´M IN MY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.fuck you.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
OK, relax. I'm kidding. I wonder why BOERenSKIN says it's 60hz.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Reading the description of Fatal Fury Special on the VC, I'd also question whether the boneheaded mistakes are the responsibilities (or lack thereof) of Nintendo or SNKP.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Wouldn't a 50hz on a 60hz be faster than a 60hz on a 50hz tv set?

You sure you're TV accepts 60hz. Plus the game isn't very fast paced either.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
i´m playing in a 1080p LCD...other VC games that run in 60hz are borders free and much smoother than this.
Thanks for the input.

BOERenSKIN

n00b
OK, relax. I'm kidding. I wonder why BOERenSKIN says it's 60hz.

Because i had quite some beers when i first downloaded and posted my first reaction. It's only avertised as 60hz, but it's 50hz runs in fact.

Wonder why they won't release it as Virtual Console Arcade, saves the whole shit about 50hz option.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Because i had quite some beers when i first downloaded and posted my first reaction. It's only avertised as 60hz, but it's 50hz runs in fact.

Wonder why they won't release it as Virtual Console Arcade, saves the whole shit about 50hz option.

Aha, so that's what's missing. A six pack of course.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Ok, has anyone downloaded this for the **USA** Wii Virtual Console?

I read THIS in the comments section of the review over at nintendolife about VC Ironclad (posted by a USA resident):

"I have the US Version on VC and it's an excellent game. However I am disappointed with the visuals. The screenshots that you have are serveral notches above what I'm seeing. It's just too dark on the real game.

So if anyone here lives in the USA, has a USA Wii and has downloaded Ironclad, is it really too dark?
(please mention if you are running it on a HD TV or a SD TV too AND if you're running it in Composite or Component Video. Those 2 things might make a difference!)

Thanks!

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
an mvs ironclad rom "patch" is a must

Ok, has anyone downloaded this for the **USA** Wii Virtual Console?

I read THIS in the comments section of the review over at nintendolife about VC Ironclad (posted by a USA resident):

"I have the US Version on VC and it's an excellent game. However I am disappointed with the visuals. The screenshots that you have are serveral notches above what I'm seeing. It's just too dark on the real game.

So if anyone here lives in the USA, has a USA Wii and has downloaded Ironclad, is it really too dark?
(please mention if you are running it on a HD TV or a SD TV too AND if you're running it in Composite or Component Video. Those 2 things might make a difference!)

Thanks!

It's possible that the usa wii version is dark for the same reason that the usa mvs version is dark. i made mention of this way back in one of these threads. the rom set runs in "dim mode" on a usa home console. this (along with the english text problem) was "corrected" with a nice rom patch that someone (i am not really at liberty to say whom) assembled.

I didn't think that this dark problem affected the usa wii version however, that's pretty crappy if it is true.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Patience Pays

Man this is so funny, I completely forgot about this post, but it still makes me laugh like crazy when I read it.

Still kind of hard to say what may or may not happen, let alone when.
November 24, 2009 was when we got Ironclad and since then here is what SNK has done so far:

Dec. 01, 2009 King of Fighter's '95
April 20, 2010 Fatal Fury 3
April 27, 2010 Samurai Showdown 3

So for now, we are still waiting on Crossed Swords 2 or Zintrick, but hope and anxiety remain very high because at least they are still releasing more games.

It's possible that the usa wii version is dark for the same reason that the usa mvs version is dark. i made mention of this way back in one of these threads. the rom set runs in "dim mode" on a usa home console. this (along with the english text problem) was "corrected" with a nice rom patch that someone (i am not really at liberty to say whom) assembled.

I didn't think that this dark problem affected the usa wii version however, that's pretty crappy if it is true.

It's too dark for me. I'm in the US running a HDTV via component. In fact, when I first got it, it wouldn't show at all on my TV. I had to call Nintendo and they gave me a button combo to push that I can't remember which fixed that. But compared to my Neo Cd via S video on the same TV, it's very dark.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'm running the mvs eprom cart on my 4 slot cab. The screen does not seem to be any more darker than the other games. Is it because of the difference of tv and monitor?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm running the mvs eprom cart on my 4 slot cab. The screen does not seem to be any more darker than the other games. Is it because of the difference of tv and monitor?
Try changing the AES/Arcade and region settings in the Unibios. Do you know if your cart is the patched version?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Try changing the AES/Arcade and region settings in the Unibios. Do you know if your cart is the patched version?

My 4 slot has a US bios. And I bought the cart in mid February. When was the patch released?

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
It's too dark for me. I'm in the US running a HDTV via component. In fact, when I first got it, it wouldn't show at all on my TV. I had to call Nintendo and they gave me a button combo to push that I can't remember which fixed that. But compared to my Neo Cd via S video on the same TV, it's very dark.

Oh dear, any chance you could check if your Ironclad / USA Wii displays too dark if you use Composite cables (yellow plug only) on your HD TV?
(it's useful you have the Neo CD version to compare it to)

How about Wii Ironclad through Composite (yellow plug) on a *CRT SD TV*?
(if you have access to one)

This is the setup I would be using.

dhowerter

We are Tracking Youze!,
Captain Wrong / ALL -

Bump for my above question.

I'd really appreciate a comparison of the brightness of the Neo CD version of Ironclad

vs

the *USA* Virtual Console version of Ironclad being played on a **SD TV** via Composite video. (yellow plug)

Since that is the setup I would be using.
(obviously, if that's NOT dark, that'd be great! ^_^)